Has anyone ever played with a ouija board?

by delilah 219 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warlock
    Warlock
    id very much like to play with one.. i think it is mostly us speaking to our subconscious, we are hearing what we want to hear... feeling what we want to feel... but i would like to see what my subconscious has to say!!! i can understand how it would give you the heebie jeebies

Forget the subconscious stuff. You will be too busy accusing the other person of moving the pointer, while they are accusing you of the same thing.

Warlock

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My Mom and my aunt - though both Jw's at the time - let curiousity get the best of them. They bought one and played it from time to time. Every time they did, mu mom was a wreck for a few days. She said once they asked it to spell God's name. She said it spelled all sorts of things - even SATAN. They kept pressing and it eventually started to spell JEHOV.... then the pointer through itself off the table. They got so freightened that they got a hammer and broke the thing to pieces. The next day they glued it back together and it still worked.

They left it at my aunts house for a long time. They put it up in the cupboard in the kitchen and for months my aunts family had many unexplained things going on in the house. The one that I recall was the time my cousin [at 4 years old] got out of bed to get a drink and go to the bathroom. He said [and as far as I know still swears to this day] that he got a cup, and when he placed it under the faucet the water came on by itself and shut itself off. Then at the john, after he peed, the stool flushed itself. He ran terrified into his parents room and related the entire matter to them.

By this point everyone was terrified of the board. Mom took it out back and tried to burn it. It would not burn and so she threw it in the trashcan.

I never touched one myself. But I think there is something that does not meet the eye.

Jeff

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

My mother used to use them alot before she joined the Witnesses.

According to her, it would always point to the letter "U" first.

As in, AOL speak.... "U will get hungry".

This used to frustrate her, and she'd try to prevent it from doing it, but felt powerless to stop it from moving.

They don't like skeptics though. My father entered the room once and the needle "dropped". It wouldn't work with him in the room at all.

According to my mother, it predicted the birth and sex of my oldest brother correctly. Once she became a witness, she viewed the Ouija board as demonic but continues to be "plagued" by demons to this day.

People's accounts seem to vary. My mother usually talked to the same spirit each time as a teenager, she described it as a kind helpful spirit. I don't remember at what point, but she said the experience turned bad. The "spirit" was very foul mouthed and abusive. It seems to be a crap shoot for what gets "summoned".

Personally I would never use one. Just way too creepy.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

they don't like skeptics though?

sounds like the w.t.s. maybe they are the ones making it move. lol

my wife got one out of curiosity. it didn't do anything but cost me about 12 bucks.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Thanks for this topic Delilah. I have one going on hypnosis and mostly all the people that have replied think it's nonsense to beleive that it is in any way related to demons.

I've never played with a ouija board. I do beleive in demons. Yeah, I think sometimes people move the pointer. Just like there are psychics out there that are phonies. But that doesn't mean we should dismiss it all as nonsense.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    Warlock: Me and my cousins used to play with that all the time when we were teenagers.

I believe WARLOCK was released from a OUIJA board and can't return to the underworld.

• Mary
    Mary
    The best thing I can say to anyone thinking about "playing around" with one....is NOT TO! The ones on the "other end" are not playing. I know I'll hear how stupid I sound and get the pooh-pooh routine....but they are nothing to mess with.

That's my feeling to a T. My mom used to play with one when she was a kid before my maternal grandma became a Witness. It worked for her fine. My paternal grandmother used to have one too, but like I told Dee earlier, that old bag probably scared the spirits worse than they scared her.

For whatever reason, the ouija board seems to work...I didn't think it would, because of my JW background.

Uh, ya......my sister said the exact same thing. Effen I catch you playing with that stuff again, I'm phoning in a Shepherding Call for you.

• Xena
    Xena

They freak me out. Dunno just don't like em. And I'm ok with being irrational about it.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Warlock: Me and my cousins used to play with that all the time when we were teenagers.

I believe WARLOCK was released from a OUIJA board and can't return to the underworld.

LMAO!

• eclipse
    eclipse

I have never played...but wow, I AM SO CURIOUS TO try it now...

bluesbreaker59, I wonder if the ''demons'' are scared of you..LOL....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit