How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

It's just you and me! I can tell you everything and no one's the wiser. You keep my secrets so well. My trust in you is implicit. I have a friend who's Out side the Law. He feels he's invisible. Well, he certainly has an influence even tho I can't see him! But I do feel invisible sometimes, when I have something really important to say. But, as I get older, I don't take myself so seriously. Max Ehrmann said something about speaking your truth while walking quietly. Something like that. I don't consider that I have any truth. Boy, has the TRUTH ever been blown outa the H2O!!!!!!!! If fictional characters - like Penelope Keeling, in THE SHELL SEEKERS - could influence me to help others in the very way she did, well, that's saying alot. That's our little secret, DD, because no one knows what I've just told you, much less would ever tell me they love dear ol' Pen just like me! Had to tell you, Dear Diary. Suite from THE THREE CORNER HAT, by Manuel de Falla, just started. Love his music - memories of home - Espana, my beloved motherland!

CoCo

• minimus
    minimus

CoCo, you're doing fine. How's the meds working today, dear?

• Backed away
    Backed away

Hit and a miss, I'm more of a drive by poster or a Logged On Lurker ( I know that LOL doesn't stand for that! )

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

It's so good to be home! It amazes me that I can go through what I go through and not be driven to drink cola or pop medicaments! So many I know are skitting by on a wing and a prayer. Unless those who've forsaken God, or feel he's left them. What do I say to them, Dear Diary? These are people who no longer know where to turn. Their faith is gone. They were fooled by God's Prophet. Well, we never claimed to be a prophet, but do as we say anyway! All I can do is listen, be there for them. If they feel God has left them in the lurch, who am I? What can I do? Somehow the religious platitudes that once seemed so viable now ring hollow. I really need something strong! I'm gonna pour myself a tonic water. The quinine gives me a rush. Be back in awhile, DD, after I unwind a bit...........

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Just had a sleep-inducing hot bath - wanted to check out with you. Mort J. just announced the Rach 3 coming up next on NPR. Rach worked on it circa 1909 at his estate near the Black Sea, then hammered out the details on his silent keyboard while in his stateroom aboard a steamship bound for the USA. His performance in America went perfectly, but he vowed never again to use the silent keyboard. Why? Considered the ultimate murderous piano concerto. I feel the Prok 3 to be horrendous. IMHO. Gotta go, DD ---about to pass out...........

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Good morning! Got up a few minutes ago - 2:22 a.m. Must be getting old; sleep only a few hours at a time. Schubert's Sonata for Piano and Arpeggioni is playing now on NPR. Believe it's played on a cello. BP starts piano lessons today. Hope he isn't too nervous and ends up loving it. Remember telling the NJ ass'y audience experience about giving up "the stage" for full-time service. So exciting at the time. The rush of being on stage, telling the world you're putting first the kingdom. No going back. Vowing before the FAMILY that a worldly career, refuse compared to the excelling value of the GN, is out and life at the BH is it for me. Oh man! My prof at school said the muse of music is a jealous god, requiring much time and devotion. DD - those words got me thinkin' that I needed to quit school and serve the true God. Was studying IMPOSSIBLE TO LIE book. Convinced me to get out from among all of them. Life in the paradise compared to 8 hours a day at the piano. Sister "A" - anointed sister - tried to convince me to stay at conservatory - her thinking was sure against the theocratic thinking of the time. Did she have a special line to God? Dear Diary - my life would be so different today if I had listened to her. I let so many people down quitting school. Worked so blasted hard to get there. Do they say "no regrets", DD? I dunno. I love my JW kith & kin. Good values. Truth was a different creature 40 years ago. NW only 9 years away.
    Henry Purcell hymns on now. How Long Will You Be Angry, O Lord; Lord, Hear My Prayer, etc. Greatest English composer of Baroque Period. If I didn't have my music classes daily I think I'd be a total fool for dumping it all 40 years ago...What do you think, DD? I trust your thoughts on this. So much was good. But look where I am now - at THE crossroads of my life - if ever there were one. Gotta chew on this and some toast. Hungry. Always hungry. Spiritually hungry ones will hunger no more. Starting over - oh man!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Checking in - 7:15 a.m. "Jupiter" - by Gustav Holst, just finished on NPR. "Bringer of Jollity" is the subtitle, if I recall. Woke up to howling wind. Beethoven's "Variations on a Turkish March" from "The Ruins of Athens" - piano piece, starting. Missed the news. Feel comatose. Day old cafe encore une fois - blech! Be back shortly, when I'm coherent. [Sir] John Barbirolli now conducting the Vaughn William's arrangement of "Greensleeves." Since "Thomas Tallis", V W became a major contender for my musical affections. Did you know that, DD? Have to check in with bored friends, see if PB is a yet a kitten on the keys. Cherrio, my Dear Diary.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Have returned from the not-bored board friends and the "what's happenin'" in the news. Major info on those poor 6 premies. I just hope this all gets resolved to the benefit of the babes' welfare. Good thing the govt. intervenes to protect children. Used to think it was the highest honor to die for J. But this is not J. It's FWF and CJW and Molech! This has hit me so hard, DD. But I'm not alone, definitely not alone. Makes me think of the movie about Ruth. Saw it when I was a kid. Little Ruth was devastated when a superficial blemish on her skin disqualified her for sacrifice to the fire-eating idol in Moab. Lucky girl. Hollywood or for real? Hope KLW's booklet on JWs, Blood, & Tort gets lotsa attention. She lost her JW mum, who was ignorant of "allowed" treatment. Wonder how my JW friends feel NOW about what the So. has so graciously "permitted". They all say 'no blood - whatsoever'! When is the So. ever going to come clean? Fess up and pay out. Empty the coffers and regain your honor. Is it too late for that, DD? Word is GB would like to abandon this and lay it all at the feet of FWF & CJW. Don't know how to verify that. Sow the wind/reap a whirlwind. God have mercy. Back later on, Dear Diary. Ou serais-je sans toi??????????????

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Back again. Don't know why I have you under lock and key. We seem to be talking all through the day. Going out in a bit. Need anything at the store? Some new pages, maybe? Different color ink? II fait foid comme un chien! Old Haitian friend used to say that - It makes cold like a dog! Freezin' today. Gonna put on the layers. Back prolly b4 I go, DD.

C...

• minimus
    minimus

CoCo, you're making this thread the best ever. Thanks for giving us all the details of your day. You make me proud. Now about those meds..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit