This board is not for me.

by Wafe 142 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Wafe:

The Bible is all I have left and the last thing I need to hear are people that are constanly trying to distroy that faith by saying things are meant to damage it.

Perhaps the problem, dear Wafe, is that you have reduced the Divine down to words in a book and can not imagine a Source any greater than one pulled from superstitious thoughts of ancient desert tribesmen. You have placed yourself in a very precarious situation that is all too easily threatened.

The smaller our god, the larger the sphere of ominous menace.

I suggest it is time for you to either expand on your sense of Divine significance, or else find a warm place where others support only the very, very small.

Your true Source has provided you with a wondrous and infinite expression of life and universe in and around you to help you sense and see the truth, and all you have eyes for is tribal stories. It may be that this Bible you so cherish is really your prison in that its pages are blinding you to the reality that vibrantly exists all around and within you.

The jail cell door, is unlocked.

j

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Wafe,

I have grown weary of hearing the same complaints about the Bible over and over again that not only have an answer but are really simple to find if one wants to bother to look.

On another thread you suggested that proof existed that the life of David as presented in the Bible was a fact. You insisted that King David was an actual person, and not a semi-mythological figure and presented evidence that is not in the least conclusive, copied from Wikipedia to this effect. As Narkissos noted, you also left out the most important parts of the Wikipedia article that confounded your statement.

I challenged you on that thread and asked that you present conclusive archeological and historical evidence that provides evidence that the King David as presented in the OT actually existed.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/131079/2330003/post.ashx#2330003

You have not replied to that thread since. You may find that making statements as you do above, and providing no back-up for these statements does not engender the respect of many of the posters on this Board, who due to their WTS experiences are sick of being talked at and not talked with. When you cherry-pick an article from a dubious on-line encyclopedia, then smugly end it with the remark 'Any more questions?' you must be prepared to receive a reality check.

Nobody here has a directive to destroy the faith of others, but please be prepared to defend what you believe, or fall by the wayside.

My advice, should you wish to have it, is to do more reading than posting for the first few weeks. Get a feel for the personalities, humor, and variety of hose who post. Above all, research and think. This may prove to be an important liberative moment for you emotionally.

Best regards - HS

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I first came here because I shared a common thread...I stayed because I found so much more. I love the differences in each person.

lisa

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

May I comment, on your comments?

I did not understand that people were going to come here and bash God, his Son and the Bible.

Did you honestly expect to come to board made up of 'former' anythings, and find them to be different than this? Go look at some 'former Mormon' or 'former Catholic' boards. This is where the pain gets focused.

Not to mention the fact that I have tried to contact others on the board and have had my messages ignored.

Kinda' like my PM to you this morning got ignored? Hmmmm.

You have to understand what I have lost. I no longer have any friends. I am currently not dating. I have not social life whatsoever and all of this is because I stood up for my beleif that the Witnesses did not follow the Bible the way that they should. The Bible is all I have left and the last thing I need to hear are people that are constanly trying to distroy that faith by saying things are meant to damage it.

Ditto. About 20,000 dittos I would imagine. Do you think you are the only one who lost friends, social life, for standing up for what is right?

As for responses from emails...

I have sent out quite a few emails and to be fair have gotten about three responses in the last month.

See response to #2 above.

I did not read all the thread - but rest assured that I felt much of the pain you feel now. But there is one thing about a place like this - commonality. Nearly everyone here, minus the occasional person who has taken some interest, but who never was a jw, has felt some level of the pain you feel now.

You came from an eviron where the only acceptable thought process was total aggrement with what was said. You were told the question and the answer. You were told to have a conscience, then forbidden to use it. You were convinced of truth that was lies. SO all that conformity was empty too. Stick around and start to think. Welcome.

Jeff

• Gerard
    Gerard

The WT is NOT a "direct channel of communication" nor their policies are "inspired by God." Making that clear by pointing out their erroneus interpretations and calling their lies for what they are, is not a sign of disrespect to God. IMO, It is a favor.

G

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Hey Wafe. As an athiest, I personaly don't believe in god, but I have no problem with those who do. No one "bashes" god here, we only express our opinions. That is what is so great about this forum. We can all express our feelings and beliefs with complete freedom and confidence. Chill bro and hang around for a while lnger. We aren't bad people, just people with varied views on life, religion and god. No one here criticizes another. We just debate a bit. Don't go.

Stealth

• TopHat
    TopHat

My advice, should you wish to have it, is to do more reading than posting for the first few weeks. Get a feel for the personalities, humor, and variety of hose who post. Above all, research and think. This may prove to be an important liberative moment for you emotionally.

Best regards - HS

What HS really means is: research and think the way he does! He hopes! he hopes

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I sent you another PM, hopefully you will get this one.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

This board is a very very diversified group of people. The thing we have in common is where we came from. Like a high school graduating class, that time in the auditorium where they are all seated together is the last time they will ever all be together like that again. And they all go out into life AND DO DIFFERENT THINGS. Those differences dont make them evil do they? This isnt a "religious" discussion group so if what you want is religiosity and upbeat happy happy joy joy posts all the time, that is, to say the least...totally unrealistic and so in that case, perhaps you should find one that more suits you.

But the differences are what makes this board special to me and special to many of us because we dont bullshit around and tell each other what we THINK they want to hear. And that honesty is refreshing. If your skin is too thin to take some good hearty discussions, warts and all...then bye bye.

But we do hope you stick around and duke it out with us :)

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

Should we form a JC to consider this DA letter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit