Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

by flipper 381 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This thread obviously took a turn yesterday, but in the overall context of it, I think there are two types of damage that this very thread demonstates.

There is the unbelieveable damage that the pedophile does to the victim. That has been well attested to.

In the context of Jehovah's Witnesses, the other damage done is how the structure and teachings that the Governing Body puts into place affects how victims are viewed and treated by Jehovah's Witnesses.

Reinaa, as much as her comments were in extremely poor taste, is merely doing what a good dub would do. The organization must be defended at all costs. The legitimacy of the crimes be damned.

I KNOW that the rank and file are split on this. You have the loyalists that don't want to acknowledge the facts. I know there are many others who did watch that Dateline episode, who have been on Silent Lambs (silently, on the lam) and who know that how the pedophile issue is handled, and how victims are being treated is just wrong, regardless of how they feel about other JW dogma.

I don't want to get too much into specifics about where I come from, (just in case some who are lurking and who know me are protected) but in my old circuit, MANY flat out said things like "What the heck are we doing??" Parents esp hear about pedophiles, and at that point, they don't care too much about the almighty "Jehovah" or the GB when they are holding their precious child in their arms.

For my part, I know Reinaa often claims that we ugly "apostates" are nothing but hateful disturbers of the peace. She claims to be here for other lurkers in the hopes of reminding them that we apostates are exactly as the GB says we are.

I would counterpoint, and address all lurkers reading this, by putting it very clearly: When you witness former JW's get angry, why in the world would you credit that to demon possessed people who have nothing better to do then talk about the Governing Body? While you lurking JW's are told to go door to door to raise questions and doubts about every other people's religion, (and even to use the pedophile issue as a talking point at the door... amazing) you are at the same time unable to questioin your own faith as you learn and see more about it. And that includes how JW's handle pedophiles and their victims.

You lukers know very well that all is not right with JW's. I for one credit you with much more intelligence then to think that a rabid JW apologist can hold sway over your mind and heart. And I want all lukers to know that many/most leave for reasons of conscience, for the simple fact that they have been lied to. Count me among those.

Unlike the GB or apologists like Reinaa, I trust you to your thoughts and feelings. If the truth is truly most important to you, then no one, no one, should restrict you from it.

Don't move along! There is plenty to see and learn here.

• Simon
    Simon

I guess the point I didn't make too well is "should damaging the WTS at the expense of abuse-victims well being" be condoned at all? Should anything other than their best interests be a consideration? Yes, we need to stop future abuse which I believe we can do without using their misfortune.

There are good and proper ways to accomplish things (just look at all the work Barbara Anderson has done) and ... well, not so good ways to do things.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Flipper..

You miss Simons point Bud..

There is nothing wrong in exposing the Victimisation of people by the WBT$..It will cause the WBT$ damage by it`s own nature..

When you use those victims in an attempt to further your own War on the WBT$..That becomes a selfish motive..

Your no longer have the Victims best interests in Mind..

The victims become a means to an end,for your own agenda..

....................OUTLAW

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

is it more important that victims are cared for or that their victimisation is exposed in order to damage the WTS?

Simon sir. This is not a fair question to ask imo."In order to" changes everything. It IS important to have compassion for the victims and have have their victimization exposed. It is not "in order" to damage the WTS(at least not for everyone) but there is damage caused when the WTS makes this process easier on themselves, and NOT the victim.

Edit: sorry..you addressed this while I was typing.

• DJK
    DJK

• caliber
    caliber
    I guess the point I didn't make too well is "should damaging the WTS at the expense of abuse-victims well being" be condoned at all?

You point is made and well noted...no one should use abuse victims as "spring boards " to an agenda ! thank you Simon

• flipper
    flipper

SIMON- I see the point you were making. Gotcha . I agree. It would be a terrible thing to use the child abuse victims plight to further ones own agenda. I completely concur.

OUTLAW- I see what Simon was saying. I agree personal agendas would be harmful to just get a poke at the WT society at the expense of child abuse victims. Gotcha # 2

• DJK
    DJK

My edit button doesn't work.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    My edit button doesn't work.

My Belly Button does`nt work..

Whats it supposed to do?..

..............LOL!!...OUTLAW

• DJK
    DJK

LOL Outlaw. This is what it is not supposed to do.

Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

Controller: Post
    Action: Edit
    Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit