This board is not for me.

by Wafe 142 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    nvgnbk this is love ...just keep your head down welcome to the family

I know. I know. Right back at ya B!

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations: A celebration of how simplicity can arise from complexity and stability from complexity.

I have been told that in physics there is a term known as the "Self organizing principle". This refers to the tendency for replicating systems to arise on the boundaries of high and low energy. In a domain of high energy physical bonds cannot form. In domains of low energy once a bond forms it cannot be broken. This has a mirror in the affairs of intelligent beings.

Religions (like the JW) would be a domain of low energy (structure cannot be broken) whereas athiests, agnostics, "liberals" etc would be a domain of high energy (structure cannot form). Somewhere between the two I believe a new system is gradually coming into being.

Perfection leads to stagnation. Only in imperfection is there room for improvement and change. That is after all what life is about. The constant shuffling of attributes and abilities to insure that life will continue. The study of the very large leads us back to to the study of the very small just as analyzing the the complex uncovers the very simple principles from which the complexity emerged. Life must continue and in order to do so we need to find that balance, a place where we no longer react by learning from our mistakes but we take action by learning from our triumphs.

Wafe: celebrate the diversity, learn from it.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Jringe01 nice to meet someone else who believes in Vulcan I.D.I.C.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, the torture of the cryptic sign-off.

Cyclostomatically yours

It took me five google tries to get to the gist of your meaning. Jawless my foot! You can chew the fat with the best of them. LOL!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

For those of you who don`t know hillary_step in person.He is a class act..A good guy and a great host if your ever lucky enough to attend one of his music promotions..He does tend to piss people off with his razor wit,if he has it aimed at them ..Which I love..I`ve near spit a drink all over my screen from some of his humour..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Outlaw,

For those of you who don`t know hillary_step in person.He is a class act..A good guy and a great host if your ever lucky enough to attend one of his music promotions..He does tend to piss people off with his razor wit,if he has it aimed at them ..Which I love..I`ve near spit a drink all over my screen from some of his humour..LOL!!...OUTLAW

You are a class act yourself Outlaw. I have never been able to think of penguins in the same way since your proposed business scheme ( when you were living in the North ) of herding them and using them as beer-can holders....lol....a classic. Take care - HS

• kid-A
    kid-A

Jgnat, where did you find that picture of Agapa37 (aka def-d) ???? LOL...............

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Jgnat,

It took me five google tries to get to the gist of your meaning. Jawless my foot! You can chew the fat with the best of them. LOL!

HS

PS - Is it me, or is this Board working very slowly today? I am on cable but the pages are working as slowly as a SEARS sales assistant.

• seven006
    seven006

The group dynamics of this board continues to be as entertaining as it is thought provoking. I’m glad it never really changes through the years. People on is forum may change at times but the pulse of it’s heart beat seems to always find the balance…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………........................................... .....Before I continue, sorry for the dotted line paragraph breaks. This forum still does not seem to like Mac computers. It’s high tech discrimination! (Just kidding Simon)…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. I only post once in a great while but try to read (when I can) this board at least once every couple of weeks to see how my old friends are getting along and if they are playing nice together. There is nothing more beneficial to the exJW experience then a thread on this board where a (somewhat new) inductee to a life, after the life, exJW is trying to find their way, some answers, and they are being helped by a bunch of insecure neurotics who think they have found THE right way and THE right answers……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. when in actuality, what they have really found is their OWN PATH to THEIR OWN right way and THEIR OWN right answers………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. .Before any of you who don’t know me, get offended by my calling everyone “insecure neurotics” understand that I put myself and my closest friends into that same category as well as most all human beings (look up the “exact” definition of neurotic and decide for yourself). This board just happens to be full of some of my favorite insecure neurotics because we all share a command contributing factor in our neurosis. Where threads like this get a bit heated and the offended get even more offended is when the insecure neurotics push their own interpretation of THEIR OWN personal answers in the face of the other neurotics. It becomes a broken people neurotic free for all and in the beginning, nobody wins and in the end, everybody wins if they have the ability and desire to learn something…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………................................... ................... As my friend Farkel once said on this board, in his sarcastic and cynical wisdom, and I quote “We are ALL, a little bit broken”. To me, that was one of the wisest and thought provoking statements ever made on this board. And that incredible mind bending statement was made by a good friend and a person that is completely held together by large tube of psychological Crazy Glue………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. Now, Wafe, if you think this place is not for you, so be it and good luck in your healing process. It’s a cold and lonely world out there on your own. But if you are willing to stick around a little while and expand your mind’s boundaries to learn a few things, (not necessarily only about religious theory, but a little about human nature outside of the watchtower walls) I think it might help make you a more rounded person, let you better work out your confusions, and possibly give your present convictions a bit more balance. I have personally LEARNED as much from the people here I don’t agree with as those with whom I do. My thoughts about the whole “god” issue has not changed but only reinforced my own research and thoughts, but, my thoughts on the whole “people” issue has changed. This place has helped me tremendously in that aspect because it has so many “different” kinds of thinking people who, at one time, use think exactly the same way… This place is like a psycho therapist’s smorgasbord…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. Most of the people that come in and out the doors of JWD are, and were, just like you. Confused and a little bit broken. Now, a lot of them are a lot less confused but still, a little bit broken. But in between all the confusion some have discovered it is a lot more comforting because they have made some good friends here as opposed to just trying to make some good points here. If you stay, in time you will come to understand what you say in the way of expressing your thoughts and beliefs is more beneficial to the board’s positive group dynamics, as well as your own personal growth and healing, due to “how “ you say it, instead of “what” you may say. It will also help you add that grain of salt some have mentioned here, to better deal with the comments from the Jesus bashing, ancestors of monkey’s, like Outlaw and HS. Some times those unbelieving insecure neurotics can be soooooooooo pissy. ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. Take care, stick around, and tell Jesus I said hi…………Dave

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

This board is not for me, either....it's for all of us.

You never know--someone (or several people) who get under your skin now may very well be the same people you end up having a loving respect for later on down the road. It happens.

nvgnbk this is love ...just keep your head down welcome to the family

LMAO!!

Lucky!

Seven006--great to see you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit