This board is not for me.

by Wafe 142 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

from dale carnegie...

Lincoln believed, according to Herndon, his law partner, that “No man was to be eulogized for what he did; or censured for what he did or did not do,” because “all of us are the children of conditions, of circumstances, of environment, of education, of acquired habits and of heredity molding men as they are and will forever be.”

Perhaps Lincoln was right. If you and I inherited the same physical, mental, and emotional characteristics that our enemies have inherited, and if life had done to us what it has done to them, we would act exactly as they do. We couldn’t possibly do anything else.

Let’s be charitable enough to repeat the prayer of the Sioux Indians:
    “...keep me from ever judging and criticizing a man until I have walked in his moccasins for two weeks.”

So instead of hating our enemies, let’s pity them and thank God that life has not made us what they are. Instead of heaping condemnation and revenge upon our enemies, let’s give them our understanding, our sympathy, our help, our forgiveness, and our prayers.

• Golf
    Golf

Wafe, people will be people, witnesses or not. I have never nor will I ever change my mind about my belief in a Creator. If no one likes it, tough luck!!!! Nobody puts food on my table except me.

You will have those who will stand up for their beliefs and some will not. Stick to your guns There are so many things beyond our control and we MUST submit ourselves to these (beyond) things whether we like it or not.

Continue to enjoy and make the most of your life!!! Hang in there.

Golf

• proplog2
    proplog2

I get called out all the time because I am an Atheist yet I think there is something to Bible Prophecy. I agree that's a juggling act but I have a great tolerance for ambiguity and I am not interested in forcing a solution.

Have you ever tried to defend your belief in God?

Truth is what can be defended.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Whatacoincidence,

Lincoln believed, according to Herndon, his law partner, that “No man was to be eulogized for what he did; or censured for what he did or did not do,” because “all of us are the children of conditions, of circumstances, of environment, of education, of acquired habits and of heredity molding men as they are and will forever be.”

Perhaps Lincoln was right. If you and I inherited the same physical, mental, and emotional characteristics that our enemies have inherited, and if life had done to us what it has done to them, we would act exactly as they do. We couldn’t possibly do anything else.

Let’s be charitable enough to repeat the prayer of the Sioux Indians:
    “...keep me from ever judging and criticizing a man until I have walked in his moccasins for two weeks.”

So instead of hating our enemies, let’s pity them and thank God that life has not made us what they are. Instead of heaping condemnation and revenge upon our enemies, let’s give them our understanding, our sympathy, our help, our forgiveness, and our prayers.

Very noble sentiments, which will have the same effects on freeing a person from cultic thinking as cutting cheap steak with a piece of paper.

This has more to do with shaking a person from a hypnotic mindset than as Lincoln suggested, 'loving our enemies into being our friends'. Sympathy, help, forgiveness and understanding is interpreted by those gripped in this thinking as 'apostate wiles'. Surely you remember this?

My own feeling is that we can come dangerously close to dishonesty by trying to love those who have no respect for our own personal history.

HS

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Should we form a JC to consider this DA letter?

Don't need to. He's already DA'd himself just by writing the thing. Go ahead and start shunning.

Wafe, here's an example of different senses of humour. At first glance you may consider yourself the butt of the joke, when in reality it is the WTS and their absurd policies.

Lesson: take all comments in a positive spirit.

Nvr

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

To me it is so obvious there is a Creator due to the design inherent in everything from the smallest to the largest. Your disgust with this board is understandable. I get so disgusted with all the liberal opinions and lack of clear thinking by some. As to the Bible, I have questions concerning who decided what books were in or out and their qualifications and standing with God. If there were no Bible is it possible for God to exist? He seems so unconnected to what occurs down here. We only get a few years to observe and from opinions largely from what was written over time. As a JW I thought the question of "why God permits evil" was answered. Now I'm not so sure. If you are afraid of doubting the Bible like I was it is a struggle leading nowhere. Your friend, Carlton

• mouthy
    mouthy

Excuse me while I go beat my head against wall.
    AS Granny on board I wish to tell you that AINT allowed ..It messes up the wall No darling dont ever be sorry you said something --- we are all friends on here.We all fluff up at one time or another.... But that is what is great about being free...we show LOVE to one another....Keep posting (((HUG))
    Granny,,,,

• onacruse
    onacruse

Carlton, if I may take this opportunity to express my feelings about a post I recently made to you:

It was a harsh, a very visceral guttural feeling really, more than a well-ordered thoughtful response.

That is what oftentimes happens between people in "this environment" (not specifically meaning JWD).

fwiw, I've found those energetic interactions to be the most useful for me, as just another mere human being. I've tried to step away from them, and avoid them, and still find myself very uncomfortable in them.

Wafe, this db may not be for you...but, then again, it might be just what the "Doctor" ordered.

• the sage
    the sage

Wafe, this message is for you. I dont appear to be able to send you a (link) as an answer to your post (this board is not for me) thru the private message arrangment provision provided here. Maybe my posting it this way will allow you to click on to the site and read the book in it's entirety all 324 pages. Hopfully just click the link below and it will take you to the site. Please let me know if your able to access, and if it helps with any answers. The Sage!

http://books.google.com/books?ftype=0&id=ZlvI2MY92RAC&pg=PT1&spid=2P9cndcuIbPssJr6G9bzLIIkLH4BAAAAEwAAAGRllI4yOFWSrx1gmcT_C5HYJulx-QzbNVds_cwwCwv_&hl=en

• moshe
    moshe

I came to a personal conclusion about 10 years ago that religion is just a belief system to explain the unexplainable. I converted to Judaism in 2000 and classify myself as a Humanist Jew. I have no problems with anyone's faith as long as it causes no harm materially, mentally or physically to humankind. It is my hope that the Watchtower Society can become that kind of religion someday.

Good luck on finding your personal religion. Allow room for others to have their religion or to not have one, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit