GOOD GOD!! WHY ARE THERE SO MANY.......????

by Terry 192 Replies latest jw friends

• PinTail
    PinTail

Kool site bro. Yeah I have a massive chunk of my brain missing from falling on my head, its a wonder I can do anything with a computer.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Well now, I have read this entire thread and side heavily with 666. My father and the folks he knew in the civil service included linguists and scholars who always knew and could correct anything you said. These effin idiots get so deeply involved in words that the average retard could understand what someone said and these goons would correct every single spoken word but somehow lose the the actual drift by overadresssing the issue. I think most normal people know what I mean.

Words can be played with, and thats exactly what the watchtower society does. We can analize the origin and meaning of words till our god dam brain explodes,but it is ridiculous to go this far. Like JK said, " it's communication." Is that so hard to understand eggheads?!

I detest people that play with words or overanalize what some simple phrase means. For the most part such people are called geeks or nerds. They people are very intelligent but don't know when to shut it off and act like a human being. Such people make great politicians, lawyers, journalists and religionists and inspire,but create duality and confusion of meaning by their overredundancy. It is these folks, that take scripture and distort, twist and create multiple meanings which confuse and create many new forms of belief which differ and create havoc for the grassroots salt of the earth folks.

I have always detested, and have no desire to learn one iota of grammar. It is boring, and as is commonly said " Anal Retentive.' Does anyone think when they are told something, Now what is the past participle and the subjunctive clause of this this sentence and is the structure of the sentence conveying the proper meaning? If you think think this way you have a severe problem.

In most cases if something sounds right, 98% of the time, it is right! I beleive that language should flow like water and if you start to analize it, you are killling the flow of natural thought. Ideas flow, words flow. It is beautiful. Leave it alone and let your analyitical mind absorb the flow and the jist of thought rather than the spelling and grammatical correctness of meanings which your over active mind might wish to compound and add meaning to which there is none. I hope these words are not wasted, over analized or spelling corrected, by egg heads who wish to debate for there ego gratification or there own derived concoction of meaning.

• RAF
    RAF

WOW ... TyronVL : I'm speachless !!!

• wednesday
    wednesday

I'm also spelling impaired, but thanks to spell check, I can get some of the errors. I grew up during the "new math" and "sound it out phonetics" and it , according to a doctor I respect, has ruined an entire generation of peoples ability to spell.

Since we are talking about spelling, have you ever been spell checking your post and found you had misspelled a little word like AND ,,and the spell checker is clueless ,and you spend more time trying to find the word than if you just went back over the post yourself? Another word is TO (invariably I spell it OT). also, spell check will not capitalize a small i, or it pick word that you did not intend. Fun with spell checking.

I try and spell things correctly but if spell checker misses it, I'm lost. I've gotten pretty fluent in TYPO. .

I guess I have a low threshold for aggravation b/c spelling mistakes (unless the post is just unreadable) don't bother me.

weds , not in the spelling police academy)

• TopHat
    TopHat

HEAR HEAR

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's a little known phenomenon called laziness. People type too fast, make an error, and do not bother to go back and fix it. Or, they are drunk while posting and they make major typos and huge grammar errors. Of course, they don't bother to go back and fix them.

While there is no rule against it, I believe that people whose posts contain excessive major errors like this are undermining the value that such posts may create. People who are reading them are also lazy, and do not want the extra work to decipher posts where every other letter is a typo or where the whole structure is way off. We all make stupid mistakes, and many of us forget the occasional error. But when it's every other letter, we should make a reasonable attempt to correct our posts before posting. That is, if you want people to get anything out of them.

• Terry
    Terry
    By the way folks I found an excellent spell checker for Internet explorer that I been using in this forum and others it's called IEspell. it's free and it works great it installs a button on top of your tasks bar, just type your message and when finished hit the " abc " button and it will spell check everything for you. As always I scanned It for spy-ware and it came up clean........here's a link so you can try it out yourself.......http://www.iespell.com/

Thank you. It was worth enduring the slings and arrows just to obtain this response. I'm downloading now.

Much obliged!!

• Terry
    Terry

Hmmm....how do you pronounce STANDARD??

I wonder where Terry is?

How does HE spell h-m-m-m??

Terry went to work yesterday. Terry is back at his computer this morning going "tsk tsk" and "Oh my!".

Human nature is fascinating.

• Terry
    Terry
    Terry, I bet you were born in September. Am I right? If not, there's a Virgo somewhere in your chart...just teasin' ya.

Wrong.

• Terry
    Terry
    John Doe, Just in cast your "craw" comment was sarcastic: The definition of craw is - the stomach especially of a lower animal. JK

Gee, I always thought it was spelled "crop" and pronounced craw. I learn so much on JWD!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit