Christmas Card exchange?

by bem 211 Replies latest jw friends

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Bem,

Just a little note to thank you for all your work with the cards. We have received quite a few cards and it is so nice to be getting them.

Thank you,

Sheri

• noni1974
    noni1974
    Oh sweetie that was so nice of you.... I cant thank you enough for your kindness in thinking I wouldnt have one from you..... NOW I will get two.
    That cost a lot. But It will be so nice to show my grand-kids folks like me

Mouthy it is worth way more than the cost of a stamp to make you smile.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy it is worth way more than the cost of a stamp to make you smile.

Thank you what a nice thing to say... This is a real Family to me ....

• bem
    bem

Noni said it and I second this *sentiment to Mouthy, and the rest of you, your welcome Sheri The cards are great addition to my christmas decor, and the kids are loving them also so the cheer is spread around to more than me.

*Mouthy it is worth way more than the cost of a stamp to make you smile.

Edited to add: I just got most all of my cards mailed today, HooRay

• bem
    bem

Thanks for the Pm's letting me know about missing names so I can keep my records straight as well as make sure no one gets left off, enjoying this all! Don't hesitate to mention it if I miss someone.

Honesty John Doe
    Free2think
    PEC & Barbie Doll
    Jim_Tex
    Helncon
    Zamora251978
    Thesilence
    Awake and Watching
    Gretchen956
    Bumblebee & Memario
    AK-Jeff
    Blondie
    Reneeisom
    alamb
    BEM
    Namaste
    Noni1974
    Dazed and confused
    Lola
    Purza
    Crazyblondeb
    Anglise
    Vernon Williaims
    Troubled Mind
    Horrible Life
    Frequent_fader_miles
    Enjoying Freedom
    Loruhamah
    Uniformed
    PoppyR
    erynw
    sunspot
    prophecor
    saoirse
    wordly andre Brijin Mouthy Edited to add: I forgot to add you may get a card or two from people who requested the list of addresses, but didn't want to be added to it... I ONLY gave the addresses to two that have been posting here at jwd a while and I didn't see them as a threat to anyone, there were a couple request's I didn't send the addresses to because the posters have been here for a short time & they didn't post on the thread, not meaning to censor here, just following my instincts.
  • Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... we finally got most of the cards into the mail today.

I only lack a few that I am going to put together and into the mail tomorrow or the next day.

I have received 16 cards through the 'ex-JW Exchange Program'. My wife is impressed. *wide grin*

Bem - thanks for your efforts in organizing the 'list' that everyone was able to use.

I think though... if possible... someone should go back and compile a list of tips from this thread - for those newbies - and see if it can be immortalized in 'The Best of' section. There are many little things that one doesn't think of - when getting a mass mailing of cards together. A 'Mailing Christmas Cards - for ex-JWs' thread might be a good thing to compile.

Who woulda thunk that a bunch of grown-ups would get so excited about mailing out Christmas Cards.

Thanks again yall!!

Regards,

Jim TX

• helncon
    helncon

Over this last week i have recieved many cards.

My daughter has been very entruiged(sp?) from where they have all come from.

So we have gone to goole earth and looked up adressess and she is amazed that they have come from all over.

Thank you BEM for your hard work in organising this list.

Helen

• brinjen
    brinjen

10 cards here so far, getting a desktop tree tomorrow, will make up a nice display on my desk and post the photo here when I'm done.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Folks, at the risk of seeming a tight-fisted Scrooge can I just say that as much as I'd love to be on this list the cost of sending out so many cards would be too exorbitant. Let it be known that Claire and I would DEARLY LOVE to send you ALL a card this year, but we already have a huge list of overseas friends (mostly from the USA on JWD). Already this week alone I have had to explain to two people who wanted to exchange cards that we were having to cut back.

However, would anyone here accept an e-mail card from us at Christmas? We shall continue to send snail mail cards to those on our list from previous years but if YOU would like an e-mail card from us via Jacquie Lawson (great quality) we will be delighted to send you one.

Just pm me with your e-mail details and your name and I'll do the rest.

Love,

Ian

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Ian...I can MORE than appreciate what you have said.....we're finding it a bit overwhelming too. I told hubby yesterday after the last batch of cards came in----that I may never "do this" gain, but I wanted so much to do it this year and to see all the places these cards would come in from. (I think it softened him up a bit :o)

I received one card with a darling picture of three very cute kiddies....and don't know the screen names of the parents that send this out! I have gotten several cards with just given names, but no clue who they are HERE on JWD! I was able to figure ONE out because of the state and the first name added at the end of a post, LOL! The cards are lovely, and I would dearly like to know "who" sent them, ya know? I don't KNOW a lot of your "real names" and we may have talked on JWD for years!

I have also gotten SUCH an array of exceptionally BEAUTIFUL cards this year! I mean----they are really quite gorgeous! LOTS of ooohs and ahhs as they are pulled from their envelopes! I had bought a pretty Christmas basket last year to put the cards in as they arrived---but I am thinking I may just pull them out of there and tape them all over the archway between the diningroom and the living room so we can actually SEE them when going back and forth from the kitchen to the livingroom, haha! They make me feel so happy inside! (My
    get well and "thinking of you" cards are still perched on my computer desk!)

We have had a few days of icy (and now very snowy) weather and just had the driveway cleared out, and I have not yet been able to get out to GET the stamps I need ! You folks are SO PROMPT at this---I haven't been AT this very long---but I don't usually mail them out until the middle of December! We have not gotten ONE from a family member and only gotten one from a lady who is NOT on JWD, LOL! SHE has always been our "first card" of the season in the past three years and hers came in on Saturday, the 1st of Dec!

Blah....I was up early (before it got light) this morning because I wasn't feeling the best....it s now light and I just glanced out the window.....it is snowing again.... and quite heavily . I may NOT be getting stamps any time soon! But know that I love you all....and I and MOST appreciative of all the wonderful cards that have come my way in the last few weeks. You folks ARE the best! My heart is VERY full.

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit