Disgusting comment re: education from Tacoma 2007 District Convention

by Justitia Themis 124 Replies latest jw experiences

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yeah, it's funny though how they are willing to let these evil people with higher educations help them when they are in trouble. like, those doctors trying to make a better life for them through bloodless surgeries. those damned book readers.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Did you ever find that the spakers who would say such things are the ones without qualifiations?

It wouldn't be a case of jealousy, I s'pose??

• hybridous
    hybridous

Whatever. This crap is becoming largely ignored by more and more JWs. They nod in agreement with the speaked at the assembly, but where the rubber meets the road of life, Junior's ass is going to be in college, studying something, by God...

Because at the end of the day, some JWs aren't going to see their children suffer thru the same mistakes. And until the WT makes getting a Bachelor's degree a DFing offense...Junior's going to college. It is happening as we speak.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

What a f**king moron.

Just before i left the kult, a mouthbreathing, outwardly homophobic, body builder, narcistic, closet case elder , B. C., told me that just because I had a college degree (AEE at the time) that he was not intimidated by me at all. This guy was a case. I could do pages just on him.

My education is what saved my life. It gave me the self esteem and critical thinking abilities to get out. Even so, there were some very black times in my life.

The last conversation I had with my elder father, 9 years ago, one of the things I laid out for him was the '68 Awake comments about higher education. Until then he had always denied that fact. I obtained an actual copy of the mag and sent him a copy.

I still get angry talking about these things.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Double Speak ... They would never say that in Bethel where they have bethelites with degrees.

• exwitless
    exwitless

Nice. Real nice. What a pompous ass.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

The society is allowed to plan ahead as if Armageddon isn't really around the corner by planning construction projects years into the future. Rank and file members are not allowed to plan ahead as if Armageddon might be years into the future by getting a college education. That's just H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.T.I.C.A.L.

• flipper
    flipper

My Gawd, What a fu@#$! retard speaker!!! Dare I say he was putting in his own words there, or was he actually reading verbatim from the outline?? The audacity of these asswipes never ceases to amaze me! I am so proud of my 22 year old fading son who I am trying to get through a university, when I told him about this comment, he said," You've got to be kidding?" But it's no joke! The only education these jerks want young people to have is in the mental regulating of the,"governing body and their dictates. To them all other education is unnecessary. I believe most of them will wind upD>E>A>D> because they won't know how to earn a living or learn how to wipe their own ass from a hole in the ground , due to lack of education. Their own closed minded fault. Can you tell I'm pissed?? Peace out and war on stupidity, Mr. Flipper

• Quandary
    Quandary

There is no way he did not get a reprimand when he went by the Chairman's office after finishing his talk! That is one of the most appalling things I have ever heard from a speaker! Utterly disgusting!

Q

• choosing life
    choosing life

Never could figure out what they had against higher education, often wondered what was the big deal.

Then I figured it out. I went to college and it stirred that wonderful process in my mind called critical thinking. A person who can think for himself is a threat to them and the stories they tell to keep you under their control.

That speaker was spewing hatred and discriminating against the religious freedom of others. Some day they are going to get called on the carpet for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit