Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

by flipper 381 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I just thought I would say this. I found out this past year that a guy (near my age) who went to our hall had molested his niece, and possibly several others. What really gripes me about this is he was held up as such an example, because he quit a really good job to pioneer ( a job that I would have died for). This guy was a pervert, and from what I hear he was never disfelowshipped, and it was swept under the rug. I have also heard that he is forbidden from going door to door altogether (but given the track record of the JW cult, I highly doubt that).

• Undecided
    Undecided

This is just another problem of humanity, like murder, stealing, lying, adultry and many other debased activities. It happens by people in all religions. Can it be stopped? I doubt it but maybe some can be warned and some punished. The things being uncovered in the JWs just shows they are not being directed or protected by some God's spirit, like all the other religions that have the same problems. I'm having a problem seeing a real God in any religion, just seems to be the desire of people to know someone out there who can save them from what gets us all, death.

Of course this is just another opinion of someone who doesn't know s&it about what life and the universe is about.

Ken P.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

In just one hall in Kingman Az, there were 8 (at least) out of 14 girls molested by the same handicap brother. People would send their kids to his house to "help" him. Also, my brothers friend was molested by his JW step dad in that hall.

In the other hall I went to in MA, I found out two of my friends (who were boys) were messing around with each other during their sleep overs and the instigating one also molested a young boy he used to babysit all the time for. Real nice, ehe? But at least neither of them were allowed to hang out with girls....they might have done something immoral, ya know.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I know of two.

There were friends of ours who's son was abused by the son of an elder. The parents went to the elders and were completely dismissed. They were told that the testimony of a child was unreliable. When they pressed further they were told to back off or they would face slander charges.

All of them are still faithful dubs today.

In the congregation that I grew up in, one of the elders we always joked about as being a molester apparently was. My sister in law complained that the elder tried touching her a couple times. But she was also a habitual liar so I really don't blame the elders for not acting. Otherwise he was always setting up personal studies with young girls and when going in service he would break up prearranged car groups to put all the young girls with him.

Looking back now, I would guess he had the opportunity to molest well over 15 children.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

This requires some explanation or just skip to the bottom for a tally

My mother, living with her common-law husband found out that her younest sister was being sexually abused by her father, (not my mother's father) and her three older brothers My aunt and her three brothers were all baptized JWs as was their father. They were also close to me in age. My aunt and I were in the same grade in school and she was a year older than me. Her brothers were just a bit older than her. When my mother found out about the abuse she went to court and got custody of her four youngest siblings. My mother and her common-law husband started to study with the JWs and were going to the meetings.

During all of this custody issue I was living in Toronto with my father (never a JW) who was sexually abusing me. So when I went to live with my mother my grandmother (also baptized) and her four youngest children were living with my mother.

The three uncles, all baptized, abused me and their sister. The youngest of the uncles also sexually abused one of my younger brothers. He was sent to live somewhere else.

Then my mother's CL-husband started to abuse my aunt and I. My mother found out about the abuse of her sister and the elders recommended she send her to one of her other sisters (not JWs)

Soon after she caught him abusing me. Again the elders recommended I be sent away.

What is odd here is that she went to court to gain custody of her half-siblings when she had no idea about the JWs. But once she was studying with the JWs no legal action was taken. She knew this was an option but didn't throw him out. She chose to get rid of the victims - my aunt and I.

And even odder is that when she found out one of her sons was being abused by one of her brothers she chose to get rid of the abuser.

Curiouser and curiouser.

So. . . the count is

5 different abusers. (4 baptized and 1 studying)

• my step-grandfather to my aunt - lost custody of his 4 children
    • 3 step uncles to my aunt and me including 1 who victimized one of my brothers
    • and step-father who abused my aunt and me

Add to this one elder who was sexually abusing his daughter - that was swept under the carpet so well I doubt anything was done until she was grown and out on her own - and the story came out in the media when she took him to court.

I suspect when anyone found out about it he would just up and move the family a couple of thousand miles away (UK to Montreal to out west)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oops I knew I missed one

My step-father (not baptized but studying) abused my youngest sister.

Perhaps if he had been reported my sister could have been one of the few in the family that wasn't abused

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

I knew of an elder who was abusing a teenage boy in the KH. Nothing happened to him, except he was eventually removed as elder (not for the molestation).

I knew of another father who molested his children - the nonJW aunt told me about it - she was our homeschool supervisor and she hated JWs as a result. Nothing was done about it.

We had another registered molestor in our KH. Nothing was said to us about him. He constantly tried to work with our kids in service and touching them - before I even knew his history, he made me very uncomfortable. When I found out (via poster at the Post Office), I was sanctioned for 'gossiping' by the elders.

• davegod
    davegod

Wow. This place really makes me open up. I was one of the molesters. I have never said or typed that before. I guess i should say thank you. It feels good in someway. In my own defense, it was not an adult with a kid and no actual penetration occured. Still, I was a big 12 year old, she was nine. Lot's of touching and sucking involved. This happened with two others, just not more than once as with her. Don't know why I am typing this. If some lurker's have these feeling's or are doing these things or suspect's someone of doing it, it's not worth it in anyway. The guilt I have for what became of that girl has haunted me my entire life. I don't have children out of fear of even having the thought. I have no idea how her life was effected, can't imagine it being good, she was subjected to large quanities of guilt afterward's. While i remember some of their names, i have no idea what their last names are. I wish i could send them and i'm sorry letter. I rode by the grandparent's house some years ago to say i was sorry, it was obvious they had moved. What's sad is all i can focus on while typing this is my constant use of "I", this post is about me. That child's life is not about "I", it's about him/her. Leave it that way. That religion is not healthy in any way.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Dave

Thanks for sharing what must have been scary considering the reactions you might get.

In my experience few abusers really feel guilty about hurting someone else. The fact that you do does place you in a slightly different category.

An admission of guilt from an abuser goes far into helping a victim recognize it was not their fault.

When I confronted my father with his abuse his comment was "If you think I'm going to apologize, your're crazy"

My hope for you is that those whom you hurt may read this and accept your apology.

• theMartian
    theMartian

No. Do you know of any Baptists molested? Pentecostals?...I know you know Catholics who were!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit