Disgusting comment re: education from Tacoma 2007 District Convention

by Justitia Themis 124 Replies latest jw experiences

• greendawn
    greendawn

It sounds like the speaker himself or the org he represents have an axe to grind against people with university qualifications, anyway this is the official standpoint of the WTS since it came out at their assembly.

It shows how unrealistic the dubs are who owe a lot to the advances in civilisation achieved by such well educated individuals. They are very much anti-culture and anti-education as well as very ungrateful. Basically they hate education because it militates against their control tactics.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder too if that comment was made from the outline or was added. There is such tight control nowadays.

My last meeting/assembly was a circuit assembly where:

1) jws were compared to elephants who were conditioned to obey by being tied to a post with a chain while still young. By the time they were grown and physically able to pull up the post, they were mentally conditioned not to.

2) jws were told that marrying a non-jw was marrying a corpse and that you were kissing one too.

3) jws were told that unless they were a nice shiny quarter not a dirty penny, Jesus would not bother to bend over to pick them up.

Turned out all 3 were in the outline and were said by the CO and DO.

Another one to add to my list.

Blondie

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I would find it hard to believe these comments if I never heard my very own JW sister tell my father (who's df'ed) things like: "If Armageddon comes tomorrow you're dead!"

Suggested rejoinder by your father: "And then what? I'll just be dead. You'll be spending eternity serving Judge Rutherford. Now tell me: who's the idiot?"

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    One of his closing comments was that at Armageddon, educated people will be able to add a few more letters after their names...D.E.A.D

Does that include the watchtower's own lawyers, who are
    obviously well educated, apart from being D.U.M.B. enough
    to be jws and giving their services to the wt for free?

I bet he thought he was being so clever with that one.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Wow!

So brazen!

After watching the drama video last night on youtube, I hope it IS in the outline and some forewarned fader can get it on tape, just think of THAT on youtube!

Holy hell!

Roller (of the 'picking my jaw up off the floor' sheep class)

• sparrow
    sparrow

have I been that stupid or have they only just started saying stuff so bold like this?? If it is in the outline I will go to the sydney one and tape it myself. I can pull the rest of my family out with stuff like this.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The reason they discourage AA, BA, BS, MS, PHD?

Once you get one or more, chances are you are

G.O.N.E.

• unique1
    unique1

Wow, that is truly twisted!!

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I used to sign my name with a T.H.T after it = The Happy Technician

Just saying....

• codeblue
    codeblue

I second what Purps said: how could they say that with the public in the audience?

That would SCARE anyone new away...ASAP...

I am feeling their love: NOT!

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit