GOOD GOD!! WHY ARE THERE SO MANY.......????

by Terry 192 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I never said it didn't matter.

I never said I didn't care.

I did say that an arrogant tone is not helpful in encouraging people to strive for excellence.

When one employs such an arrogant tone, at the same time committing the very "crime" one seeks to prosecute, irritation may well be the result.

I respect you for caring, Terry. I used to be more like you. Perfectionism is unhealthy for all parties. I say that as a recovering perfectionist. I used to equate proper spelling and grammar with intelligence. I've come to learn that was a mistake.

I publicly apologize to you if I was offensive or hurtful.

Glad you're back here doing what you do.

Nate

• Terry
    Terry

What boggles my mind is this. How can anybody argue laxity with a straight face?

read or ignore (they take the risk - since it's not that important on a board like this)

Refusing to do something easily done better is a cancer on the human condition.

In spelling matter on a board like this ? now that's Very spellitual !!! Errrr ... what about eradicating the cancer? lets say "war on spellcheckf*ker"

You must have read (and applying what ) a book (or your mind) says like "how to always get the point in turning around the bushes in validating yourself with nuts and passive agressive comments" tells to do. (I guess you can accept and deserve to have the same kind of answers).

What do you espect from that ... a$$ kissing? perplexity/beatitude? same kind of answers? agressive comments? humor should be the best (still it's a choice)

Man get this straight ... On here cares who care and don't care who don't care (simple) nobodies going to die ... and about Kaos (OY) I guess that there are real reason for people to get into kaos (OY) and somehow TVL set an exemple ... and it works for you (regarding your ways and understanding on things) - to me at least (so it stays subjective)

The WTBS methodologie is smart which does not mean that their doctrine and reasoning is not stupid.

Kaos (OY) is what happens when we don't see what is important where it is important - so then you have to take care of so many things that actually you don't really have the time to think act/react about what is really important (again it reminds the WTBS method)

If any feel that it show little respect for the readers, the question is more why put so much implication into this ?

I'm off this topic ... I know how you want to play (not worthy) So have fun turning every words and subject in whatever you want.

So much personal anger!

I wonder why?

• Undecided
    Undecided

My memory is leaving me as I grow old. I will be talking and can't remember a word that I know but can't recall and I have to reword the sentence. It is so irritating to me. I can't remember the name of things or places, like fast food places at times. I can recognize misspelled words but can't spell them myself.(I just spelled misspelled as mispelled and caught it) It kind of makes me nervious to think of getting alzheimers.

Ken P.

• Terry
    Terry

You are no better than Jehovahs Witnesses judging others, as if because you apparently try harder you are somehow better...........what if there is some poor single mum out there that has 4 kids too care for, a job, is worrying about making ends meet and doesnt even know they are making spelling mistakes........you dont know people's circumstances.

You are setting yourselves up to be the judges of other peoples motivation, character and drive and I wonder in all of this what exactly your motivations are..........

If there is a bad reaction to a thread like this it is because it is a form of judgement on others from a very limited, narrow and ignorant viewpoint!!!!

A gross distortion at best and merely ugly invective at worst.

Ask yourself why we waste time sending our children to school and giving them report cards.

Is it to "judge" them? Is it to impugn their character? Or, is it to enable them to know the difference between a thing well done and a thing poorly done?

Life is brutal under the best of circumstances. Disabling the part of a child that "cares" enough to try harder at something in order to be excellent is what is wrong in this world.

What is achievement? What is winning? What is success? Is it connected with doing better than the rest of the folks who just don't care enough to achieve?

Survival of the fittest is not survival of the least fit.

It isn't survival of the fattest. It isn't survival of the slovenly or the inept or the "don't give a shit".

You are championing pity. It isn't attractive.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

lol @ this thread ... Terry... don't you have anything better to do???

• Terry
    Terry

I never said it didn't matter.

I never said I didn't care.

I did say that an arrogant tone is not helpful in encouraging people to strive for excellence.

When one employs such an arrogant tone, at the same time committing the very "crime" one seeks to prosecute, irritation may well be the result.

I respect you for caring, Terry. I used to be more like you. Perfectionism is unhealthy for all parties. I say that as a recovering perfectionist. I used to equate proper spelling and grammar with intelligence. I've come to learn that was a mistake.

I publicly apologize to you if I was offensive or hurtful.

Glad you're back here doing what you do.

Nate

I don't single people out for drubbing. I never intended any slight toward you or anybody else personally. Thanks for caring enough to post this, Nate.

If you go back and read the evolution of my posts you'll see they are reflective of the attitude people starting giving me.

There are only a few posters who weren't merely having jolly fun. I went along with the joke with them.

However, I did detect a pathology in a few people. At least it looks like they have personal "issues" not pretty to witness.

Making me a pedant and a spelling Nazi seems to relieve their animus and let them off the hook.

Ho ho, okay, I'll have the laugh with them.

If spelling is an issue at all worth discussing I'd rather be on the side of trying to be a bit better at it than on the side that says, "fuck you."

We reveal our true selves in many ways, you see.

• Terry
    Terry

lol @ this thread ... Terry... don't you have anything better to do???

You mean, like playing the Werewolf game?

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    What is achievement? What is winning? What is success? Is it connected with doing better than the rest of the folks who just don't care enough to achieve?

Don't we each have to answer this for ourselves? What is achievement, what is winning, what is success to me is not doing better than anyone else. It is finding a personal balance in my life that brings me contentment.

Jackie

• Terry
    Terry
    My memory is leaving me as I grow old. I will be talking and can't remember a word that I know but can't recall and I have to reword the sentence. It is so irritating to me. I can't remember the name of things or places, like fast food places at times. I can recognize misspelled words but can't spell them myself.(I just spelled misspelled as mispelled and caught it) It kind of makes me nervious to think of getting alzheimers.

Same here, actually. I was a spelling champ in school and now I am typing along and words come out phonetically! I'm sickened by my own loss of ability due to age and atrophy.

I liken it to a boxer who slowly loses their footwork and then their punch and is finally left with only a jab.

I'm at the rope-a-dope stage of life.

• Terry
    Terry

Don't we each have to answer this for ourselves? What is achievement, what is winning, what is success to me is not doing better than anyone else. It is finding a personal balance in my life that brings me contentment.

Jackie

Yes. That is why they were rhetorical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit