GOOD GOD!! WHY ARE THERE SO MANY.......????

by Terry 192 Replies latest jw friends

• eclipse
    eclipse

If we can't keep a sense of humor about life it is a long, uphill slog.

Cheers!

Well Said!

I just wanted you to know that I highly respect you, and I was harsh with my comment toawrds you, and I take it back.

I've just noticed lately, that all your posts have been somewhat derogatory and lecturing...so I thought perhaps something was troubling you...and that you were unusually crabby. I am just saying what I've noticed.

I know that you would probably be shocked, but I hate spelling errors, especially my own. I cringe when I see them and correct them as soon as I see them...sometimes I overlook grammatical errors such as missed words, or transversed letters, but it doesn't mean that I do not care.

I care very much how my posts appear, as silly as that is, I do understand exactly what you are talking about...

and yes, some people just don't care about their grammar or their spelling errors, but perhaps they are fastidious in others areas, - their gardens, their vehicle, their appearance, their home, etc. etc.

I am seceretly careful about my spelling, I'm sure that is shocking to you. And I wish I could write beautiful prose like some of the posters here...but it is not my strong suit.

I have read all of the posts on this thread, and that I agree with you that in this world, there are so many people that don't care!

If we all strived for excellence, this world would be a better place because everyone would be working hard at bettering themselves and their environment.

Apathy has to be the greatest scourge of our time, for it promotes a stagnant state of being, and what happens when something goes stagnant? It collects dirt, mold and mildew, and/or decays and rots. Good for composting, not for living.

I'm not saying we should all be anal about our spelling now...as some cannot spell as I pointed out due to a learning disability, or dyslexia. but I agree trying doesn't hurt. Of course, making allowances for those who have written their post in a moment of anguish, when spelling and grammar is not on their minds, only typing out their thoughts through blurred, wet eyes...trying not to get tears on the keyboard.

I know I try my best to compose a post without errors...I do care enough. My ass isn't wide and my love handles don't jiggle either...lol...though sadly some suffer from the extreme opposite of letting themselves go to developing anorexia.

Either choice is not healthy....balance is the key.

And that is all I strive for - balance in how I live my life, balance in how I view things, balance in my beliefs.

What anyone else does, as long as they are not hurting anyone else, is their business....and while it would be nice for everyone to strive to be perfect...this will never happen.

and that is why I came from the stance that I thought maybe you might want to relax...and I was wrong, seeing from your other posts, you aren't the perfectionist that you protrayed yourself to be...who would of thought?

Funny how that is..we can assume something or judge someone by their words, and be totally wrong about them....

I wish you love and peace, Terry, you deserve it.

-eclipse

• Happy Harvester
  • FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Here's a little fun at Terry's expense.

When I miss one I am terribly embarassedembarrassed!
    BOUNDRIESBoundaries make good neighbors. Spelling is a boundryboundary.
    This is aA gross distortion at best and merely ugly invective at worst.
    Does this slovenly,slouching attitude bother anybody other than me?
    You invalidate your own arugment argument.
    Kettle meet pot?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit