Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

by flipper 381 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

ABIBLE STUDENT- Good point you make. I feel that Zalkin may have opened up a Pandora's box against the WT Society in exposing a lot more child abuse cases or more information concerning the GB's involvement in child abuse cases than WT wants to come out in courts. I mean I know of at least 3 or 4 GB members over the last 30 years or so who molested children within the JW organization. If THAT came to light- do you realize how much heat would be on WT leaders ?

3RDGEN- You make a really great point- if talks are given marking teenagers who get drunk or have sex- why aren't talks given about marking pedophiles. Very good point. The fact that parents aren't even notified is unforgiveable on the lders and organizations part. They DO harbor criminals.

BALAAMSASS- Can you imagine how MUCH evidence against the WT has been destroyed regarding child abuse cases ? I don't want to guess. In an organization that is most probably run by pedophiles, it makes sense that WT leaders go easy on pedophiles. The more they expose oTHER rank & file JW pedophiles the media and jW's will see that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and some will put two and two together. WT NEEDS to be exposed and I'm going to do all I can to expose them

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Someone was molested as a high school student by our asst. overseer. This goe back a long time. She did not give graphic details. I was envious at the time of the special attention she was receiving from the brothers. He belonged in prison for a long time. When he was finally disfellowshipped, a collective gut cry of "NO," was heard from the Witnesses in the Kingdom Hall. His ever pious and snarky wife just sat there. Her face was contorted not in sadness or rage. Words can't begin to describe her look. Of course, all assembled turned around to look at her. Some general reason was given for his being disfellowshipped.

My parents always insisted that I do field service with their company. I was NEVER allowed to be alone with other Witnesses, male or female. It struck me as unfriendly at the time but I am so grafteful.

• flipper
    flipper

BAND on the RUN- It's interesting the way the Witnesses responded to this overseers DFing- a collective cry of : " no " ! It certainly shows that none of these JW's knew the REAL truth about this elders secret life- or IF they did know they are in denial and will bury the knowledge of his being a molester - and therein lies the REAL danger about child molesters within the congregations of JW's. Many times these molesters are so adept at hiding who they really are - they may come across as very charming trying to allegedly " help out " some single mother in the congregation when in actuality they are stalking the children to find their next victim to molest. I'm glad to hear that your parents always insisted that you did field service in their company. You were protected from possibly becoming a victim of a crime within your own congregation. Kudos to your parents

• flipper
    flipper

Considering the fact that WT and JW child abuse has proliferated in the media and court systems recently I thought it would be a good idea for newer board members to read these 17 pages of actual personal experiences from victims of child abuse and people who knew victims of child abuse within the Jehovah's Witness organization. After reading all 17 pages it pretty well confirms that there is a SERIOUS problem of criminal child abuse not being addressed within the Jehovah's Witness organization.

If you know of anybody or were a victim of child abuse yourself, please feel free to share your story here. Lots of empathy on this board and you are not alone. Take care everybody, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper
    By the way- here's another thread of experiences of countless people- perhaps hundreds of JW's or ex-JW's who relate here on page after page of personal child abuse they or loved ones suffered at the hands of child molesters within the Jehovah's Witness organization. Some relate experiences of people they knew, some about their own children, some about themselves. Feel free to share any of these crimes committed within the JW organization as it may further enlighten people and newer members as to WHY some of us carry vitriol towards this criminal organization called the WT Society. Access to information is everything
  • yodastar
    yodastar

far out Flipper. Do you know that really we all back then probably did not want to believe that this could happen. Oh how they slag 'Christendom's churches' for this type of abuse yet to read these pages as a newbie to this site I now believe that this was always happening. People in power abuse - especially religious ones as they are supposedly more trustworthy right?

Once upon a time when I was associated with these evildoers an elder who took a bible study in his house to go through some book, not sure if they still do that but anyways he got the big heave ho and df'd when it was discovered that he was a pedo who was abusing his stepson. Unbelievably cruel but all he got was that, no criminal charges and they all swept it under the carpet. No one really knew the truth and I stumbled on it by chance. He was allowed to just slip away....

• Nambo
    Nambo

My Swedish Niece was repeatedly raped when she was a JW by her JW father, it has been a high profile case in Sweden that went to the high court and was covered by the media.

The whole family stopped being dubs before this even came out so I dont know if it even appears as a JW abuse case.

• flipper
    flipper

YODASTAR- Good points you make. Being raised up in the JW cult from birth I didn't realize how bad the child abuse problem was inside the Jehovah's Witness organization. Not until a few years before I exited the cult did I know how bad it was when a " brother " ran up to the stage as the WT study ended and grabbed the microphone from the WT conductor elder and yelled to the 150 in the audience , " Brother so and so who is sitting over there is a CHILD MOLESTER and he has molested 7 children through many years here ! " As he pointed at this " brother " who was a child molester the elder ( WT Conductor ) grabbed the microphone from this " brother " and stated , " Brothers and sisters we know about this situation and we are handling it. " This happened in 1998.

But this " brother " who pointed out the child molester became my new hero. So after I exited the cult in 2003 and read HOW bad the child abuse problem had become I realized WHY this " brother " felt he needed to grab the microphone and point out the child molester. Because elder bodies DRAG their feet in handling it AND the elders will NEVER inform parents in the congregation who a molester is ! So the " brother " took it upon himself to inform parents. Good for him. Otherwise- how would parents know WHO to protect their children from ?

As you mentioned many elders have been accused AND guilty of child molestation within the JW cult. Many times it gets buried, swept under the carpet and police authorities are not called. It's a secret organization hiding criminal actions. Shout it out loud to everyone you meet.

NAMBO- I'm so sorry your JW niece was raped by her own father. How disgusting. I'm glad it got covered in the media and I'm glad some of that family exited the JW organization after that happened. I hope you have remained close to your niece in showing her support. She definitely needs it. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    If the 23,000 or 27,000 pedofiles on record with the WT corp is true they are going to be in some deep do do now and in the very near future. We have no idea how many of these cases they settled with gag orders out of court, and the selling and buy of real estate and robbing the congregations of all their surplus to me is an indicator things are getting very bad for the WT.
  • flipper
    flipper
    BROKEBACK WATCHTOWER- I totally agree with you. WT Society is running scared right now because they know if the courts force them to hand over the child abuse documents or pedophile database- the ballgame may be over. Especially if the federal government gets involved- which it may come to in Supreme Court in time. The more obstinate and arrogant WT leaders continue to be they are digging their own grave for the JW organization. As you state it's one of the reasons they are selling off a lot of property AND doing a financial takeover of all the kingdom halls. They are desperate because they know the jig is up, they are getting exposed as the criminal organization that they are. Peace out, mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit