Sorry?

by RichieRich 174 Replies latest jw friends

Inflicting as much reputational damage as possible goes beyond "destroying a false reputation" or clearing up confusion affecting a business. Inflicting more damage than necessary can only satisfy one's desire for revenge, so yes, it is indeed vindictive in nature.

You really haven't shown how Seth has done this. He's been fairly restrained, imo. How about a quote that shows Seth's outrageous "vindictiveness" or his "far excess"?

6 of 9,

My opinion that Seth has exceeded what's necessary to achieve his stated objective is not what's at issue, so nice try to again change the subject. Let me refresh everyone's memory about your comments that I responded to:

"The tone of Seth's posts, in my opinion, are indicative of an intent to go far beyond clearing up the alleged misrepresentation; rather, they appear to be calculated to inflict as much reputational damage to Richie as possible." 144001

That's pretty much the appropriate response when you see someone building a false persona, especially when they've used you as a prop to build their "reputation". 6 of 9

Your comment had nothing to do with whether Seth actually exceeded what was necessary to achieve his stated objective; rather, your comment asserted that attempting to inflict as much reputational damage to Richie as possible is "pretty much the appropriate response . . . ." Whether or not Seth actually exceeded what was necessary to effect his stated objective is entirely irrelevant to your claims that being vindictive is an appropriate response to Richie's purported conduct.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Oh for chrissake.

MODS! Can you close this piece of shit thread?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"My opinion that Seth has exceeded what's necessary to achieve his stated objective is not what's at issue "

I'm pretty sure that when I make a query or a challenge, whether or not you choose to respond, or whether or not you like the direction my challenge takes, my query or challenge is indeed "what's at issue". Hence the arrangement of the following quotes:

Inflicting as much reputational damage as possible goes beyond "destroying a false reputation" or clearing up confusion affecting a business. Inflicting more damage than necessary can only satisfy one's desire for revenge, so yes, it is indeed vindictive in nature.

You really haven't shown how Seth has done this. He's been fairly restrained, imo. How about a quote that shows Seth's outrageous "vindictiveness" or his "far excess"?

• jefferywhat
    I'm pretty sure that when I make a query or a challenge, whether or not you choose to respond, or whether or not you like the direction my challenge takes, my query or challenge is indeed "what's at issue". Hence the arrangement of the following quotes:

No matter what I say, I can't force you to debate in an honest manner. The record is quite clear of what's been said. I'll rest my case now, as you are entirely unworthy of any more of my attention.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think he's worthy!

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I respectfully ask each and everyone of you to smoke a joint, chill out and shut the 'f' up! Enough already.

• Vinny
    Vinny

I don't smoke that stuff! Everybody else on this island does though. Everywhere I go, people are getting high. Even the ice cream shop owner was telling me about the stuff he smokes. What's the deal?

• Vinny
    Vinny

Jefferywhat said:..."For Vinny and Nathan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zk59Lb89IA&feature=related

The truth really does make you feel better!"

144,000 is running away now, crying like a baby too.

Maybe he can cuddle with JK.

Vinny, you've added nothing of substance here, just an exhibition of stupidity. Ask your mom for permission to use the computer next time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit