Disgusting comment re: education from Tacoma 2007 District Convention

by Justitia Themis 124 Replies latest jw experiences

• mavie
    mavie

I hope there is a recording of this. I would *love* to have it as I've always heard dubs do not try and discourage ones from higher education.

• zack
    zack

ARMAGEDDON: bring it on, baby. These people are foolish. I used to think they were victims. But they aren't. I was fooled because all the evidence was there for me to see and I chose to believe this stuff. Why didn't somone kick my ass 20 years ago? WHERE WERE YOU GUYS?

• Mary
    Mary
    The speaker first starts with what he called the "alphabet soup" of degrees....A.A., B.A., M.A., Ph.D., etc.; he said they were nothing more than "sheepskins on the wall." One of his closing comments was that at Armageddon, educated people will be able to add a few more letters after their names...D.E.A.D.

Yes, this is the type of stupid comment I would expect from a brother with Grade 8 education. Jerkoff. And what the hell is "A.A.?" I've never heard of a degree that's an 'A.A."

I also find it ironic that unless you've got a degree such as Computer Science or Engineering or Nursing, or Law, that they don't want you at Bethel. Frigging hypocrites.

LMAO @ Warlock!

• sandy
    sandy

I think I've said this before . . . I would find it hard to believe these comments if I never heard my very own JW sister tell my father (who's df'ed) things like: "If Armageddon comes tomorrow you're dead!"

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

An A.A. is an associate's of arts degree. In the States, two year degrees are typically called associates degrees. There are also A.S. (associate of science) and A.A.S. (associate of applied science, typically two year trades) degrees.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I guess I'l have to add to mine: RN, BSN, RT, B.I.R.D F.O.O.D

He sounds like a gem

nj

• changeling
    changeling

That's disgusting!!! I hope that was a wake up call for anyone in the audience with half a brain.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I wonder if we can confer honorary degrees on the D.A. and D.F. ;)

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

This also disgusts me! I work At a Hospital and clinics. I see the PHD Doctor from some of the most famous college's of the nation on the walls of there office. Yes very impressive!. These are very good people dedicated to help mankind they even take an oath and live up to it. What kind of spew comes out of the talks of the assembly is just ridiculous. Hello there Brother assembly speaker you might be the one D.E.A.D if you get no one to help you from a person with a doctors PHD!!!!

• willyloman
    willyloman
    One of his closing comments was that at Armageddon, educated people will be able to add a few more letters after their names...D.E.A.D.

This guy is completely ignorant of his own organization's m.o. Based on the current model, you would think that the folks with advanced degrees and higher education will all be given privileged positions at "headquarters" because that's what happens now. And, after all, as has been said so many times from the platform: "Brothers, the theocratic arrangement we have now is designed to prepare us for the new system."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit