Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

by flipper 381 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    silent lambs have got focused on the witnesses which ruins a lot of good they could do for people, here is a site that exposes silent lambs bias clearly.

Fuck you renaii.

I've got my own issues with Bill Bowen. I don't care for him personally. He's an arrogant, micro managing jerk, who did his best to screw over a really good website called Lambs Roar. BUT he's also done a helluva lot for victims of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Meanwhile you are a coward, who refuses time and again to make any defense whatsoever to your outrageous claims. I have no respect for you whatsoever, and I'll be triple damned in hell by god himself before I let you spread lies and damn lies about those who have fought against the absolute evil of Jehovah's Witnesses' 2 eyewitness rule and their protection of monsters who have raped innocent children.

You got something to say? Let me hear it!!! You are deliberately trying to provoke people, god only knows why. Show me you've got a spine, shock me and actually show some intelligence for once. Back up Jehovah's Witnesses' treatment of sexual abuse victims FROM THE BIBLE.

If not, then fuck you!!!!!

You do not have any IDEA how offensive your goddam little post is to people who have been run over by this sect. You don't know and it's obvious you don't care.

So who is worse -- the offender who attacks children or the smug and arrogant bystander who protects the offender?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Someone needs to bookmark this little passage the next time reinaa wants to be trouble making for no apparant reason.

Again, I will always be happy to let reinaa defend JW dogma and teachings, but I draw the line when it minimizes and even mocks the pain and damage that this cult has inflicted on innocent members, esp the victims of pedophilia.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I probably should edit Big Tex's post but I won't.

He deserves to be outraged for the rape first by a JW family and then again by the WTS's policies and now by defenders of the WTS.

BT Take a deep breath and go do something nice with Nina and the kids.

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Wow. The blog that is meant to "expose" Silent Lambs is beyond sad. They choose sentences from the WT that make it appear that the WT encourages abuse victims to report the crime. Truth is, when the entire subheading is read, it's shown that trying to apply what the WT is saying leads to doubt and confusion for the victim.

w9511/1pp.27-29ComfortforThoseWitha“StrickenSpirit”

What

oftheAlleged

Abuser?

A person who actually abuses a child sexually is a rapist and should be viewed as such. Anyone victimized in this way has the right to accuse his abuser. Still, an accusation should not be made hastily if it is based solely on “repressed memories” of abuse. In this case the most important thing is for the sufferer to regain a degree of emotional stability. After the passage of some time, he may be in a better position to assess the “memories” and decide what, if anything, he wants to do about them.

Consider the case of Donna. She reportedly had eating disorders and went to a counselor—apparently one of dubious competence. Soon she was accusing her father of incest and he was taken to court. The jury was deadlocked, so the father did not go to prison, but he was left with $100,000 in legal bills. Then, after all that, Donna told her parents that she no longer believed that the abuse happened!

Wisely, Solomon said: “Do not go forth to conduct a legal case hastily.” (Proverbs 25:8) If there is some valid reason to suspect that the alleged perpetrator is still abusing children, a warning may have to be given. The congregation elders can help in such a case. Otherwise, take your time. Eventually, you may be content to let the matter drop. If, though, you want to confront the alleged perpetrator (after first assessing how you would feel about the possible responses), you have a right to do so.

During the time that the one experiencing “memories” is healing, awkward situations may arise. For example, an individual may have vivid mental images of being molested by someone he or she sees every day. No rules can be laid down for handling this. “Each one will carry his own load.” (Galatians 6:5) Sometimes one may feel that a relative or a member of one’s immediate family is involved. Remember the dubious nature of some “repressed memories” when it comes to identifying the one suspected of being a perpetrator. In such a situation, as long as the matter has not been firmly established, keeping contact with the family—at least by occasional visits, by letter, or by telephone—would show that one is trying to follow a Scriptural course.—Compare Ephesians 6:1-3.

What

CanElders

Do?

If the elders are approached by a member of the congregation who is experiencing flashbacks or “repressed memories” of child abuse, two of them are usually assigned to help. These elders should kindly encourage the afflicted one to focus for the time being on coping with the emotional distress. The names of any “remembered” abusers should be kept in strict confidence.

The elders’ primary task is to act as shepherds. (Isaiah 32:1, 2; 1 Peter 5:2, 3) They should be especially careful to “clothe [themselves] with the tender affections of compassion, kindness, lowliness of mind, mildness, and long-suffering.” (Colossians 3:12) Let them listen in a kindly way and then apply healing words from the Scriptures. (Proverbs 12:18) Some who are afflicted with painful “memories” have expressed appreciation for elders who make regular visits or even telephone calls to check to see how they are doing. Such contacts need not take a lot of time, but they show that Jehovah’s organization cares. When the afflicted one realizes that his Christian brothers truly love him, he may be helped to recover a considerable degree of emotional balance.

What if the sufferer decides that he wants to make an accusation? Then the two elders can advise him that, in line with the principle at Matthew 18:15, he should personally approach the accused about the matter. If the accuser is not emotionally able to do this face-to-face, it can be done by telephone or perhaps by writing a letter. In this way the one accused is given the opportunity to go on record before Jehovah with his answer to the accusation. He may even be able to present evidence that he could not have committed the abuse. Or perhaps the one accused will confess, and a reconciliation may be achieved. What a blessing that would be! If there is a confession, the two elders can handle matters further in accordance with Scriptural principles.

If the accusation is denied, the elders should explain to the accuser that nothing more can be done in a judicial way. And the congregation will continue to view the one accused as an innocent person. The Bible says that there must be two or three witnesses before judicial action can be taken. (2 Corinthians 13:1; 1 Timothy 5:19) Even if more than one person “remembers” abuse by the same individual, the nature of these recalls is just too uncertain to base judicial decisions on them without other supporting evidence. This does not mean that such “memories” are viewed as false (or that they are viewed as true). But Bible principles must be followed in establishing a matter judicially.

What if the one accused—though denying the wrongdoing—is really guilty? Does he “get away with it,” as it were? Certainly not! The question of his guilt or innocence can be safely left in Jehovah’s hands. “The sins of some men are publicly manifest, leading directly to judgment, but as for other men their sins also become manifest later.” (1 Timothy 5:24; Romans 12:19; 14:12) The book of Proverbs says: “The expectation of the righteous ones is a rejoicing, but the very hope of the wicked ones will perish.” “When a wicked man dies, his hope perishes.” (Proverbs 10:28; 11:7) Ultimately, Jehovah God and Christ Jesus render everlasting judgment in justice.—1 Corinthians 4:5.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I wonder how many people are sitting here after reading BigTex's post, in their own thoughts

and experiancing a host of feelings.

This is the kind of response you want and need when someone has violated you,

when someone is going to protect you and believe in you and stand by your side.

I have never heard one time, four years on this board any person that has

been molested in the organization that has said they got what they needed

from the organization in the handling of a child molestation case.

((((((((((((((((BIGTEX))))))))))))))))))))

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Here is a good discussion on the two-witness ruling, I read it but never participated, many times I just wanted to say Great Thread, so I am doing it now.

Good job BigTex

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/178319/8/two-witness-ruling

• caliber
    caliber
    The WTS is settling cases out of court for a reason. It helps them hide what happened and their duplicity in protecting the abusers under the guise of protecting themselves

FACT my dear. FACT that can NEVER BE CHANGED
    Reniaa ...when you won't allow facts to speak for themselves it's called "Blind loyalty ""

" Blind loyalty "hurts you and countless other people who are unable to defend themselves such as children !

When you deny the unspeakable pain and suffering some on this board have suffered do you don't feel at least a ting of pity and compassion ?

This is a perfect example of when Legalism is put ahead of love and common sense .

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

A family member was molested by a pedophile in the congregation the father was an elder....it was so traumatic on everyone.

Countless letters and calls to the society, elder discussions.....

When I first came to this site and read of others experiences I realized how wide spread these things are and the pain and

suffering many of you have gone through. It broke my heart to read what I did...and I am finished with religion...

(((((Hugs Big Tex))))))

h4o

• dinah
    dinah
    I probably should edit Big Tex's post but I won't.

He deserves to be outraged for the rape first by a JW family and then again by the WTS's policies and now by defenders of the WTS

Lady Lee, I don't think it needs editing. His outrage is justified, imho. I get unbelievably angry when I see Reniaa's crap. I just sit on my hands so as not to give her the satisfaction of knowing she pissed me off.

How anybody can justify the WT policies on child rape is beyond me.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Big Tex

I wasn't aware until today of the hell you have been through. If words could heal you, I would have already said the right ones. I want you to know you are in my thoughts and best wishes. It will be a happy day when real justice is brought about for victims of pedophilia and child rape.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit