GOOD GOD!! WHY ARE THERE SO MANY.......????

by Terry 192 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thank you for replying to my apology, Terry.

I'm sure I'll be seen as weak or as an a$$-kisser for it, bit I'm ok with that.

We can disagree on certain matters and still be civil, friendly even?

I find being misunderstood very frustrating. Perhaps your good intentions were misunderstood.

On a friendly note, I still think it might be good for you to "lighten up". For your own sake. But I recognize that you've lived more than have I. I hope my well-intentioned suggestion is not misinterpreted as presumptuousness.

I too love words and view them as art. Keep creating art for us, Terry.

Take care,

Nate

• Terry
    Terry
    On a friendly note, I still think it might be good for you to "lighten up". For your own sake. But I recognize that you've lived more than have I. I hope my well-intentioned suggestion is not misinterpreted as presumptuousness.

You'd be surprised how light I am.

You've never seen me deliver a good ass-kicking here on JWD. If you did, (ala Alan F or Hillary_step) you'd recalibrate my "lightness".

Thank you for being a friendly adult.

• fifi40
    fifi40

What you miss out in your example of sending our children to school is the difference in ability.................my sister and my nephew suffer with dyslexia which makes it very difficult for them in areas of spelling and reading etc................my sister grew up with a very bright sister who received all the praise for her academic capability whilst she was considered as a non tryer and admonished as such......

So when I say you dont know peole's circumstance I mean it...................and if your happy to continue with you little crusade which may result in some feeling uncomfortable then so be it.

There are different ways of achieving and they are not all in the area's of literacy.....................so I am not championing pity, that is your twist on it.

What I am trying to do is get those that seek to judge others whether consciously or not to consider what they are saying before they say it............

One area of achieving is to learn sensitivity and compassion for others less fortunate than ourselves

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    Yes. That is why they were rhetorical.

:::smile::: It seems to me that you implied your answer to the rhetorical questions with the last question. I was simply sharing another opinion. I'm not trying to be argumentative, simply saying what came to my mind. ;)

Jackie

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hi Terry,

Unless I missed it, you didn't respond to my post suggesting (I will put it a bit more clearly) that you are deliberately doing to the rules of political correctness (not criticising posters on their spelling) what careless spellers are doing to the lexicon and syntax... something of an I break the rules and I don't care, therefore I am, attitude.

Your later reflections about order and chaos reminded me strongly of Fellini's movie Prova d'orchestra, you might enjoy it.

I would also add, fwiw, that the normative fixation of spelling in modern languages is a relatively recent development. How it affects the ongoing evolution of languages might be an interesting topic per se.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

This is too funny, Narkissos.

I was trying to recall the name of Fellini just the other day.

I get your meaning, Terry. I'll shut up now.

Peace,

Nate

• Terry
    Terry

What I am trying to do is get those that seek to judge others whether consciously or not to consider what they are saying before they say it............

One area of achieving is to learn sensitivity and compassion for others less fortunate than ourselves

Sigh.

• Terry
    Terry

Hi Terry,

Unless I missed it, you didn't respond to my post suggesting (I will put it a bit more clearly) that you are deliberately doing to the rules of political correctness (not criticising posters on their spelling) what careless spellers are doing to the lexicon and syntax... something of an I break the rules and I don't care, therefore I am, attitude.

Narkissos, as far as I am aware (correct me if I am wrong) there are no RULES OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. If there are, I missed them.

If there aren't, your post is without context.

• Terry
    Terry
    Yes. That is why they were rhetorical.

:::smile::: It seems to me that you implied your answer to the rhetorical questions with the last question. I was simply sharing another opinion. I'm not trying to be argumentative, simply saying what came to my mind. ;)

Jackie

Actually, I was being playful. But, now that I'm tagged the "spelling Nazi" I shall be viewed as a twisted pedant in all I say. Sigh.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

:::smile::: Fair enough, I admit to having misread the tone of your reply and apologize ;)

Jackie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit