Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

by flipper 381 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

Due to the fact there are about 27,000 members of this religion that are known pedophiles, and the information about it is kept in a secret database file, I wonder how many lurking jw's as well as others are aware of the severity of this problem? Remember, it's 27,000 pedophiles that they know about. What about the thousands that don't get caught? While keeping names confidential, of course, it would sure be perhaps a healing for others out there to see they are not alone with this issue, and by the same token be a revealing eye opener for those jw lurkers who are sitting on the fence deciding if they still trust the organization. So if you feel free to share some experiences it will keep this issue to the forefront in people's minds, while not allowing the watctower society to bury it quickly with child abuse settlements under the carpet. Thanks, peace to you all, Mr. Flipper

• QUEEN_BITCH_JACQUELINE
    QUEEN_BITCH_JACQUELINE

I was one of the abused ones and it lasted multiple years. I was a young child and the pediphile was a MARRIED MS. Hence, why I am so bitter with the Jdubs. Back then it was the two witness rule. I want to know, WHO in the hell molests a child in front of two people

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

About 16 yrs ago when I was an elder, a mother of a 3 yr old accused her husband of molesting their own daughter. Both active JW. I remember being perplexed as to what to do. The testimony of the mother was convincing. The denial of the father was convincing. Our hands were tied because there were not 2 witnesses. She had the courage to pursue the matter legally. The court required supervised visits with the father. She kicked him out of the house. Looking back I am so happy she had the balls (pardon the Fench) to do the right thing. She turned out to be the sweetest girl on the planet and recently got married. Bottom line: no congregational was taken.

Skeptic1914

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Sadly I know far too many that have been molested - double figures I am afraid

• garybuss
    garybuss

Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

I know of several who were molested by two very active Jehovah's Witness pedophiles. I think all the victims were effectively silenced. One serial pedophile was disfellowshipped, reinstated, and promoted to ministerial servant.

• metaspy
    metaspy

Yes, I knew of a young girl (she was never baptised).
    Her dad got remarried, the sister he married was a close friend of mine.
    He was not overly active with the congregation, but he was used for sound, TMS, and demos.
    The young girl was always hanging off of me. (this is nothing unusual - I will have to explain later when I give my bio).
    However, she was always trying to get me alone with her. I avoided this to keep myself free from accusation.
    As it turned out, the dad was forcing her to have sex with him. He had said that he would kill her if she told.
    His wife walked in on them one day. The government stepped in, he went to jail, and the girl went into foster care.
    He was DF'd.
    I have always wondered if she would have told me what was going on, if I had gone off alone with her.
    I have never seen her again.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all your replies. Keep em' comin'. Jaqueline- I'm so sorry you were abused by anyone, but especially by someone in a position of authority makes it even more nauseating. I hope you got help later. Skeptic- Amazing how our parental instincts help us protect our kids. Yet, the congregation would'nt. Still a Jw exelder- I knew alot too. At least 10 victims of molestation over the years. Some were close friends who confided in me. Gary- Sad commentary, when the victims are silenced, then their molesters are rewarded with positions of oversight in the congreagations. One good reason to doubt their authority over us and anyone. Peace, Mr. Flipper.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

important topic, BTTTi

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

About 25 years ago I was a pioneer/MS in a congregation in NYC and learned of a serial pedophile in my congregation, a young man "on his way up" in the organization. When his evil deeds were exposed, the congregation judicial committee chose to do NOTHING. I learned a couple years later that this fellow married a new sister who had a couple of small children from her previous marriage. No elder warned her of what she was inviting into her life.

When Bill Bowen came forward and formed silentlambs, I had no doubt that what he said was true.

But I think it is a common mistake to claim that the WTB&TS has 27,000 pedophiles in it. It may, but we really don't know if the "secret database" is a list of individual names or a list of reported incidents. I'm inclined to think that it is a list of reported incidents, which would bring down the total name count. This is only my opinion, and when the day dawns that sees that secret database brought into the bright clear light of justice, I may find I was incorrect in my assumption.

• unique1
    unique1

I know of two. Both by family members that were JW's and neither went to jail.

It was so sad. One of the girls couldn't come to our sleep overs without a night light because of Post Traumatic Stress. She also couldn't have a pillowfight because her Grandfather had held a pillow over her face when he raped her. He was still in good standing when I found this out. I told my parents and well, it was common knowledge. I had been to this mans house. Dad had always made me stay in the car though. Now I know why.

The second happened out of state so, I just know the girl and she never elaborates on what really happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit