Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

by flipper 381 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• dinah
    dinah

When my best friend and three of her siblings went to the elders about the abuse they endured at the hands of their father, it was the elders' opinion that they were just rebellious kids who needed the discipline. They were all early to mid teens at that time.

When they all reached 18 and were gone from the organization, they turned their father in to the authorities and got the two remaining younger girls out of the home. The court actually stripped custody of the kids from this a**wipe and awarded custody to the eldest two siblings. Obviously, the courts realized there was abuse in the home. The elders told my best friend and her siblings to try and be better kids.

• flipper
    flipper

CHELLECHELLE- You are a good friend of my wife and I. We have talked. So my wife and I can attest to the hurt you are talking about in how this witness organization continues to ignore and try to bury victims testimony like you experienced and like your girlfriend experienced. It's sick and twisted that the WT society insists on trying to polish their alleged " squeeky clean image " at the expense of helping child abuse victims or ANY victims of sexual abuse .

BIG TEX- Very true what you say. The WT society is a " high control" mind control cult insistent on putting innocent children at risk by ignoring testimony from " worldly " people or minor children. The WT society only listens to what they want to hear - anything that will polish up their image to the outside media - and their duped, deceived followers. How else can we explain that 95 to 99% of Jehovah's Witnesses never even HEARD of the 16 child abuse lawsuit settlements with JW victims outside of court in 2007 ? JW's are kept under " information control" because the WT society does not want them to know what goes on behind the scenes. Really disgusting.

DINAH- I'm so glad your friend and her siblings had the courage to report their father to police authorities ! That is what needs to happen. I find it staggering to comprehend how elders can NOT go to the police and turn a blind eye and bury their heads in the frickkin sand like ostriches just for what ? To appease some old farts in Brooklyn around a conference table having a circle jerk over the entire scene ? I tell ya- I've been out of this organization for 6 years - the longer I'm out - the weirder the WT organization appears ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    How else can we explain that 95 to 99% of Jehovah's Witnesses never even HEARD of the 16 child abuse lawsuit settlements with JW victims outside of court in 2007 ?

Or if they did, they chalk it down to "it's all apostate lies!"

• flipper
    flipper

BIG TEX- Exactly. They refuse to listen to the news media claiming " apostates " are influencing the news. Then they scare their people even more claiming Satan controls the news ! So the WT society REALLY tries to keep their people under control

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The whole world really is still lying in the power of the wicked one, actually

• John Doe
    John Doe
    The whole world really is still lying in the power of the wicked one, actually

Including the big book publishing company in New York?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

there are moles and trolls still, till Armageddon.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

there are moles and trolls still, till Armageddon.

They run the WT

• donuthole
    donuthole

I know of two cases with the same predator. In the first he assaulted a young child at a congregation picnic, the second child in the Kingdom Library during a meeting. In the first case this was brought before a JC. The child predator denied it and the child was counseled as to why, if were true, why she did not cry out during the assault. Predator is returned to good standing in the Kingdom Hall. Second case is never brought to the attention of the elders because of the treatment of the first child. Predator moves to Mexico to start a congregation - he is not allowed due to the molestation charges. Moves back to this area, continues as an active member of the congregation.

It upsets me when the Witnesses claim that they are doing enough by keeping such individuals out of positions of responsibility. This man was not a servant or an elder. Yet he still had trusting access to children in the Kingdom Hall and he conducted his assaults during congregation activities, EVEN DURING A MEETING!

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

the moles and trolls don't run the WT by any means, just that some errant comments are found in WT material, and there are leaks here on JWN, which would not occur otherwise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit