Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

by flipper 381 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JRK
    JRK

Classic Tori!

JK

• JRK
    JRK

Me and others, I know the pain.

JK

• flipper
    flipper

EXJW 1978- Thanks for the link to your facebook site. Everybody needs to be proactive in fighting child abuse.

LIL PRINCESS- Nothing wrong with tampering with yourself. That's not molestation. That is normal and healthy. Hopefully nobody abused you as a young person. I feel for people who that happened to.

JRK- I know you suffered my brother. Just remember you have close friends that love you lots. Me and my wife are two of those

• flipper
    flipper

Since we have a recent poster who started a thread indicating the WT Society is allegedly being more responsible in reporting child abuse to authorities , I thought I'd bump up one of my threads up giving experiences indicating that the opposite is true. Access to information, life experiences is everything - not just the words of someone making apologies for a criminal organization. Any experiences you wish to share about the irresponsibility of the WT organization, elders, or it's representatives regarding child abuse would be welcome here to put some real into some people's reality. Thanks

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Fortunately, I was not. Yet, as I reconnect with many from my childhood who have faded, I'm appalled at how many have been abused within the JW community. Not a one received counseling, nor did their parents report the abuse. Often one person in the hall managed to abuse quite a few, sometimes an entire set of siblings. It's good to keep this topic showing up frequently. The more it's in the limelight the more witnesses will have to confront their own feelings on the matter. I stopped witnessing after I learned about the Conti case and other cases, as I was no longer proud to be associated with the JW 2-witness rule and protection of pedofiles instead of children.

• stillin
    stillin

Bump

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I knew of a young sister that tried to get her parents and the elders to believe her that an elder in her cong. was molesting her. No one would believe her, it was never reported to the authorities because the parents were told that Jehovah woulod take care of it. The sister left the organization and was later DF'd for committing fornication and getting pregnant. Nothing was ever done and that elder went on in that cong. probably molesting more kids.

Very sad, she was nice and just wanted to see some justice

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I know of one who abused 9 kids including his own and two of bis sons became abusers too. All three did time, 2 dfd and one never baptized.

A friend's Jw dad molested his 5 daughters. Father went to jail.

I know a Jw in America who was molested as a kid and her son was molested by his Jw step dad. elders didn't believe and step dad is in good standing and she is not for sticking up for her son.

In my old cong, a Jw who was my friend until recently when she had a wobbly and shunned me, one of her kids got abused. It was 'dealt with' in the congregation and Jw mum didn't go to police.

Police officer I've known for 20 years told me about another case in my town a few years ago.

A Jw in late 20s formed attachment to a 13 to girl after her father left he family n would cuddle her a lot while having her round to watch tv. I think more must have happened for how her mum turned on him. He's now married, Pioneer n ms.

My flatmate's ex boyfriend now dfd was molested by a 'brother'. Don't know outcomes but years later he ran into him at a dc and bro said, "hi! Remember me?"

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to respond to peoples replies from a few days ago after bumping this up. Thanks for the replies.

GYPSY SAM- Like yourself I was fortunate not to be molested as a child myself. But also, like yourself- I was shocked after I stopped attending meetings to find out how many young JW children HAD been molested without parents, elders, or other responsible adults reporting it to police. The WT Society child abuse policies are horrid and made to protect the WT Society financial assets, not children.

STILLIN- Thanks for the bump.

NEWLY ENLIGHTENED- How sad your experience of that young sister getting molested by an elder- yet nobody believed her. Unfortunately this young lady's experience is not the only one. It's VERY common that hundreds if not thousands of JW children's molestations have gone neglected, unreported, or reports of the molestations buried in back room files marked " confidential " by elders instructed to keep these cases confidential by the WT Society. It's high time that mANY of these abuses be exposed to the media so the real world can see the Jehovah's Witnesses are a raging " pedophile paradise ". It's sick.

JULIA ORWELL- Wow. Sounds like you heard about a lot of child abuse cases in the organization. You aren't alone. Thousands of people have heard of JW children getting molested and like you stated, many times the offenders get off scot free because nobody turns them into the police. It's disgusting. Hopefully more child abuse cases will get exposed within the Jehovah's Witness organization and the real world will find out and bring more accountability to WT leaders. We can only hope. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I heard about these cases but the biggest one, the one who did 9, was after I left and the others have been hush-hush. I've not known them personally, except they've been friends who've told me about it eg that ex-elder pedo who went to prison. I knew something was up with him and my instincts always told me he was a creep but I didn't know why, except he had cheated on his wife with another woman. She was dying in a hospital from an accident (would have lived if she took blood) and he was off messin' with this married sister.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit