Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

by flipper 381 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Quandry
    Quandry

The Martian writes:

No. Do you know of any Baptists molested? Pentecostals?...I know you know Catholics who were!

Good point, Martian. We've all heard about the Catholics. And who would have thought after all the legal wrangling that went on and the payouts they had to make, that the JWs would be following in their footsteps!!

At least the Pope was man enough to appologize for what was done in the Catholic religion. The WTS never will.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

• flipper
    flipper

Martian, I'm sure you realize the difference between finding out about molesters in the jw's as opposed to the catholics or any other religion is the jw's are trying to hide it with a gag order on the victims not to talk about what happened to them. At least, as Quandary says, other religions have come out and let their people know as well as others that there is a molestation problem. The witnesses won't admit to it and try to cover it up so their members won't know. I mean, just look at the surprised look on your face when you posted. I can see you didn't know as you stated. I'm sorry this information shocked you so much. We could all tell you were emotionally disturbed by the revealing of this by your facial contortions. Just proves our point that once the witnesses are exposed who are molesters, the news really affects you. Thanks for proving the point. Peace, Flipper.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks all of you for comments on this urgent subject. Keep it comin'!! Unique 1- We notice a common theme here, pedophiles don't usually go to jail in jw's for their crime and many times are left in good standing in the congregations. Junction Guy- Thanks for bumping this up bud. More sweeping under the rug and gasp!! nothing worse than a pioneer pervert. They keep getting privileges at times. Ecch! Undecided- Ken, points are well taken. It shows the jw's are just like all religions. But it invalidates their claim to be the true one. Megsmomma- So sick we can't even keep our kids around handicapped people at times. Obviously, he wasn't handicapped enough for his own good! Hope they caught him! Paralipomenon- It's true elders try to hide their own children's wrongdoing. Unfortunately, to them it's all about outward appearance, not about who's getting molested or destroyed by it. Lady Lee- So sorry your whole family has been afflicted by this. I hope you and your sister have been able to get needed professional help to deal with it. Peace to you, my friend. Vanilla Mocha- It's amazing you had to find out about this molester from a post office poster. Just another proof of the witnesses covering it up. That's the point. Davegod- Appreciate your candor and honesty. Hope you recieved counseling or are getting professional help to adjust your sickness. If you are, I hope it helps you. Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Sadly, I was a victim by the step-creep. He was an elder. I think I may have told the tale in one of my very first posts. Frankly, what rivaled the repeated rapes was the emotional rape experienced at the hands of the committee at the tender age of 10. The committee decided that because he cried and I didn't and of course the silly rule of two witnesses, that no way could he be guilty. He went on to molest my two younger sisters, and a least one other girl (my babysitter) that I know of. The babysitter was in the same congregation...she was labeled a troublemaker....

Twenty years later this piece of sh*t was df'd for the molestations. That is a long story in itself. But he was reinstated within a year or two and of course does not come with a warning posted to his forehead. Once an abuser, always an abuser. He never got help. All but one of his brothers (all active Jdubs) are molesters as was their father. I think they were all elders at one time or another.

So I get df'd for having a breakdown and not being able to cope with meeting the nazi committee to confess my sins which were done under duress and about 40 different prescription drugs...but that man got a free lunch to rape an unknown quantity of little girls. Am I little bitter? Yes, but I have gotten therapy and I have gotten outta that borganization.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    Re: Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

Yes, on both counts. I've written topics and other posts about it.

• zagor
    zagor

No not really while there I never heard of such things. I was already out for a few of years when I heard of some cases on TV and was quite shocked at hearing this. But it is same in Catholic church priests often molest kids under parents' noses and no one knows a thing. It is not as if such people have registration plate entitled MOLESTER007 LOL

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I was not, but I do know someone else who was. The guilty party is still a member in good standing, and the victim has disassociated themselves.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Lady Lee- So sorry your whole family has been afflicted by this. I hope you and your sister have been able to get needed professional help to deal with it. Peace to you, my friend.

Thank you.

The result of the abuses in my family is that my aunt committed suicide shortly after she was sent away.

I was sent into foster care for 3 years and was treated like a criminal.

My sister committed suicide November 2005. The abuse she experienced as a child drove her to drug and alcohol abuse and prostitution (she was going to make them pay for it). She told me that if she couldn't be a "good JW then she would be a bad anything else" When I tried to tell her it was a cult she told me she didn't want to hear that because it would mean everything she had done and the life she had led for the last 30 years was based on a lie.

I doubt that my aunt and sister were the only two victims who thought that suicide was the only option to stop the emotional pain and memories. I know I came pretty close to it myself

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Yes, decades ago. Now, we can piece together his history. He was molesting when he began studying (his sisters). He was molesting after being baptized (me.) He was molesting as a ministerial servant (my oldest niece). He was molesting as an elder (my oldest neice still.) He was molesting as one of the youngest Presiding Overseers even appointed in our area (my youngest neice.)

Several years later, I ran into an elder from his congregation. We were chatting about people we both knew from years ago. He asked about him; I told this elder that he had sexually abused me and many of my family members.

He wasn't shocked at all. He calmly replied, "We always wondered about that." I knew then that there must have been victims in the congregation-at-large, or else why would the elder body have "wondered." Up until then, I thought he was active only amongst family members.

Justitia

• flipper
    flipper

Makes me sick what you all have gone through. Lady Lee, I'm so glad you made it through - what happened to your aunt and sister happens to so many abuse victims - this should NEVER be swept under the carpet. flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit