Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

by flipper 381 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

Free Girl. Thanks! So sorry you were abused. Mrs. Flipper and my heart goes out to you. Once again, a power abusing molesting elder. God!!! How many are there? It would be better if these jerks came with flashing neon lights on their forehead to recognize them. Glad you got therapy, my friend. peace to you. Zagor- yeah that's the trouble, the jw's don't come identified as molesters, they are too busy covering it up. Lady Lee- prayers are with you. Justitia, The elder wasn't shocked at the other elders molestation problem? Where have I heard this before? God!! Lets bang the drum on this to get people help though.

• flipper
    flipper

Justitia- peace to you my friend, hope you've had help dealing with this.Peace Mr. Flipper

• ninja
    ninja

I was watching the panorama vid about the JW's paedophile problem yesterday......I remember when it was first aired and people at the hall saying it was all lies....I thought ..Why would a young girl go to all that trouble of telling elders and police if it was a lie?....I still stayed in dubland though

• flipper
    flipper

Very true Ninja- psychologists have always said that children 99% of the time tell the truth when coming forward about being molested. They rarely if ever are lying about it. The true liars are all the mindless clones in the congregations who aren't willing to acknowledge their "dear GB or elders" would ever do something so hideous as to molest children. Mindless saps. Peace out Mr. Flipper. Thanks, Ninja

• Frank75
    Frank75
    Still, I was a big 12 year old, she was nine. Lot's of touching and sucking involved.

Dave: It takes some guts to open up about an issue like this. Good for you.

However, I think a lot more of us would be considered child molesters if the definition you give above constitutes sexual molestation. Your being 12 and her 9 is basically 2-4 years difference. 12 is prepubescent and I would think anything that you did was more or less acting out or "playing doctor". Could have led somewhere, but not so bad in itself.

What really defines molestation is the abuse of power that comes from size and age difference. An older teenage Girl that forces her 6 year old nephew to sexual play is pedophilia.

In Canada that is how they define things. For example a 14 year old girl and a 15 or 16 YO boyfriends sexual play is looked on rather benignly however a 17 YO and a 6-9 YO would take on a whole other definition!

As sick and debased as it may sound, a 34 YO who likes to be around 14-17 YO girls is not a pedophile, he rather a Phebophilia, Hebephilia. In some cultures that is still accepted.

There is some good info on the net to define what makes a pedi!

Frank75

• flipper
    flipper

Frank 75, thanks for your post. I agree that alot of preteens have tampered with each other physically like you say, just experimenting. We've all heard of that. But I do want to add that for the most part in the United States, any adult 18 or older who has sex with a minor under 18 , it is considered statutory rape and punishable by prison. Take a look in the media the last couple years of schoolteachers male and female who have been caught having sex with their 14, 15 or 16 year old students.It's not acceptable to this society. It's an abuse of the power position they have as the students teachers. Some of these teachers vary in age from mid 20's to 50. As has been mentioned by others, alot of times it's about abuse of power, in the homelife, school, or elders in the congreagation, they take liberties with minors they have no right to. It's sick, anyway you want to slice the pie

• flipper
    flipper

Hey everybody, just wanted to use this to let you know news which is on Mrs. Flippers post, in case you missed it. KFBK talk radio 1530 in Sacramento, California on the news today is reporting that 3 child abuse victims got their financial settlement and that 7,000 others have come forward with accusations of molestation against the Witnesses. Most likely as some have written, these are the same 7,000 which have contacted Silent Lambs for assistance. The 3 victims were from Woodland, California. Keep it publicized, spread the word wherever you are. Peace, Mr. Flipper

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

From "The Courage to Heal", Part II, Spirituality, second paragraph, page 169:

"Spirituality is not an Escape"

"Certain religions and spiritual practices encourage you to avoid emotions, particularly anger. They stress forgiveness and are not likely to support you in confronting your abuser. These attitudes do not promote healing. If you are involved in a practice that denies your needs as a survivor in an active healing process, you are not helping yourself."

• flipper
    flipper

Good point Lonely Sheep. The witnesses are taught to bury their emotions in favor of the good of the appearance of the organization. No attention is given to the psychological damage that's been done to a child abuse victim. Victims have to get that healing elsewhere with counselers, psychotherapists, etc. Also Silent Lambs can be a big help for abuse victims. Thanks, Peace Mr. Flipper

• amfree
    amfree

My best friends sister was molested by an elder. Her dad worked in his restaurant. When she went to him about it later (10 years or so) he gave her money to not say anything. Sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit