Sorry?

by RichieRich 174 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

The sad thing is, just last week I was ranting to Ritchie about the quality of posters on this board and how it is so hard to find genuine people, even when you meet them in person. (I'm not perfect. I can flake out, too.) He took up for this board saying that the majority of the posters are good, kind-hearted people and that I should be a little more patient, just as I need patience from others. Then low and behold, 2 days later this board explodes w/ accusations about him; accusations from a person that NO ONE on this board has ever had dealings w/ before. I too was a bit quick to judge (being imperfect again, sue me) Ritchie and expressed it in private to 2 people. I was thinking, "Holy shit! I sent this guy pics of some of my piercings for his professional opinion." I then contacted Ritchie MYSELF to see if he was OK and questioned what happened.

Ritchie, I'm sorry that I judged you, even if it was for 20 minutes, w/o contacting you first.

• JH
    JH

Hi Richie

I also feel that a lot of Drama was made out of this story. It's none of our business what goes on in your personal life. There could be a thread written for each one of us, just like what happened to you. I'm not looking for who is right and who is wrong, or who is half right and who is half wrong, or who is 10% right and who is 90% wrong.

Parents forgive their children when they do something wrong, and still love them.

So, your real friends will still love you no matter what. The others aren't important.

This whole story is un important for me. I will always remember the good threads you've started and everything you shared with us, even if there was a bit of Hollywood added to it.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

HA .......... bro you dont need to appologize to me for S***. dont let these people run you off.

hell most of us would rather hear your posts than the naysayers who wanna throw s*** your way.

i think we were all judgemental self righteous a$$holes............. aka JEHOVAHS WITNESSES at one time, some of us can shed those traits quicker than others.

I STILL HAVE THE DAMN SCAN OF THE BOOK THAT DOSENT EXIST(flock book).

dont give a *&^% what anyone else says or thinks that took ballz

good luck with whatever you do in life but if you do go we will definately miss you bro

• whyizit
    whyizit

Richie,

Don't leave JWD. Don't ever leave. Unless it is because you WANT to leave.

With all the people who have access to the internet, you are bound to be cyber-bullied at some point and time. Lots of people would like to get you the heck off this forum, because you make so much of a difference. Stay in spite of them, and because of the people who matter. The ones who are encouraged by your struggles and your story.

I know it is frustrating to try to prove yourself, with skeptics ready to pounce on every piece of evidence you would provide. But lots of us care about you, we love what you have to offer, and we have enough discernment to be able to see what really matters, and throw out what doesn't.

I don't care if you ever worked in a tattoo shop or not. It does beg the question: Why would anyone lie about working in a tattoo shop?! (Now, if you said you invented "Windows"....)

I really love all that you have to offer and share with the people here. It gives me hope that my friend will one day escape the WTS too.

Let it roll off, and keep coming back!

• JK666
    JK666

Ritchie:

Glad that you showed up and said your piece!

About the only thing I accused you of is being young, and I wish that I had 3 fingers pointing to me saying that! I was of the opinion that it was "none of our damn business."

I wish you much success in you future. I'll PM you my contact info if you ever want to talk to a crusty old fart.

JK

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Richie - you are loved here, by many, please continue to update us and congratulations on being able to make a life for yourself.

~ Robin

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I take some of these comments and nod my head, I hated the fact on that thread they accused you of basically being a product of this board, as if you had never had an opinion of your own. And I said that. As you said, with or without this board you would be out and away from the WT.

Unfortunately though, you are a victim of being made a celebrity, We love to build people up, support the underdog etc, then as soon as they appear to have it all, then we get out the knives and start shootin them down again! You became a bit of a hero, and so attracted a lot of attention, I think if someone posted about me and my job, it would hardly warrant a response!

I can understand your indignation, but in time I think you will understand people on the board are still smarting from the whole trev/Linda thing and unfortunately some genuine posters have suffered in the crossfire of suspicion. You could be one of them.

I hope you continue to post, as I said.. I loved your WT comments, and that is ultimately what we are all here for. But if you dont, I understand.

I wish you well

Poppy

• V
    V

Thanks for speaking up Rich.

I have no opinion about this recent drama regarding Richie Rich, however I will vouch for his efforts. I touched that Flock Book, say no more...

The curse of the Watchtower Conducter continues.

We will have to see. Terry is next...

Rich did a great job conducting the WT and the response to the WT Comments was the greatest to date. He is personal validation for many youth struggling out of JW-land. Rich is welcome back to the podium anytime.

Cheers Richie!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Richie,

The big problem to me is how so many of you reacted.

There is a lesson contained in this statement. I hope that it is learned. People can only claim to be your 'friends' if they have some sort of loyalty toward you that does not rely in momentary discussion Board, flavor of the month, sort of friendship. Many people on this Board have no real opinions of there own, but rely on these to be set for them by the majority opinion. That is why they can so easily be taken in by "Trevor's" and why their "love" turns to dissapointment with so much ease.

This is not to say that I disagree with Six of Nine, I do not. I think he is being a little too brutal toward you, perhaps for your own sake, but you are young and yes from what I have seen on this Board, easily swayed, and yes you have a whole life ahead of you Richie to get things right.

Do not think we have not been where you have Richie, because we have. We have all lied, and if we live long enough, been lied against. I well remember telling a studio that I played a '67 Stratocastor once, thinking I would never get the gig. I actually played a piece of crap. He phoned a few minutes later and told me to be at the studio in one hour with my Strat. I had to take a cab over to Shaftsbury Avenue, buy a very expensive Strat (I could only get a '69) bash it around a little and rush over to the studio. I did not get the gig because I played like crap too...lol All I was left with was an artifically damaged guitar and a lesson learned.

Take care Richie - HS

• Gringa
    Gringa

You all remind me of a bunch of JWs, disfollowshipping one of your own for some ridiculous reason - move on and stop judging

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit