Secret Santa Ideas thread

by Angharad 147 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Just posted mine - what a traumatic 15minute long experience lol!

I had a trainee cashier who wasn't totally sure - however she did tell me that I had to send the package 'signed for' rather than recorded delivery as recorded delivery isn't available at the destination!

So I had to fill in a different form from scratch...

Then I had to fill in the customs form, after it took her 5 minutes to find some.

But we did make the next post collection which was just being taken as we finished

Bless, I felt so sorry for her, I got the impression that the other staff didn't like her much maybe because she was asking too many questions and they were busy, she seemed afraid to ask - she did really well though

• Magick
    Magick

ok, just get back from the Post Office and got my gift sent off!!!!!!

purpsDo they have to wait till Xmas to open them?

purps, my present was so beautiful. i cried before, during and after opening it. it is exactly, i mean exactly the best present in the world. i literally felt my heart grow three sizes alt i loved it all. every sweet thing you did. it was like you got wrapped up and mailed yourself to me. it's honestly the best present i've ever gotten. and...i'm sorry that i didn't read your post until AFTER i opened it LOLOL. u are so talented!!! thank you, thank you & thank you. alt did i say thank you?

• Gadget
    Gadget

I've just remembered I need to post some ideas on here!

I'm a 30 yr old biker with little man syndrome.....In my spare time I study psychology and tend my allotment. I'm always after more psychology texts (My wife worries about me having an entire shelf devoted to mind control....), but it would be difficult to choose a book I haven't already got. How about a comedy book, or I'm currently collecting books by Robert Ludlum (I haven't got any of his covert-one series yet). How about something from your local area? Any of your local rock bands cd's that may not be available where I am (melodic rock not thrashy), or is your area famous for a particular type of vegetable or fruit you could send seeds for me to grow in the allotment? They'd have to be suitable for a northern UK climate though.

I hope this has given you some ideas.

Paul

• bem
    bem

BTTT

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I mailed mine out yesterday... hope the person I bought for likes what I got ;)

Merry Christmas!!!

Jackie

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hey Magick,

You are so welcome, gives me a bit of a lump in my throat to see you so happy!!!
    I was hoping that all you have been dealing with, concerning your mom,
    it would bring some happiness!!!
    Thank YOU for liking it!

purps

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I mailed mine yesterday too!! I love shopping for gifts

My son came with me to the post office to mail it... He was chatting away with the girl behind the counter and I though he knew her from school.... but it turns out she's a JW!!!

It's a good thing my son said something to me before I declared that the package needed to get to the UK before Christmas! And when she asked me if I had family there, it's a good thing I didn't reply that the Christmas gift is for someone I know from an internett discussion board for ex-JWs.... LOL!!!

Hope it gets there safely!

GGG

• somebody
    somebody

This is SO much fun! I did my shopping today and absolutely LOVED looking for things I think the person I'm giving to would like. I'm going to send mine out this week.

I tried to get some fun things along with some sentimal items. Things that one can take out every year and remember this year, 2008. Some times adults love thigns they remember having when they we young too! If you have any dollar stores in your neighborhoods, you'll be amazed what you find there for a decent price and things that bring back memories you yourself have of times past ( crazes and fads of the times), that you know the person you are giving to had if he or she is in the same age bracket you are.

I enjoyed shopping today more than I ever remember enjoying shopping, seeing as how I hate shopping ( unless it's a cooking gadget store or grocery store, because I love cooking). Odd for a female I know, but it's the truth!

Just wanted to share with all of you, maybe give some ideas while at the same time, bring this back to the top for those who may not know this thread is here.

Secret Santa is wonderful also for those of us who the "empty nest syndrome" rears it's head every year at this time, making it a somewhat sad time of year. Yeah...I'm one ot those!

peace to you all, my friends...

somebody/gwen...and zev/harold

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mem>?? Why did you have to blow my cover? Angie I will pay you later
    My parcel went Friday to my SS. But I wish I had read the profile before I sent it

edited to add this person isnt mouthy !

Ang - Mouthy MADE you say that didn't she?

• Magick
    Magick

i just got back from chrismas shopping.

i hope no one let the cat out of the bag as to who i am shopping for.

it took me so long..cuz everything christmas is so new to me...and there's so many pretty things to look at.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit