Sorry?

by RichieRich 174 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

Nate,

And I will say it again SSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW.

I do not endorse his behavior.

He does have the right to make his own decisions as an adult without you getting your panties in a bunch.

GOT IT THIS TIME?

JK

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

If Richie lied and exaggerated, it's on him.

The biggest victim in that case would be Richie himself.

We can all have our own opinions on the kid, but Nathan Natas hasn't done anything wrong or inappropriate.

He's given us more facts. Facts he stumbled upon, not attempting to discredit Richie, but out of concern for his well-being.

We can say we don't care, but that's not really true.

He's asked Richie to respond.

Richie has given a blanket response that was basically a big "FU ALL". IMO.

That was unfair, because alot of people here, if not the majority, did not pass judgment on him nor applaud him but they did say, whatever happened, we all make mistakes, especially when we're young, but we're here for you no matter what, it's cool. Let's move on.

Nothing is black and white. We all know that.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Richie,

I don't know you. I don't know this other guy. That's why I didn't comment. You didn't ask anything from us on this board other than a little support.

I'll miss your posts.

Bryan

• JK666
    JK666

6o9,

Hey, I agree that we disagree on this one. No problem as we are both entitled to our views.

My exception was that NN came on here all hurt and needy, after he let out that loaf on the Trevor thread. You are either sensitive or a pig. I was just calling him on it.

JK

• fifi40
    fifi40

Oh My,Oh My..................

You do know that there are kids starving and dying in this world, people whose lives are shattered by war, disease and poverty, people who will lose a child, a partner, a parent to some dreadful disease today, people who survive on a bowl of rice and dirty water.........

In the bigger scheme, how important is all of this nonsense really!!!!!!

I also think it is hilarious that the same people who accuse Seth of "kid-bashing" would argue that young Richie should post here because he's "so mature." N

Nathan,

You are a liar, as I am the poster who explicitly accused Seth of "kid-bashing," and I have never at any time argued that young Richie should post here or that he's mature. Cite one post to support your lies, Nathan. You can't, because I've never said what you've attributed to me.

I think it's "hilarious" that you have to lie in your effort to make an issue of the alleged lie of another poster. I don't know for sure whether Richie lied, but I'm sure you have. I will keep your lies in mind as I assess the veracity of your future posts.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I, apparently in the minority, never cared for Richie. I just didn't get his outlandish life-choices [from my perspective]. The stories that he told made him look like a selfish brat who was rubbing in his parents' Jw faces, flaunting his body-artwork and far left liberal positions as superior to those more mainstream. It seems completely juvenile and garnered a ton of praise here, which likely excaberated his activity. Likely all that cyber-fame lead him down a path seeking more.

Anyway that is my take.

What I can't fathom here, is hundreds of posts arguing about a guy who came on here and misrepresented himself to the board. Be sure - he is continuing to enjoy the publicity.

Apparently NN broke the facts here. I did not read much about this, since I never emotionally connected with the guy to begin with, nor do I ever intend to do so - just not my cup of tea. When NN broke the Trevor story, I honestly did not believe it. But also, I had not ever seen Nathan lie on this board, and so it had a ring of truth to it from that perspective. I would guess that his 'homework' was done in this case too.

If some choose to continue to defend Richie, fine. Others may choose to say, as I do, "Hell with the little brat who misrepresented himself. Why would I want anymore to do with a blatant liar?" It might just be my age - but liars are not people I like to associate with. Those who do are welcome to what they get from that. No insult intended to anyone, for I read very little of what was said here. Seem like the forum should move on to me.

Just my 2 cents.

Jeff

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I have been holding back in commenting on this because I did not want to appear to be a "Richie-basher", but there ARE some points I would like to bring out in hopes that I can express my thoughts and not cause any more friction on either side of this situation. It looks as if RR was caught OUT when his fabrications caught UP with him. I still love the kid, but I AM a bit disappointed in the way he dealt wth this.

When I am told things by people that, over a period of time, I have grown in affection for, and then discover that the things I had spent time on pondering and offering solicited advice on.....I DO tend to feel a measure of hurt and disappointment at having been duped about the true situation at hand. Apparently this has happened more than once so it is not an "ooops. I'm sorry, I didn't mean that-let me clear that up" situation. Basically, it has nothing to do with age or immaturity, it has to do with integrity and respect for others that you feel respect YOU.

When I (or anyone else here) comes here and posts about a situation going on in their lives and "puts it out there", asking for comments and advice, and others read what was said and offer their advice out of love and concern, does it NOT involve us all? This is not only aimed at Richie---it is meant in general.

Speaking for myself---I will admit that I AM affected in a small way when ANY poster comes here and posts their problems, their dilemmas, their triumphs, their "gotcha" moments, and their accomplishments.....and I make a comment on their thread, telling how *I* feel about it. I have then, involved myself and usually, feeling that I "know" the person, have a reasonable expectation that the poster is not putting me on and snickering behind the keyboard while looking at ALL the posters that fell for their "story".

Does ANYONE enjoy being lied to? I think it is safe to guess "no" on this one. It makes us feel crummy. It sure doesn't make us feel GOOD, now does it? We share this in common only by being former JWs. We LIKE to think that our Crap-o-Meters are working, but now and again....we find out otherwise.

So, yeah...life WILL go on, and I will not go running and sobbing into my pillow over it, but I do feel disappointment at this turn of events, mostly because I was sadly "surprised" yet again.

hugs to all,

Annie

• Satanus
    Satanus

Anyone notice the title richie gave this thread? Does that tell you anything about his attitude to all of this? S

• Kudra
    Kudra

This is a nice comment from RR that kinda shows he's giving everyone the ol' f-u...

"So I don't owe the majority of you anything. I appreciate having this board. I appreciate the friends I've made through it. But without this board, I still wouldn't be a Witness, Without most of you, nothing would be different! I wouldn't sleep on the other side of my bed, or wear different pants, or use a different brand of deoderant. Without me however, you'd be talking about something else."

He's saying we dont make too much of a difference to him but without him in our lives... well!

So we should probably drop it all. I admit it's pretty loserly to keep on about it although I do understand why folks like Nathan Natas are super annoyed that RR has not been truthful and when called on it won't come out to play. I think it's sad that NN checked in on RR and RR just sort of crapped on him. And on the rest of the folks who just want an honest answer.

Let's find something better to do with our time.

-K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit