GOOD GOD!! WHY ARE THERE SO MANY.......????

by Terry 192 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

....SPELLING ERRORS on the Topic headers?

How much effort does it take to check your spelling before you post a topic??

Just read over some of the topics up for discussion right now and you'll see a very shocking (to me, at least) disregard for accuracy.

If you can't trouble yourself to get your spelling right how are the rest of us going to respect the fact you have your reasoning right either??

I type very fast. I make errors all the time.

I try to go back and read my own posts and EDIT them if I spot an error. It just takes a minute or two.

When I miss one I am terribly embarassed!

Does this slovenly slouching attitude bother anybody other than me?

Side thought: Lurkers still in the Kingdom Hall want to be able to dismiss us as cretins and mental defectives. A lazy approach to spelling certainly reinforces this prejudgement.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Terry, You ok today, hun?

nj

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You're not the only one. I have two dictionaries next to me and am very embarrassed if my sentence structure is off or if I miss a few words. I try my hardest to proofread my posts and sometimes strike out. I'm only human I guess.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Here's your Barney Fife nip it in the bud spelling badge, Terry. ;-)

• What-A-Coincidence
  • Terry
    Terry

Terry, You ok today, hun?

nj

Yes, luv. Oops! I mean....yes, love!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I admit it..... I'm Spelling Impaired.

I know I've made spelling errors on here many times. I've tried to install different spell-check things and can't get any of them to work right on message boards.

Once upon a time, I would have been horrified if I had misspelled something I posted publicly. But for me, now, I can only get on this board when my husband is out. My kids often need (demand ) my attention. There are a million other things that also demand my time. So if I'm going to go look up every word that might be wrong, I would never post here at all.

If anyone has a good spell-check program that works on here, I'd love to hear about it!!

GGG

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I wish we had a spell checker on here, I'm forever going back to correct my grammatical errors.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Terry....

Everyone makes typos and some are not very good at spelling, it is not because they are less intelligent or educated, it's just that they can't spell, or don't recognise when they have made an error, and since there is no spell check...it's easy to miss errors.

My teacher was a horrible speller, yet very educated and very intelligent, it was like a disability for him.

I am dyslexic, I transpose letters all the time, and I have to go through my posts to reverse letters and fix spelling errors. I do not think I am stupid. Perhaps you think I am, lol.

I don't know why you would feel embarrased if you overlook an error, we all know you are incredibly intelligent,

making an error does not make you seem less intelligent, only makes you look more human.

I think fifi got it right.

You need to stop being so uptight, and relax!

You know what's good at helping one relax? Sex. I think you need to get some, because you seem wound up tighter than a clock.

I know that this post will probably make you think less of me than you probably already do, but hey, someone had to tell you to chill out.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I try my best, but my excuse is that I went to french school (I'm from Quebec) and I learned on my own how to write and read in English.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit