What will you do when the Great Tribulation Begins?

by Malkiel 259 Replies latest jw experiences

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

meeting junkie no more-

You are right regarding the difference between body and soul. A dead body is just a dead body.

open mind-

how are you so certain that you will have me become dissapointed with the truth?

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

snowbird-

i have prayed while, walking, eating, laying in bed, swimming, etc, to Jehovah.

If the Bible states that Jesus said that no one has seen the Father, then it is so.

• Layla33
    Layla33

My point, exactly!

Jesus DID know what He was talking about!

Since He stated in John 5:37 and John 6:46 that none had seen the Father, then who walked, talked, and ate with Abraham?

The Bible's answer: It was JEHOVAH.

Yet, if no one has seen the Father, ergo, the Father can't be JEHOVAH.

It took me a long while to accept this, also.

Sylvia

I hate to bring this up, but you do realize that "Jesus" didn't in fact say any of that. You do realize that everything that you are attributing to what Jesus said was written up to a hundred years later after his supposed life?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Malkiel, are you for real? I do not understand how an active JW who really does believe in the 'truth' can come on this board and argue with 'apostates'. What are you gonna do when the great tribulation begins? How are you going to explain your posting on here to your God?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I am over and out.

Peace.

Sylvia

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

digredoo-

i'm assuming that your quotation marks around apostates mean that you don't really believe you are one. If so, then i'm not talking to apostates.

look, i had a question and i asked it. now i have a better understanding of the feelings communicated here, not completely of course but better.

It is true that some here are destructive in their thinking, to the point of preferring death over everlasting life. wether these members are apostates only Jehovah knows.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Malkiel:

how are you so certain that you will have me become dissapointed with the truth?

Awesome!

May you enjoy the (non-WT-approved) ride.

OM

• TD
    TD

The fact remains that this 'Great Tribulation' will soon occur, Jesus stated it so, and world events are coming together pretty quickly.

You sound so awfully young to be so awfully confident. (not trying to be mean)

Do you remember Paul Ehrlich? Rachel Carson? DDT? Leaded snowflakes? Global cooling? Nikita Khrushchev?

Concerning the so called "composite sign" have you ever actually read the Olivet in context? Didn't Jesus preface the entire discourse with these words?

....blepete mh tiV umaV planhsh

(See that no man deceives YOU)

I've already pointed out how generations of my family long since dead spent their entire lives in the belief that the end was less than five years away.

Would you allow that they were decieved?

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

open mind-

you make it sound so exciting! (i take it you like to have these kind of discussions?, i'm cool with them.)

TD-

I don't recognize these names you listed.

The fact that one's expectancy did not come to fruition when one hoped is not deception.

I think you miss the point, TD, the point being that ANYONE, including myself, desiring to see the end shortly wants it that way because it is such a significant event. It is the beginning of the end for Satan once and for all, and so the end for all that is wicked.

Anyone expecting the end to arrive shortly is ready for the changes promised in the Bible. And it would be naive to think that there are those in the truth who seriously hope they die FIRST before that Tribulation begins. Everyone, including Abraham, would have loved to live to see Jehovah's fullfillment of this prophecy.

If it did not happen in my lifetime, it does not mean i've been decieved.

• Amyfa
    Amyfa

You Said
    "I think you miss the point, TD, the point being that ANYONE, including myself, desiring to see the end shortly wants it that way because it is such a significant event. It is the beginning of the end for Satan once and for all, and so the end for all that is wicked"

Maybe I am lucky I have had a wonderful life I don’t see the amount of wicked my friend who is a JW's sees. Everything with him at the moment is doom and gloom. Why can't you just enjoy the life you have now live it to the full find good in everything you see and hear. Love others as you would want them to love you.

You can’t be very happy if you can't wait for the end of the world. How can you think it will be so wonderful to see people destroyed to then pick about the bones and make things new (the JW view)?

I like the bible view that there will be a new heaven and a new earth, all ready waiting for us. Also the bible tells us we will have everlasting life if we believe and trust in Jesus. So that must mean when I die I go to Jesus I don't lay in wait somewhere.

You was given one life now live that one life to the full, enjoy it see new places make new friends learn something new every day and it wont be a life wasted.

Put your trust in God not man.

So happy I was never a JW and have no family that are either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit