Disgusting comment re: education from Tacoma 2007 District Convention

by Justitia Themis 124 Replies latest jw experiences

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

That makes me P.U.K.E.

Actually, there is a positive side to speakers making disgraceful comments like that: they serve to alienate young ones and their families who are ignoring the Society's pathetic bleatings about higher education.

The comment also highlights how cold, judgmental and unloving the organisation really is. The emotional force motivating JW's is more about fear of Armageddon than genuine love of Christ or neighbour.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

S.T.U.P.I.D. F.*.C.K.E.R.

GBL

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Mary -

Silly Billy!!!

The A.A diploma is given for years of sudy on how to be an Alchoholic Asshole. Maybe if he looked over the Rim of his glass he would have seen the world as a loverly place.

HB

• BrentR
    BrentR

My sister just calld me on Sat and mentioned the Tacoma DC. She is very proud that she got her BS in nursing. I will have to ask her about that since this talk was on Sun.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Millions then living, who "Will Never Die" are now

D. E. A. D.

These asswipes are going the same way (If an asswipe was ever alive)

HB

• eclipse
    eclipse

I say they (the borg) should put all of their JW fundies on the podium,

all the crazy PO's, DO's who live in the commune bethel. and have no freaking clue as to what life is really like, since they have never had to pay a bill in their whole life.

who like to give 15 minute faithful-discreet slave worshipping prayers...

Don't put any normal or mentally balanced brothers up there

maybe, just maybe, the R&F will FU#%ING wake up!

That talk was disgusting, but maybe it's the eye opener that we need to get those braintrapped people out.

• R.F.
    R.F.

This is sick, but actually, i'm glad of it. It only helps those with a piece of brain to begin to think, if they haven't started already.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    The speaker first starts with what he called the "alphabet soup" of degrees....A.A., B.A., M.A., Ph.D., etc.; he said they were nothing more than "sheepskins on the wall." One of his closing comments was that at Armageddon, educated people will be able to add a few more letters after their names...D.E.A.D. ....ah...yes, everyone laughed and clapped. How very Christian.

I forwarded this to a few people I know who were never witnesses and they were all in complete disbelief at what a crackpot cult it really is.
    I think it was harsh for me to read this but to outsiders it must come off as complete and total insanity that they would say such things.
    I bet if they had "new ones" in the crowd it made them second guess what they were even doing there.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

This damn stupid religion is so full of assembly speakers who spout all these opinions, anecdotes and wisecrack sayings, none of which is in the bible. They are so full of this sort of thing it used to make me sick.

In the case of this person who made the remark about higher education and letters after the name, I am sure he is green with jealousy and he is congratulating himself that he can feel "important" without a degree. The problem is: he is feeling important on other people's charity. I hope everybody gets real smart and puts N.O.T.H.I.N.G. in those contribution boxes.

He is just a hop, skip and jump away from being a bum on the street. I am assuming he is a bethelite. If bethel downsizes further and this guy is asked to leave, you can bet he will be in a real predicament without CHARITY from people in the congregations, unless he comes from a wealthy family. The sickening hypocrisy is that some of these people have a degree and the money they earn and contribute to support his ignorant, ungrateful hide comes from this fact.

But I am sure if you went up to an elder to discuss this stupid remark you would be told something along the lines of how it won't matter if somebody has an education on the day of armageddon, etc. and you should understand the spirit of what the speaker was trying to say, yada, yada. To those who believe in the bible and armageddon, technically it won't matter what anybody owns or what stupid title they have in this world. This isn't the problem. The problem is how these morons who live at bethel don't have a clue as to what real life is all about. They have no business saying anything to prevent impressionable young people from getting an education in order to survive in the world.

LHG

• Quandry
    Quandry

This is from Saturday afternoon program. The speaker first starts with what he called the "alphabet soup" of degrees....A.A., B.A., M.A., Ph.D., etc.; he said they were nothing more than "sheepskins on the wall." One of his closing comments was that at Armageddon, educated people will be able to add a few more letters after their names...D.E.A.D. ....ah...yes, everyone laughed and clapped. How very Christian.

Here in Texas, the conventions are sometimes held at University facilities, as one last year, on the Texas A&M campus.

The one near Houston this year is being held in a beautiful new facility owned by a school district, which is next to a new community college.

The nerve of the WTS to rent an auditorium built by people who value education and then insult them!! !

What was the name of the talk? I wish I had a recording of it, and would send it to the head of the school district that is renting them the facility. He has a doctorate in education and is very passionate about the importance of learning.

I think the only thing this talk is going to encourage is for all the rank and file to continue to be... D.U.M.B..... before they end up ...D.E.A.D.... like everyone else.

Cue the laughing and clapping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit