Christmas Card exchange?

by bem 211 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Just a few reminders about sending Christmas Cards... and observations...

Sending Cards in the mail - be sure to send them with enough time allowed for them to arrive on time - PRIOR to Christmas (2007 - wide grin). This means getting them to the post about 10 days prior to December 25th - if not more - to allow for slower mail delivery times at this time of the year. (Also some people string their cards up as part of the festive decorations.)

Also - if sending overseas... like to/from Australia - or Europe - allow MORE time - as it takes about 14 days for things to get from there to here (or vice versa). Also - be sure to send and specify 'Air Mail' at the post office - to ensure that it does not go by boat - which would take about 2 months.

Another tip - if sending mail outside the country (U.S.) - you will need to take the cards to the Post Office - to get and pay for - foreign postage rates.

If you exchange your address with others - make sure that the address given is real. I have had one person give me an address - and 2 months later - I got their card returned - no such address. The individual was miffed that they had not received a card from many - but had sent out cards. If you have 'issues' with fears of being 'outted' or whatever - it may be best to not participate in exchanging Christmas Cards.

Keep in mind that within the U.S. postage rates are rated per ounce (which allows you to send a bit more than just a card), and outside the country, I believe it is rated per half-ounce.

Folks - Christmas Card exchanging can be very exciting - if you've ever done it before - you will know this. I believe that last year, I had almost 24 cards from friends through the exchange. It was pretty cool - and my wife was impressed!

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. bttt

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I'm in!! I love sending cards!

BB

• horrible life
    horrible life

I'm in!!! But please don't tell the elders where I am. They have been looking under every rock in Oklahoma, trying to find me!! J/K

• lola28
    lola28

I'm in, who is in charge this year?

Lola

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

ME - ME - ME

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Anyone who wants on my list, and is not already, just PM me.

I love doing this and my list grows more each year.

I think I have about 40 or so on my current list. I have been updating my list for a couple weeks now.

Jeff

• bem
    bem

COOL to hear AK, yes I love to get cards also ,they are added as part of the holiday decorations and my family loves seeing them from every where and everyone.

What we have done in the past is to PM each other our mailing addresses. I'll PM mine and you all can PM me yours. that way we don't make them totally public.

Gotcha HL I so would never reveal which rock in Oklahoma is yours

Some of the cards I have gotten in the past have been as good as presents with litttle goodies from the sender, Jimin Texas is a great card sender.

Thanks to those of you who have already sent me your addresses.

Dorothy

• helncon
    helncon

Yes i will be in.

Helen

• free2think
    free2think

Im in too, anyone that wants a card from me, just pm your addy i promise i wont give it to the elders.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Is someone keeping an address list to send out, or are we all supposed to pm the ones we want to send cards to? We need some guidelines here. I'll think about it, but I've never made a Christmas card before and I'll be a little lost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit