Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

by flipper 381 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Tami - Forgive me for asking, but your mother never abused you? It just seems odd that a person would not molest their children, but would willingly do so to their grandchildren. In all the cases I've ever heard of, they may favor certain kids, but not just suddenly become molesters when their children have children. I am not saying it doesn't happen; I've heard of those who harm their nieces and nephews, or other people's children, but never their own. Were there any signs when you were growing up that your mother was or would become abusive in any way? It's sickening and unfathomable that she would treat you well, but not your children. :(

• flipper
    flipper

Saw that this thread had been bumped up awhile back ago. Lots of experiences here of folks who have been molested with the Jehovah's Witnesses and WT organization. Feel free to post any experiences you know of and/or how it was handled / or not by the elders within the congregation. And a big word of sincere empathy to any of you who have suffered these crimes of child abuse. WT needs to be exposed for their allowing of dangerous predators to exist within their organization. Take care, feel free to share. Sincerely, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I know of one and a congregation I served as an elder in the Mira Mesa Ca. USA congregation I heard rumors of two pedophiles in the congregation but was never informed by the body of elders . It came up in an elder meeting that they were considering one such child molester for ministerial servant an elder who practiced psychological for a living and had many JWs from come to him about these different congregations come to him for his service, his last name was Campbell I believe. This elder recommended his being appointed to MS, I rejected it on the basis of possible recurrence of offense and the subsequence of harm on JW children. I left shortly there after and know not whether he was appointed after my departure. I suppose there might be more that I know of but memory fails me.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

A brother whom I once regarded as a close friend turned out to have been molesting one of his stepdaughters from age 7 to age 12.

This only came to light some twenty-odd years later, when he was taken to court, convicted and sentenced to six years in prison. (By then I had broken with the JWs, and learned about this from a newspaper report).

The scariest thing for me was that while we were close friends, my two daughters were still only children. At least he never got his filthy paws on them !

• flipper
    flipper

With the news that in Canada a huge joint child abuse lawsuit is being brought against the WT Society- thought I'd bump this up to let newer posters how prevalent these crimes are within the Jehovah's Witness organization, thanks for any and all comments.

BROKEBACK WATCHTOWER- I'm glad you had the courage to speak out against your fellow elders trying to appoint a pedophile as a ministerial servant. Good god almighty, what were these elders thinking ? Obviously they weren't thinking. Kudos to you for standing up and doing the right thing.

BUNGI BILL- I'm glad to hear that this JW you once knew got thrown into prison for molesting children. That's where they all need to be- locked up with the key thrown away so they can't molest and harm anymore children. I'm glad that you're children didn't get harmed when they were young. This is scary shit

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

This thread is 11 years old. Let that sink in. 11 years and NOTHING has changed within the JWborg to protect children. They insist on applying their archaic 2 witness rule. I personally know of at least 10 people (children at the time) that were sexually abused by their JW cousins, brother, elders, and 5 kids by their own parents. Nothing was ever reported-just swept under the rug in order to not give Jehovah a bad name.

For any JW lurkers out there who think these are 'apostate lies', please take some time to read through these brave peoples stories of abuse and see for yourself that there truly is a problem within the org. This is why the GB tells you to only read from their approved JW websites. They fear that you will learn the truth about the truth.

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn
    Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

Yes and Yes.

Swept under the rug by elders when I was a young victim. Fast forward.......Swept under the rug (non-reporting state) by me as an elder per branch legal direction.

• LV101
    LV101

Yes - about 3 horrifying cases in the short time I was around JWs!

• flipper
    flipper

I noticed this thread had been bumped up a few days ago, wanted to respond to the good replies. Thanks for your input.

CONFUSEDANDANGRY- Thanks for your comments. The WT Society truly IS a criminal organization that destroys lives by soft pedaling child abuse and not reporting child molesters over to police immediately upon learning of the abuse. Like yourself I know of many, many victims within this JW organization who have been molested multiple times by the same molester, and the elders either did nothing, or just gave a slap on the wrist to the molester and reinstated them upon their fake " repentance " . Then the abuse cycle continues as elders keep letting these jack asses back into congregations. It's going to take a massive effort by either the federal government intervening or something big to come down on JW leaders prosecution wise to get these abuses to stop or be limited.

SOLZHENITSYN- I'm so sorry you were abused as a child and I'm sorry to hear the WT made you sweep child abuse under the rug. You weren't the only elder who was told to do that, so don't be too hard on yourself. The main thing is you know it was wrong now and now is all we have to change our lives and the lives of others.

LV 101- Yeah, I know. I knew multiple victims of child sex abuse and it just disgusts me how the WT Societies policies are so arrogant and heartless in dealing with these crimes. WT Society leaders need to be brought up on charges of aiding & abetting pedophiles and child molesters. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

flipper: I'm so sorry you were abused as a child and I'm sorry to hear the WT made you sweep child abuse under the rug. You weren't the only elder who was told to do that, so don't be too hard on yourself. The main thing is you know it was wrong now and now is all we have to change our lives and the lives of others.

Thank you for that. $140 bucks an hour for a PhD continues to help me though the being hard on myself part. I cant speak for other PIMO or POMO elders but the biggest pain is knowing what the victim went through, crying with them and their families, being in a position to truly be worth the supposed "double honor" and consciously knowing my hands were tied.

As both the chairman of abuse JC's and appeal JC's: The last few years felt like going under the knife under anesthesia but still feeling everything. Often tears shed in the KH backroom or the victims living room was pain that the protocol I was following was to save my arse vs. truly being a tender protective shepherd. My God some of the cases, emotions, sickening acts against children Ill take to my grave. To this day it affects how i trust (or lack thereof) others, esp the ones around my own children whether Im at the kingdom hall, town hall, or in a vauxhall. Completely life changing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit