Has anyone ever played with a ouija board?

by delilah 219 Replies latest jw experiences

• gumby
    gumby

Leolaia, you just got my heart going in posting those links. I checked one out and actually got ascared Will you come over and hold my wang.....I mean my hand?

Gumbelzebub

• eclipse
    eclipse
    A person who already believes in God is targeted by the Ouija board (demons) in order to skewer their beliefs in God/religion. If someone is an atheist, then the demons have nothing further to do, they can move on to other people. - Junction-Guy

If anything, a demonic (good or bad) experience would reinforce the idea of ''god'' to a believer of god....not make them alter their beliefs, or disbelieve.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I've never seen one work. And I've definately never seen one move while nobody touched it... How strong does an argument have to be to debunk something that has no evidence?

It needs to be a bit stronger than "I haven't seen it, so it can't be true".

Honestly, I am supposed to take the word of somebody who has never used it and who's arguments show a shocking lack of understanding of the basics of it?

I don't mind debating, but you need to research both sides so you don't make embarassing statements like the one above.

Why doesn't the needle move when nobody touches it? There's a very simple reason for that. You'll find it within a couple minutes of searching. Then you can argue THAT point.

Also, make up all your arguments against a ouija board, then apply them to a divining pendulum. See if they still hold up.

Things don't need to be all or nothing. My intent isn't to make you believe in an afterlife. Even after all I've researched I still don't believe in one. But science doesn't have the answer for everything. If you put blind faith in science and believe anything someone with a PHD says, you are no better off than a witness that follows the governing body blindly.

If science debunks ouija boards as psychological phenomena, then I am prepared to accept that. If you are not willing to accept any answer that doesn't fit your preformed criteria, then you are not being objective.

But please do some more research. At very least, the better you understand why your debating opponents feel the way they do, then you are able to make stronger arguments.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Now let me get this straight:

If you're a member of the true religion (ie baptist), then the board will work for you so that it can get your trust and steer you to falsehood.

If you're an atheist, the board won't work, because you're already in falsehood, so the job is already done.

So, if you're a muslim or some other religion, the board should work, right?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

gumby....Can't you just feel those deemunz coming right through the computer? ;)

• Sirona
    Sirona

Interesting thread!

As many of you know, I believe that spirits of the dead exist and can interact with us.

I also believe that some divination tools actually work.

I see ouija as another form of divination in some respects. It *is* to do with our subconscious yet I think we can also open communications - sometimes. I think this is why there are issues when someone is blindfolded. Just like using a Crystal Ball, it wouldn't do to be blindfolded LOL, but that doesn't mean that one cannot get good insights from a Crystal Ball. See my point?

Those who have a problem with them should learn how to protect oneself spiritually before using the ouija board.

Gary and I have recently joined a paranormal investigation group and surprisingly enough tomorrow night is all about Ouija boards.

Sirona

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes, when I was about 14, I asked it how old I would be when I got married and who i was going to marry, it told me, my future wife's name and my age when I would marry, it was correct on both counts.

• gumby
    gumby
    Well, I'll just say that there are a lot of people that claim to have had experiences with the occult and/or the paranormal.

I'm going to be doing a thread about how all this crap can be explained....the paranormal, miracles, supposed demonic power...and all other weird crap.

Leolaia, actually, I real;ly did feel a demon come through my computor....and it whispered in my ear....."I'm gonna get that Leolaia". I haven't a clue what the hell that meant.

Ga-humby

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I'm going to be doing a thread about how all this crap can be explained....the paranormal, miracles, supposed demonic power...and all other weird crap.

Please spare us.

Warlock

• gumby
    gumby

Bite me Warlock. It's gonna be the biggest news around and I'll be like the most popular guy in the whole wide world.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit