Has anyone ever played with a ouija board?

by delilah 219 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warlock
    Warlock

WOW!!! I didn't realize I'd be opening up a can of worms with this subject.

Great topic, D.

7 pages and it may not be over yet.

Warlock

• delilah
    delilah

"Something", hahahaha, tells me you may be right, Warlock....

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Here's a site that discusses the history of the Ouija Board. No, it's origins are not cloaked in mystery:

http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/history.html

The board I have is one of the modern Parker Brothers products, bought new. I need to find a demon-possessed original Fuld Ouija Board. THEN I'll bet things* start happening!

*For suggestions about what sorts of "things" might happen, read http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/history.html.

Sweet dreams!

• delilah
    delilah

Interesting link, Nathan. Thanx. I'll look more closely at it tomorrow, when I have more time.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I've never played with a ouija board.

I have heard stories of persons who did not properly say goodbye to the spirit while playing this game and nasty things started to happen.

I believe in the demons.

Many of you here are atheist/agnostic - talk of demons sounds like mythology and superstition.

Whatever name you give them, they are beings who exist on a higher plane than us. Their powers are limited according to the Bible,

but I think that only covers materialization/dematerializtion.

I don't believe in spirits of the dead. The dead really are conscious of nothing. If there was an afterlike, the evidence would be so overwhelming we'd all be convinced that's where we'll be going when we die.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Here's a site that discusses the history of the Ouija Board. No, it's origins are not cloaked in mystery:

http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/history.html

That's an important point... the ouija board wasn't invented 3000 years ago by an African shaman. It was invented a little over 100 years ago by an American bussinessman as a novelty toy.

Just FYI for anyone who's interested, I tried the ouija board last night alone in the dark... nothing happened. Probably because I didn't expect anything to happen, and therefore didn't cause anything to happen.

Lore

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I just realized why Ouijas work sometimes, amd sometimes not.

It depends on the demons in your locale.

Some are slackers, hence nothing.

Some are real go-getters, hence weird stuff happens.

Those crazy demons.

I guess they're not so different from us at all.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

THERE IS NO WAY ANYONE MOVED THAT GLASS!!!

Don't take this the wrong way, but as a skeptic I'm... skeptical.

Glasses have a tendency to move on their own, ESPECIALLY when flipped upside down. Basically the remaining liquid in the glass forms a seal around the base, the air in the glass of course is cold because you just had a cool beverage in it, then as the air heats up it expands and lifts the glass, the glass is practically floating on the ring of water and can go pretty far. (Sometimes all the way to the end of the table, untill it goes partly over the edge and the air escapes.)

We freeze our mugs so this happens ALL the time in my house... Try it, freeze a mug, fill it with water then dump the water out, set it upside down on a smooth table, and odds are it'll probably float on its own. It could take a while for the air inside to heat up and expand. (Oh come on, go ahead and try it, I tried the fartin' ouija board! At least you don't have download and print out a glass, and then disobey your parents to do THIS one. )

If you were already playing with a ouija board and had yourself worked up into a scare this would obviously make an impact. Especially if you've never witnessed this phenomenon before. But it's easily recreated.

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2000-03/952562476.Ph.r.html <- more on that.

Lore

Edited to add: Scratch that, it's acctually better if the glass is right side up, assuming it has an air pocket in the bottom, but it can work either way. Add to this the fact that ouija boards are intentionaly super-slick...

• wednesday
    wednesday

OK, b/c of of the link several pages back, I have wasted over 3 hours laughing my arse off. hehe

he said next time a ghost makes a noise, say"is that the best you can do" lol too funny

logical critical, i believe. Funny stuff.

he has one on home schooling too.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

OK, b/c of of the link several pages back, I have wasted over 3 hours laughing my arse off. hehe

he said next time a ghost makes a noise, say"is that the best you can do" lol too funny

logical critical, i believe. Funny stuff.

he has one on home schooling too.

Oh he's hilarious... you have GOT to listen to his one on fairy tales... I literally burst out laughing at McDonalds when I was listening to it. People were staring at me.http://www.logicallycritical.net/podcast/08%20Once,%20Twice,%20Thrice%20Upon%20a%20Time.mp3 Lore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit