This board is not for me.

by Wafe 142 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Top Hat,

What HS really means is: research and think the way he does! He hopes! he hopes

If you think yourself well versed in these matters, as your post pre-supposes, perhaps you might help out Wafe and provide the evidence required which proves that the character David as outlined in the the OT was a literal and not mythological creation.

We wait with baited breath while you insert the single AA battery in that thing that passes for a brain hidden away in your Top Hat. Your inability to prove your post will underline the fact that you are just another JWD dolt who should have their keyboards licensed before use.

HS

• PEC
    PEC

Please PROVE to me that we are just born to die.

Show me one person that has not or will not die. We all will die someday , if we believe or not .

Philip

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I did not understand that people were going to come here and bash God, his Son and the Bible. I could understand some embitterment over religion but some of you people are down right insulting.

If God is so powerful, I am sure he can wave his magic wand and do away with these "insulting" people. Bit like Muslims really - if nothing can happen unless it is the will of Allah, then the fact that the west is so far advanced comapered to the Arab world in many filedss then this must be the will of Allah.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Oh, by the way a piece of advice - If you bang your head against a brick wall, it is not the brick wall that gets hurt.

• agapa37
    agapa37

wafe

You are not the only one who is treated that way. I too have found that most here are no better than the witness and even worse. Some here bash the JWS for there teachings and do the very same thing here! I think hatred and biterness has taken over many. I think the best source of encouragement for you is to pray and read the bible. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Agape

• agapa37
    agapa37

In my 12,000 posts on here, I never did bash God, or Jesus or the bible.

As for the Watchtower, I call it the way I see it

Please JH, you mock God and Jesus by posting topics that get people going. Would you have followed Jesus?

Would you JH?

Of course ! I would have let Jesus take the first door.

I have been here and have seen you operate and you have proved to be a people pleaser rather than a God pleaser! You make fun of and joke about Jesus and God so that people will except you here and I think that is lame!

• SilverNyte
    SilverNyte
    However what I have found is that some people here are not interested in finding the answers, they just hate God, pure and simple and need to be vocal about it. Now that is thier business and they are allowed to do so.

Brother,

Yes, we are allowed. That's the beauty of freedom!

Maybe you're just not used to it yet.

Don't let what others say or do affect you so much.

You need to put your ego aside and drop your agenda.

I personally am not interested in converting to your point of view, nor am I interesting in converting you to mine.

S

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

Wafe,

I know you have heard this several times before, there is really alot of different people on here. Take me for instance I was never a JW but married one right after he got out. And he has been out for over 13 years now. Granted we are seperated, but that is a whole other thread. I have believed in the Great I AM since the day I was born. My fondest memories are going to church on Sunday mornings when I was able. So you see just because some people don't agree with your thought process, it will be okay. Cause no matter what we all are God's creature's one way or another. And by the way WELCOME TO THE BOARD! KICK OFF YOUR SHOES AND MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME!

amanda

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Don't let what others say or do affect you so much.

You need to put your ego aside and drop your agenda.

I personally am not interested in converting to your point of view, nor am I interesting in converting you to mine.

I agree. If you're gonna leave, then just stop posting. No need to be an attention whore.

• trevor
    trevor

Wafe

You are looking to book to give you your life back.

The Bible is beyond question a carefully selected collection of ancient writings spanning thousands of years and compiled to form what has been named the Bible. Whether we choose to look at this book for answers or look for answers in Darwin's writings is a matter of choice.

You refer to characters in the Bible, and the stories about them, as thought they were absolute facts. You criticise evolution while telling us that we should not criticize your belief system.

You have to understand what I have lost. I no longer have any friends. I am currently not dating. I have not social life whatsoever and all of this is because I stood up for my belief that the Witnesses did not follow the Bible the way that they should. The Bible is all I have left and the last thing I need to hear are people that are constantly trying to destroy that faith by saying things are meant to damage it.

You have explained, as quoted above, what the real problem is. You are, understandably, looking for comfort and certainty. Perhaps you are not yet ready for debate and further change. There are light hearted and secular based threads that you can share in. But if you exercise your right to debate with and lecture others you will be treated in an adult way. It is your choice but as the saying goes,' If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

I hope you find what you are looking for and manage to put your life back together. There are many here who have shared a similar experience to you and can help you to come to terms with what has happened.

trevor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit