Has anyone ever played with a ouija board?

by delilah 219 Replies latest jw experiences

• delilah
    delilah

This past weekend, we met a new couple in our campground, and the conversation soon came 'round to the supernatural. The lady said she has had quite a few supernatural experiences, and that she plays her own home-made version of the ouija board. My husband was all excited and begged her to play . The next thing I know, she has made out the letters and numbers, lit a candle, and had a drinking glass to use on her table.

Needless to say, I was very nervous, and almost bowed out. But I was curious, so I stayed and joined in. After a few seconds, the lady summoned "something", and I could feel this energy inside the glass....the candle was flickering, and went low....she asked if the spirit wanted to speak with us. The glas went to the letters, "N", and "O". then it wouldn't move again.

The lady's husband was not impressed, and he wanted out of the corner he was sitting in, as he did not believe....so, he went outside and we resumed.

The glass moved a few minutes later, gliding right towards me, and went to random letters, that made no sense, until it was asked if it was a child. It spelled, "YES", then we asked if it was a girl, and again, it spelled, "YES"....at that moment, the lady's cat jumped up on the table, brushing my arm, and I jumped ....and, well,

that was the end....Don't think I'll play that again. I know that glass moved of it's own free will....I felt the energy from it, go up my arms....it was really wierd.

How about you? Got any experiences in this area?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Yes. We used to have one.

The best thing I can say to anyone thinking about "playing around" with one....is NOT TO! The ones on the "other end" are not playing. I know I'll hear how stupid I sound and get the pooh-pooh routine....but they are nothing to mess with.

Annie

• Warlock
    Warlock

Me and my cousins used to play with that all the time when we were teenagers.

It would move real slow during the day, but as night came, and it got later, the pointer would faster and faster. I do remember that it named one of my cousins first wife, before he even knew anyone with that name.

Another one of my cousins was born on Halloween. One time, as a joke, he picked it up, put it on his lap, asked a question and the pointer started to move. He screamed and jumped up off the couch and refused to use it ever again. He will not use it to this day, nor will he let his kids buy one, or use one. He is not a JW.

Warlock

• delilah
    delilah
    The ones on the "other end" are not playing.

Sunspot, I have heard this before. I asked this woman if she had any "bad" experiences, and she said, "So far, so good. I don't know what I'd do if I ever got a violent or evil spirit." Although she did say that once the glass was flung across the table and smashed towards her uncle.

For whatever reason, the ouija board seems to work...I didn't think it would, because of my JW background. But it worked alright!!

It would move real slow during the day, but as night came, and it got later, the pointer would faster and faster.

Really???? That's interesting....................* note to self....NEVER play it at night* We played it around dusk....

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Some users believe that paranormal or supernatural forces are at work in spelling out Ouija board answers. Skeptics believe that those using the board either consciously or unconsciously move the pointer to what is selected. To prove this, simply try it blindfolded for some time, having an innocent bystander take notes on what words or letters are selected. Usually, the results will be unintelligible.

http://skepdic.com/ouija.html

Has anyone tried this?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I once picked up the play piece and asked it the question 'does this game suck?'. I then pointed it on the 'yes' spot on the board.

My friend was totally freaked out! He thought the demons where going to get us that night. What rubbish.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

The things never worked when I was around... Don't know what that means... Friends at school would play it, and then I'd come around, and they'd swear it wouldn't move anymore, then I'd leave and they'd tell me it was working again. Then years later I sat down with some friends, and I asked it all kinds of questions and it never "moved on its own"

I don't believe that game, anymore than I believe that the end is coming tomorrow.

• delilah
    delilah
    I once picked up the play piece and asked it the question 'does this game suck?'. I then pointed it on the 'yes' spot on the board.

We did this in grade school too.

Interesting read, Mysterious. Thanx for the link.

Bluesbreaker59....there are a lot of people who don't believe. That's ok. I appreciate your input.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

id very much like to play with one.. i think it is mostly us speaking to our subconscious, we are hearing what we want to hear... feeling what we want to feel... but i would like to see what my subconscious has to say!!! i can understand how it would give you the heebie jeebies

the infamous one

• delilah
    delilah
    but i would like to see what my subconscious has to say!!! i can understand how it would give you the heebie jeebies

Your far braver than me, Infamousone...I don't wanna know what MY subconscious has to say....hahahahahaha...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit