This board is not for me.

by Wafe 142 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello Wafe,

I too am relatively new to posting on JWD. I threw my perspective of the board together for another poster, one in fact that you may sympathize with, he goes by the alias Mad:

Hello Mad, This discussion forum constitutes a support group for the thousands of publishers that have suffered in one way or another due to the antics of the self-appointed Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. Some here were disfellowshipped, some disassociated themselves. Yet others simply walked away because they felt they couldn't stay for one second more. Others prefer a slow fade. Some who read or lurk here are currently elders, ministerial servants, pioneers, Bethelites, etc. Some may lead an immoral lifestyle according to your personal standards, others are more morally fastidious than many JWs. Some are atheists, others agnostics, many non-denominational Christians, and quite a few undecided in matters of faith. I'm sure I'm leaving out quite a few.If you like spending time here with this fascinating group of courageous individuals you're very welcome to do so.

Love and respect,

Nvr

I offer two thoughts on why you may have difficulty with certains situations related to the board.

1. Perhaps it would be advantageous to read for a considerable time before opting to post. I did that for 2+ years. Once I did post I already had a sense, albeit vague, of the unique and varied backgrounds and beliefs, and beliefs are in a constant state of flux whether one admits it or not, that are here to be found.

2. It's important for successful interaction on this board, and in all aspects of life really, to understand and appreciate that people employ very different communication styles. Some soften their words, some are more direct, some show great consideration for the feelings of others, and yet others have already burned-out and simply may not have the emotional energy for niceties. We can, each and every one of us, learn something about humanity from all who express themselves here on JWD. The same goes for differing senses of humour. The safest bet, for your own mental peace, is to take even sarcastic remarks as being well- intentioned and good-natured.

Sincerely wishing you all the best as you pick up the pieces,

Nvr

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hey buddy,

Im in kind of the same boat as you. Im even more odd man out than you. I reject Darwinistic Evoloution as just as unscientific as biblical or ancient Greek creation accounts. Huh? Where does that put me? Nobody agrees with me. I still feel that I can learn things from Jesus worshipers & Darwin aethesists.

Lateralus--

Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
    Reaching out to embrace the random.
    Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I embrace my desire to
    feel the rhythm, to feel connected
    enough to step aside and weep like a widow
    to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
    to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
    to swing on the spiral
    of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
    between the sounds and open wide to suck it in,
    I feel it move across my skin.
    I'm reaching up and reaching out,
    I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
    And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
    We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

• Wafe
    Wafe

Christians= 1 billion

Muslims - 1.2 Billion

Jews, and others around a billion.

I said people who believe in God, not the same version of him.

My point was not to start an argument but to show you what I have gotten tired of arguing about (for example Kid-A and his statements online BTW I thank you for calling me pathetic I guess we both have some growing up to do...)

• Satanus
    Satanus
    Have any on this board actually been to the center of the universe at the time of beginning to see if it was just a big explosion?

Were the ot writers like moses there to see the beginning of the universe? Were you? Why don't you ask those questions of yourself? Can you answer them without going to the jewish book? From where did the ot writers get their laws and creation stories? Many parts of those stories, the ten commandments, and some other parts of the ot have been found in earlier egyptian, ugaritic, and babylonian writings. Have you read hammurabi's code? It was there a long time before moses' ten commandments.

S

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    (for example Kid-A and his statements online BTW I thank you for calling me pathetic I guess we both have some growing up to do...)

Hello Wafe,

IMHO, No good whatsoever can come from that kind of back-and-forth.

Kid-A hurt your feelings, ok, let it go. I think that's the healthiest approach.

Just my 2 cents( hoping that this comment does not increases your sense of isolation),

Nvr

• zack
    zack

I hope you find people who help strengthen your faith in and your belief in God.

My experience from lurking on here for a couple years before I began posting, is that what may seem as an attack on God is actually an attack on an ancient

writer's explanation of God. If they criticize the Bible, maybe they do so because some of the passages in it are not reconcilable with God, the Creator. It is

entirely possible for many things in the Bible to be just an opinion of the writer, shaped by his life's experiences.

Whatever your goals are, I wish you well. At least you woke up from the control of the WT. I am a beleiver in Christ and in his Father; I am no longer a fanatic

when it comes to defending them, however. They are both big and tough and can take care of themselves. I'll take care to live as I believe these two wish

for men to live.

Peace brother.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Wafe that's how the world is after leaving the WTS many ex dubs become atheists or pagans and most for obvious reasons become averse to religion. If you stay here you can debate your point of view, as I do, with the atheists, there are often arguments on the evolution versus creation theme. Otherwise there must surely be forums that are according to your orientation.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Many parts of those stories, the ten commandments, and some other parts of the ot have been found in earlier egyptian, ugaritic, and babylonian writings. Have you read hammurabi's code? It was there a long time before moses' ten commandments.

S

Of course the stories are similar! They are stories handed down by word of mouth since the days of Adam and Eve. DUH! BUT God chose Moses to write it down for the chosen people from whom would come the saver.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tophat

Thanks for pointing that out. I get the feeling that maybe you like me ;)

S *blushing*

• TopHat
    TopHat

To Satanus:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit