Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

by flipper 381 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

340 replies!

After sharing the ABC story about Candice with a number of inactive JWs THREE ex Jw sisters have contacted me and shared personal experiences about TWO Silicon Valley ELDERS who molested FOUR young pre-puberty JW children. Two of the children reported the abuse, but the children and parents were ordered to NOT contact police and drop the issue by the Elders (who still serve).

There seems to be no bottom to this cesspool Flipper.

• flipper
    flipper
    BALAAMSASS- Thanks for sharing those experiences. I agree with you- I think there is NO end to this cesspool of child abuse happening within the JW organization. Why does it not surprise me that these two elders are still serving as elders after the child abuse charges were ordered to be dropped? If we counted worldwide how many elders are STILL serving as elders who committed child abuse at one time- I bet the figure would be in the hundreds or thousands . It needs to stop for sure
  • whathappened
    whathappened
    My very own uncle, while serving as an elder in my congregation, tried to rape a young 16 year old female close family member. The girl's mother took him before the elders where he said he was sorry...and that was it. He remained an elder until he died some 30 years later. His wife had no trouble believing this young woman's story and was told not to talk about it. None of us ever mentioned it at all. It was swept under the rug.
  • flipper
    flipper
    WHATHAPPENED- Wow. What a sad experience. It's incredible how people like your uncle get away with this stuff inside the JW organization. I've probably heard hundreds of these stories now - and WT Society wonders why they have a child abuse problem ? Jesus. So many of these child abuses have been swept under the rug. One reason I feel it's good to get the word out to the public about it
  • zeb
    zeb

Please consider

This person.. Reniia ; such 'people' thrive on publicity. Ignore them it removes their perceived power. She managed to railroad this matter quite successfully.

The lead question was; Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah witness?

Yes, my children .

The detective informed us that each name the police are given is leading to more and more names.

and your life will never be the same when you have learned such news.

• flipper
    flipper
    ZEB- I'm terribly sorry to hear that your children were molested. Like you stated - these child molesters don't quit. They have a long track record of abusing many times multiple numbers of children who have been criminally assaulted. I've heard that even one pedophile can molest over 100 children or more through the years. That 's what makes them so dangerous and why this danger NEEDS to be emphasized. I'm sure it was terrifying for you to discover all the names of other victims this perpetrator had abused as well as your own children. Made your blood run cold. People need to become proactive and inform the public of how much this is happening so other potential victims can be protected. I'm sorry for your children's pain and your pain my friend. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • Tami
    Tami

My mother, who had converted to jw later in life, got a hold of my beautiful 3 year daughter and sexually molested her using a doll.. During an Oprah Winfrey Dr Phil episode in 1994, after the summer convention, both my girls (6, 8) came into the kitchen, sat on the counter swinging their legs and disclosed...

I was shocked! I grabbed my darling Kelsey in my arms and brought her to the living room where she gave me more details. I never left her alone with my mom ever again. The elder in my hall gave me zero support even though my mom was in a congregation in O.K. Falls , British Columbia. I was ostracized by my whole family.

I was devastated. Shocked. I have never recovered. Kelsey wants nothing to do with the 'Truth' yet her older sister and bro go.. my son is a ministerial servant in Surrey BC. This issue is HOT. We are on the HOT seat in Britain as I write this... I need to see some honour given to our women and children who have the courage and the guts to stand up to men who put us down... no can do... no way Jose... for me , the 'buck stops here!' Even worse... the mention of Rape? Apparently it doesn't happen in our organization... Really? Why didn't I come forward? I was made to understand that I wouldn't survive.... if I told any one . I was AFRAID! I finally went to the R.C.M.P. in Manitoba this year... the investigation here in Canada is unfolding. The elders call me a liar. That it never happened. REALLY?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome to the forum Tami so sorry this happened to your Daughter and what you experienced. The response from Elders and other JW's is to deny its a reality in the organization.

This was an old tread (2 years ago) so you might not get too many responses. Feel free to put you experience in the new topic section (click on new topic at top of page).

Not sure if you realize that the Australian Royal Commission held hearings on this problem.

Here's what they had to say: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/dec/01/jehovahs-witnesses-fostered-distrust-of-secular-authority-royal-commission-counsel

There is no one on this forum that has any respect for the JW handling of child abuse.

• freddo
    freddo

Hi Tami, I'm sorry to hear your awful story. As an ex-elder in the UK who heard of a few cases of child abuse in my vicinity it was men or older teenage boys who committed abuse. As more and more news articles of JW abuse have come to the fore I have heard of rarer cases where women were abusers too.

To have your own mother abuse your own children is probably among the sickest of the sick as far as paedophilia can go - my heart goes out to you.

You have true friends here. Please stay.

• flipper
    flipper

TAMI- My heart truly goes out to you for what your daughters suffered. It's disgusting how criminal and insensitive WT leaders are and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree because they train JW elders to be just as criminal and insensitive. I do hope you get justice in Manitoba as the investigation unfolds. I wish you and your daughters the best and please be aware of our care and support and friendship to you. Hang in there, sincerely, mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit