This board is not for me.

by Wafe 142 Replies latest jw friends

• kid-A
    kid-A

"So I guess in its own way, with the exception of about two people, most here are no better than the Witnesses."

You know, I find it ironic that you blatantly insult every single person on this board (with the exception of 2 people!) whilst starting a thread about how horrible people have been treating you for daring to criticize your cherished beliefs and not responding to your PMs. The only person acting like a JW here, IS YOU.

If you're looking for an environment that promotes "group think" where everyone will agree with you and never question you, you should return to the Kingdumb hall. Enjoy the intellectual stagnation and conformity.

Finally, if you choose to leave this board, why dont you try doing it with some degree of class and/or dignity rather than sounding like some petulant 4 year old throwing a temper tantrum in the corner? Pathetic....

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

So??? Bash back. Well actually an intellectual discussion is much better than bashing. The problem as I see it is that many Faithers have a tendency to see a heated discussion as persecution.

Why would anyone want to surround themselves with people who believe like them? How does one engage in personal growth if they only discuss things with people who agree with them. Im not saying you should change your point of view, but why cant you take a look at & understand the point of view of others. It will give you a much broader understanding of people and the world, not just in the context of faith but life in general.

Ta,

matt

PS: I dont read a whole lot here now and dont know you so I dont know if anyone was genuinely nasty to you or if you are just overly senistive. Even if someone were rude you can still expand your mind a bit and learn from it. Dont take things personally, this is just a diverse discussion board. Learn how to handle diverse people. You will be better off.

• rassillon
    rassillon

Wafe,

I hope you stay. No one person has it right. They just don't.

I have my beliefs and those that don't agree with me I examine their claims if I feel like it or don't if I not.

Most stuff I just let it roll off my back. I suggest you do the same.....it helps to be this way in life.

Otherwise you will always be running from something.

Either way, your contribution is appreciated and if you do decide to go, go in peace and God be with you.

-r

• undercover
    undercover
    My belief in the Bible is very deep and I need to be with people who share the same mind but are not intersted in money as was the WTBTS. That is what I am looking for.

Then you're correct...this board isn't for you. This board is not a "Christian" board. It's not here to promote any one particular faith. It exists for people to discuss the life of being/have been/married to/parents of/children of/children are Jehovah's Witnesses.

We find support and encouragment from others who have experienced the same problems of having been a JW. That's what brought you to the board initially.

We do not all accept Jesus. We do not all profess belief in God or any god.

If you're looking to share your experiences of being a JW and maybe help others who are trying to come to grips with leaving, then you are welcome and wanted. If you're just wanting to talk about God and Jesus and want to find only those who will agree with you, you will meet with resistance and opposition.

But is that a bad thing? Is it bad to interact with others who may not accept our beliefs and who may give us reason to think about our beliefs?

I do wish you well on your journey to find peace with your God. Good luck.

• Wafe
    Wafe

After having been taught for so many years that one's existence is tied to an imortal being that wants us to not act like the animals we are, and that we only have meaning in relation to His existence, its difficult to face the reality that we are born to die. We cannot fathom the fact that this life is all there is despite the physical facts as we know them, entropy of all there is. To give up a tribal book with all its interpretations of future life is too much when the option of eternal dissolution is the reality.

This statement is exactly the point as to why I am tired of these arguements.

Please PROVE to me that we are just born to die.

Please PROVE to me that the Bible is just a Tribal book. Intellectuals say that they go by facts but after looking at many I have come to the conclusion that they are the same victims of faith as everyone else. They say that they are open and honest yet they ASSUME that any book that is religious MUST be making it up because they were not there to see it. The universe is a wonderous place and you are telling me that all of this is just here for no reason? Have you been around for the last two thousand years to varify that the Bible is just a tribal book? Have any on this board actually been to the center of the universe at the time of beginning to see if it was just a big explosion? Have you visited every star, every galaxy, every solar system? Where you there to talk to the people who wrote the book to see if it was fake? Were you there to see the first protein form with another to say for absolute certain that macro evolution is a fact that cannot be disputed? When all the trees, grass, bushes and shrubs were formed, were you there to observe to confirm that it all 'Just happned?'

How does light work? How does the body heal itself? How does the earth stay in orbit around the sun? Man does not have all the answers to these questions let alone trying to come to a conclusion as to whether it all just happened. Were you there the 3500 years that the Bible was being written? Were you there to eyewitness that all the events were just fake? Can you say for certain that the things in the Bible cannot be done? Scientists have managed to recreate some affects which David Hume in his day would have considered impossible (such as seperating water an event which they have coined the Moses effect.)

I intend no disrespect but...

To say that some 3 billion people are wrong when they say that have a relationship with God and it is all delusional, to say that the universe something so grand an large in scale just happend despite never leaving earth, to say that life has no meaning and that we are all here just to die when you do not know what happens after death requries an arrogance beyond belief.

Again I appoligize to any I offened.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

There are many XJW's who still believe in the bible, some even live in your home state. I have left you a message in your box.

• undercover
    undercover

After having been taught for so many years that one's existence is tied to an imortal being that wants us to not act like the animals we are, and that we only have meaning in relation to His existence, its difficult to face the reality that we are born to die. We cannot fathom the fact that this life is all there is despite the physical facts as we know them, entropy of all there is. To give up a tribal book with all its interpretations of future life is too much when the option of eternal dissolution is the reality.

This statement is exactly the point as to why I am tired of these arguements.

Please PROVE to me that we are just born to die.

Please PROVE to me that the Bible is just a Tribal book. Intellectuals say that they go by facts but after looking at many I have come to the conclusion that they are the same victims of faith as everyone else. ...

Now, I'm confused...

You say you're tired of these arguments but then you present a challenge for someone to argue with you. If you're tired of the arguements, don't ask for one.

Some things cannot be proven...period. You can't prove the existance of God any more than someone can't prove the non-existance God. That's where belief and faith come in to play. You have faith in God and believe in him. Others choose to belief in their own power and not rely on something unseen and unproven. Nobody's right, nobody's wrong. Just two different ways of going through life.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

To say that some 3 billion people are wrong when they say that have a relationship with God and it is all delusional, to say that the universe something so grand an large in scale just happend despite never leaving earth, to say that life has no meaning and that we are all here just to die when you do not know what happens after death requries an arrogance beyond belief.

I am not sure which 3 billion you speak of. Christians do not make up half of the world population, so you must be including
    others who have a faith in God. Even with these numbers, the other 3 billion feel differently. The point is that we should be
    able to fit into a world where the people respectfully disagree.

If you feel that there isn't enough respect from some people, that may be true. Then try to glean what you can from their
    comments, recognizing that there are all kinds of people in the world. Some of the best information can be had from the
    most obnoxious, disrespectful people. Or just ignore their comments and move on.

• James Free
    James Free

Good for you. You are standing up for what you believe in. That's good. From time to time you will see that others are standing up for what they don't believe in. That's ok too. You see, this is a discussion forum. In the Org, it wasn't allowed for you to have an opinion. Now it is, as with others. Engaging in such discussions can strengthen your faith or challenge it, but at least it makes you think for yourself! So, stick around - it's more healthy than you think.

• acadian
    acadian
    My belief in the Bible is very deep and I need to be with people who share the same mind but are not intersted in money as was the WTBTS.

There are only a few like that here. But, they have a hard time, as you can imagine. Secondly, they sometimes start out like that, and then lose it. Maybe there is a discussion board somewhere on the net that is like that. But, it would need to be a closed board, so as to keep out the naysayers. No doubt some churches are like that.

S

I'm one, and I don't have a hard time (well not too hard, anyway who said life would be easy?). I'm not interested in money. other than to pay the bills. I live mostly by exchange and barter. I've almost cut all ties with all governments. (by not except their supposed benefits and privileges) I'm not a christian, ,I'm a follower of the way and Jesus the Christ. I feel the way you do sometimes about this board, many times you feel you have something important or interesting to share and you present it and it seems all some want do (except the two you mentioned...lol) is critisize everything you say. And as has already been said, it's no differant in the real world. There are quite a few here that beleive simular to you, not exactly like you but simular. I'm one. Stick around, don't worry about those who don't believe in God, always be respectful to other's even if their not too you. And make some real friend's. And if you pm me I will answer it... I have some sites you might be interested in. Kind Regards
    Acadian .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit