Disgusting comment re: education from Tacoma 2007 District Convention

by Justitia Themis 124 Replies latest jw experiences

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

This is from Saturday afternoon program. The speaker first starts with what he called the "alphabet soup" of degrees....A.A., B.A., M.A., Ph.D., etc.; he said they were nothing more than "sheepskins on the wall." One of his closing comments was that at Armageddon, educated people will be able to add a few more letters after their names...D.E.A.D. ....ah...yes, everyone laughed and clapped. How very Christian.

I'm sure "the Christ" was proud, but I suspect Christ was not pleased at all by his comments.

Justitia

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower
    add a few more letters after their names...D.E.A.D. ....ah...yes, everyone laughed and clapped.

ahh... I talked to a fellow JW friend last night who attended that very convention...funny she failed to mention that encouraging tidbit. I am sure the speaker thought he was being clever.

SnakesInTheTower (of the Disgusted Sheep Class)

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

What the hell is the whole "the christ" deal anyway. It sounds so awkward. I think I'll go to spelling it 'teh christ' to further internet-leet-joke-ify it.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

OMG you are kidding.

real great for all those interested people that are not JW's to hear.

purps

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

That talk sounds like it was really D.U.M.B.

• Warlock
    Warlock

How about this one:

Those who counted on Armageddon to come, and put off that A.A. or B.A., will more than likely retire B.R.O.K.E.

Warlock

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Spelling those four letter words is best when kids are in the room.
  • Mulan
    Mulan

I wonder how the educated JW's took that comment. I know of several from this area, who were at the Tacoma convention, who have college degrees.

The WTS sure takes their donations!

They send Bethelites to college, to get those degrees. Wish I could tell that to the speaker.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Let me guess - the speaker was Brother Ray Tard, no?

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

lol, D.E.A.D.....

thats awesome... i think its a good analogy... at armageddon, PhDs, such as my future self, will die... because we wanted to continue our education, learn more about the world and maybe do a little to better it... ha ha..... ba (3), ma phd dead.... thats something to put on my curriculum vitae!!! wooooot

stupid dubs dont even understand how stupid these megalomaniacs that "teach" them really are...

the infamous one(not outraged, just feeling pity!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit