Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

by flipper 381 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

Been really busy with out of town guests dropping by this last week and a half, finally can catch up ! Wanted to bump this up in connection with Minimus's thread so newer exiting JW's can read how huge a problem child abuse is within the JW organization.

TOTALLY ADD- Interesting points you make my friend. I agree with you. WT abuse comes in all forms.I'm sorry to hear you suffered abuse as well in your childhood.

VIRGOCHIK- Isn't it disgusting how the elders minimize the criminality of JW elders or ministerial servants having sex with minor children ? And I've seen it too in the JW organization where a JW woman will stay with her husband after he's molested a minor child or molested a number of minor children. What possesses a wife to do this ? Crazy shit. WT Society has a lot to answer for, and that is an understatement. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Your question does not say as a child. I will say yes as I was in my late 20s and my girlfriend at the time did that. I didn't complain.

I'm so tired of the complaints of the two witness rule and statements such as this " I want to know, WHO in the hell molests a child in front of two people". Who does anything wrong in front of anyone. The objectives is fewest witnesses. But the two witness rule is for congregation action as support for corroboration or the testimony otherwise is a 'he said, she said' situation and thus a stalemate.

• Hecce
    Hecce

We didn't have any cases in my immediate family; plenty outside. Even after all the new instructions, intervention of the legal department and all the safeguards I have seen molesters punished by the Congregation but free as a bird with the law.

My impression is that some of the cases were not reported to the authorities, when the law hears about this situations they will send the police and a social worker on the same day to remove the minors from the place. Most of the time the offender is also removed and charged right away.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

I personally know 7 people sexually abused. 6 of them by the Catholic church (4 were alter boys, 2 were girls.) I only know 1 who was molested while a JW. It was by her older brother, and was swept under the carpet to save the family name.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You know, Rattigan...

...almost every post you make confirms that you picked the correct username.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sill Totally ADD - "...the wt.borg is not a safe place for young children..."

Looking back, I think I'd started to grasp this subconsciously after I became a dad, and that it was a factor in my WTexit.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Even for those of us who weren't abused directly...

...with an average of at least one alleged abuser per congregation, I guarantee you that all of us have at least known someone who was.

• flipper
    flipper

HECCE- You make some really good points. It's so true that child molesters might get " disciplined " in the JW congregations- but many of them as you say walk around free as a bird without being prosecuted by authorities.

And in my opinion- therein lies one of the huge problems with elders not being instructed by the WT Society to do mandatory reporting to police of child abuse cases in their congregations. Your statement, " My impression is that SOME of the cases were not reported to authorities....... " . I would change that statement to " My impression is that MOST of the cases were not reported to authorities.... . "

And THAT is a huge reason that child molesters within this JW organization keep getting away with it. They get a minimal " slap on the wrist " , lose " privileges " in the congregation if they are just " reproved " , then work their way back up to being ministerial servants or elders again ! Or if they do get dfed , I've heard of cases where a child molester is reinstated 6 months or only 1 year later back into the " loving arms " of the " brotherhood " .

So how fucked up is that ? WT Society wants to be it's own judge, jury, and executioner - and they really don't want police authorities meddling at all inside their congregations. Have we also mentioned JW's are a mind control cult ? Now we see how that's so true.

RATTIGAN - Comparing what your girlfriend did to you as an adult as compared to what children suffer being abused as children- is disrespecting the pain and horror of child abuse. I'm quite sure you didn't suffer from your girlfriend. Let's be real here.

DOCTOR WHO- I'm sorry you knew so many who were hurt and molested. I knew a lot too who were hurt. And as you said , it was most times always swept under the carpet within the JW organization and the Catholic organization. Disgusting.

VIDIOT- So true the points you make. With the huge number of pedophiles and molesters within the JW organization, we all knew someone most probably who was a serial molester. After exiting the organization I checked on the California registered sex offenders list- and out of 1,000 molesters in the town I was raised up in as a JW - I recognized 12 JW's or ex-JW's I knew on that list from my 25 years in my hometown. Sick.

I worry about my grandson constantly, knowing he's being raised in this mind control cult where it's members are told to be too trusting of " brothers & sisters " . There are unscrupulous pedophiles most probably hanging out in every congregation. Scares the hell out of me for his future. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

FLIPPER... It was the reason my mom left the Catholic church back in the early 1980's. It was a shock to her when she learned in 2004 that someone in our neighboring congregation claimed she was molested. I remember mom trying to rationalize it to me..."Everyone knows she has mental issues....He is such a good speaker, he could never do that..." Me, in the back of my mind..."He was always a perv...." The only 'good' thing I can say is the authorities were finally notified and that scum bag was eventually jailed. Interesting to note, he wasn't disfellowshipped until AFTER he was jailed.

• flipper
    flipper

DOCTOR WHO- Interesting thoughts. Isn't it insane that although the child molester in your mom's congregation was jailed- he was never dfed ? Goes to show that in the REAL world justice many times prevails but within the JW congregations justice is perverted and non existent many times. People like your mom will make excuses for JW elders because they're " good speakers " or pass it off on the abuse victim as " having mental issues " .

JW's do this type of mind shuffling ( cognizant dissonance ) because they cannot compute how child abuse could be happening in " Jehovah's loving organization " . The are so naive it's scary. I knew of many other JW's just like your mom who would not or could not admit that child abuse was rampant in congregations. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit