This board is not for me.

by Wafe 142 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The Bible is a book of questions, not of answers, a true enigma. It can be like the hand pointing at the moon, but is not the moon.

If we don't like the challenges that a forum such as this provides in human interaction, then we are similarly unlikely to enjoy the challenges that the ancient text provides. I would warrant that most cannot abide one or the other of these challenges. Ironically that is exactly why this Board is for those people. Life is about challenges and growth, something that was stymied in the WTS.

It requires broad shoulders and a thick skin, but these grow with time. The question remains as to whether or not we shall allow them to grow, or allow ourselves defeat at the first hurdle...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Now, to completely hijack the thread....

HILLARY-STEP, I am deeply, deeply disappointed. You, of all people....it's bated breath, rather than baited. Baited brings to mind rotted fish, a lure. Baited breath does not bring forth a sweet analogy. Abated, on the other hand, brings to mind a hush before the gust. You are well known for your gusty oration, which I anticipate with barely contained excitement. Gust on, dear man, but keep the fish-breath at home.

• Celia
    Celia

I have grown weary of hearing the same complaints about the Bible over and over again that not only have an answer but are really simple to find if one wants to bother to look. However what I have found is that some people here are not interested in finding the answers, they just hate God, pure and simpleand need to be vocal about it. Now that is thier business and they are allowed to do so. I have no right to tell them otherwise. I guess I just get a little tired of hearing the same complaints over and over again. At this point I need time away from the fights and intelliectual attacks on something I care about so much.

I don't hate God. You just can't hate something that doesn't exist.

I hate what men have done and still do in the name of that inexistent God !

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I'll admit in post and topics, I have said things that could be considered sacriledge. Those are my opinons and thoughts as I currently interpret things. The problem stems from 2 things. One is the re-enforcement of the WT teaching that all apostates or people who leave the borg are angry and bitter. They never explain to you that the reason behind such anger and bitterness is the fact that they have been lied to.

The second problem is the fact that so many are indeed angry and bitter and that anger at the WT can be focussed on religion and all things spiritual as a whole. When you feel that you have been lied to, you start to question everything, even the things many hold sacred. Someone made a post where the question was if you had the power to stop all the injustice and cruelty in the world would you? You can see where the logical conclusion to this question will lead. Some will argue that time merely needs to pass to prove the universal issue. History has shown that not only has time passed, but the issue has been proven null and void.

The real point is where will we allow our lives to go from here. I believe (meaning my humble opinion) some try to make WT$ doctrine work outside of the borg. They dont want all they were led to believe to be a lie so they try to make it work. I know this was the case for me. The WT$ doctrine as we were taught cannot be served ala' cart. You either take the whole entre or nothing at all. So to maintain spirituality and peace, you must build up the spiritual man or woman anew.

• mouthy
    mouthy

"the man I am outside is wasting away,the man I am INSIDE is being built up anew" Well said Darth....

• mouthy
    mouthy

"the man I am outside is wasting away,the man I am INSIDE is being built up anew" Well said Darth....

• mouthy
    mouthy

Didnt mean to double post.for emphesis OOPS sorry ( old age does silly errors..

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Best quote ever:

"I don't hate Jesus, I just hate his fan club"

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Please JH, you mock God and Jesus by posting topics that get people going.

What a typical cultist comment! Heaven forbid that someone should begin a topic that moves people to THINK!!! For a Jehovah Witness THINKING is the vilest sin of all! For a Jehovah Witness, even a pedophile could be considered holier than a THINKER!!!

agapa37, if there is a god it's people like you that make him reek because of your insistance on shoving him down the throats of people who aren't interested.

W

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

jgnat,

HILLARY-STEP, I am deeply, deeply disappointed. You, of all people....it's bated breath, rather than baited. Baited brings to mind rotted fish, a lure. Baited breath does not bring forth a sweet analogy. Abated, on the other hand, brings to mind a hush before the gust. You are well known for your gusty oration, which I anticipate with barely contained excitement. Gust on, dear man, but keep the fish-breath at home.

Like the crypto-mythological David of Biblical fame, I have my flaws. Not checkin my spelin is won.

Cyclostomatically yours - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit