Sorry?

by RichieRich 174 Replies latest jw friends

• Gringa
    Gringa

You all remind me of a bunch of JWs, disfollowshipping one of your own for some ridiculous reason - move on and stop judging

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

RR, you make many good points here.

Thanks for speaking up.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I didn't see any point in posting on the other thread either, cuz it's really none of my business.

But I am sorry you were hurt, and I am sorry for not having spoken out against such bullshit as that thread.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I haven't taken sides in this thing, and i'm not, now. It's funny though, how people here are apologising to richie. What do you have to aplogise for? Have some self respect.

S

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    I haven't taken sides in this thing, and i'm not, now. It's funny though, how people here are apologising to richie. What do you have to aplogise for? Have some self respect.

S

Since when does saying the word sorry mean one does not have self-respect?

• Vivamus
    Vivamus
    What do you have to aplogise for? Have some self respect.

Saying sorry means not that I have no self respect. I believe that one should speak if one feels injustice is done.

And whether RR is right or not ... that thread and others regarding his employment was just ridiculous ... and I said nothing.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Richie....I have always enjoyed reading your posts---your low times and your higher points were always interesting when you presented them. We have been upset along WITH you as you emerged from your home and to a new life, and then we have cheered FOR you when you shared so many things here concerning your NEW life.

My comment on the other thread indicated that this latest incident made me feel sad, although I couldn't exactly say WHY.

I feel even MORE saddened at the turn this has all taken, for a LOT of reasons. Maybe I am wrong, but I somehow get the feeling that there is still a huge gaping hole that has yet to be filled in, something we missed or are not being told on all this.

I am deeply sorry that you have chosen to leave this board Richie, because you WILL be missed.

I DO want to wish you well in whatever you do.

hugs,

Annie

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I was wondering, was all the broohaha over RR's employment? That's what I got off of page 1 of if it's true thread. Who cares what he does for a living? If that is what it was all about that's just ridiculous. I don't think whether he's lying or not about employment is a big issue. Was there really a 9 page thread dedicated to it? Say it isn't so....It's not like everyone tells the whole truth all the time here or anywhere on the net.

momz

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I wish you all the best rich. As far as a technicality of the situation...who cares. Good job on the WT and hope you stick around.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here is a case where someone insisted that everyone should be identical and fit into a common mold. They were envious, trying to destroy something because they did not have it. And, whenever this happens, value is destroyed. In this case, a few posters who were either envious or just plain had nothing better to do have ruined something good. Not only did it intimidate one good poster, but it also set a poor example for other newbies that may have toned down excellent posts because they were afraid of what could happen to them.

I hate to see people being intimidated or unfairly bashed for posting things that are not typical JW experiences. I know that one person's experience is not the same as the next. And it's because different people could have brought the Watchtower Society different levels of value. They have to discern whether it's better to recapture a person or disfellowship them, and many factors come into play. One is the damage each course would do to the person. Another is how valuable they feel that person is in the organization. Still another is how much work is needed to do either course. Yet another is the hounder-hounder's influence, which can vary and can change when a new hounder-hounder takes a circuit.

Also, different people have seen different rules. Some are unique to individuals. Others might be in the congregation or several contiguous congregations, with the illusion that it is the whole organization. Still others might be regional, with whole districts getting the rules. A different district might not pass down the rules in the same way, thus creating differences in experiences in different regions. And then there are rogue hounders that enforce rules that are not there or refuse to enforce rules that are there. They might, for instance, actually try to go after the root cause of problems rather than forcibly recapture or disfellowship a person. Then something happens and they get a new hounder, and things rapidly change.

I will continue to take the position that the Watchtower Society and its rules and disunity, illusions, and the damage the do need to be attacked and not the posters that are trying to escape. The Watchtower Society has never created one iota of value for me. They have never created any value for anyone else that I know of, either. Posters, left to their free will and free speech (excluding picking fights and insulting each other or filling the forum with spam and other crap), will create value to others that are struggling to regain their footing after leaving the Watchtower Society. As such, I feel it imperative to not attack them just because they have an unusual experience or different opinions. The last thing I want is to have even one poster who would have made a clean break end up getting recaptured or being driven back to the Watchtower Society because of my intolerance to differences. And I do not need any more downlines in that organization to further wreck my conscience and create more unnecessary problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit