Secret Santa Ideas thread

by Angharad 147 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I noticed Gravity's Rainbow on your wish list. I read it because of all the positive reviews, but the bottom line is, it sucks. Incredibly boring and pretentious. So if I get your name - I won't be sending you that one!!! Otherwise, interesting list. It's always fun to see what other people read.

Here is my amazon wish list.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I like Christmasy things but not with the religious overtones, no angels or baby jesus in a manger stuff.

A simple tree ornament would please me and if it's home made all the better! Maybe one that says something about where you live, that would be cool.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I like cool funky socks.....

music

silver jewelry

and photograph or picture of something in the area you live would be most awesome.

BUT

you may have a better idea of your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

purps

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

I'm with Hortensia. I adore pink depression glass, or any pink glass for that matter. Pink glass bead jewlery is lovely.

I'm an avid tea drinker, so teas (minus rooibus, makes me ill) or a vintagey teacup is good.

Love old, vintage stuff. Old postcards and photos, floral plates, hankercheifs, worn beaded bags, old avon stuff. I can spend hours at vintage store.

Yarn. I knit, so yarn is always appreciated. Love varigated wool yarn in soft colors.

Books. Almost any. Love to read.

Warm, cozy socks, esp. if they are pink.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'd like a card with a short letter inside! Tell me what's been great in your life lately.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

A book that you have personally read and made notes and hightlighted parts of interest. Your old journal that you have written in, i'[d even return it after I read it, if you wanted.

Oh wait. I didn't sign up. but if you have any of you that stuff and want to send it to me, pm me for my address.

lisa

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

- "but if you have any of you that stuff and want to send it to me, pm me for my address."

I just sent a roll of film (that I found in a thrift store) off to be developed. If the pictures suck, you can have them :)

• bem
    bem

Lisa and Nos* You two made me laugh, Lisa you would never be the same if you read my journals.

* (((((Nos))))) please NO wt/jw stuff/articles/mags if you get my name for the gifts. I just threw away half a truck bed of the stuff when I sold my house shared with ex hubby. One of those things I don't want to start again <>the collecting)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Now, I made it clear that if they didn't at least give me an idea as to what they like, they would recieve JW literature. Everyone who posts in this thread is safe. Those who don't post any ideas or hints risk living forever in a paradise on Erf.

...and that friggin Youtube video is pissing me off - interrupting my Headpins album. I swear I'm gonna post a Megadeth Youtube video to play along with it

• horrible life
    horrible life

Nosferatu, really secretly, wants an ipod. LOL

Sorry Nos, I couldn't resist. I saw you had posted. Sorry, this isn't my party, I'm leaving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit