How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Minimus, 24 February 2007, wrote:

3,522 times this thread has been read! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

FlyingHighNow, 21 November 2006, wrote:

There's a modern phenomenon they call "screen suck" that affects people who frequently use the internet. You get sucked in and lose all sense of time. This can happen to anyone and they don't have to be members of a forum or chatroom.

I average between 6 and 7 posts per day. I like the common bond we all have. We are still like family. The old geezers in Brooklyn can't take that from us. I like that we can all discuss most any subject and the threads are not limited to one main subject such as a board about needle point or knitting or football or politics, etc.

If we're feeling melancholy or elated or angry or frustrated, even bored, we can come talk about it. When I am too busy or stressed, I might not log on everyday, but when things are quiet on the home front, I will usually log on.

Hi everybody.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Diamondblue1974, 9 January 2007, wrote:

If I am in the office I have a window open constantly - the window speaks to me, draws me in and should I think of doing anything other than reading or posting I get a shooting sensation through the top of my head and behind my eyes. The withdrawals are a nightmare to cope with, I get paranoid when I am away from my desk and wish that I could take my laptop to the bathroom with me when I need the loo!

When I am away from the office, I frantically engineer ways in which I can get back to my office just to check JWD and check for PMs (not that I get many ~*hint*~ ). I hate being in court as I do not have internet access and sometimes when I am bored and a judge finds it necessary to ask me a question I sometimes involuntarily respond 'I am not an apostate, I am a free man'; the judiciary dont know what the feck I mean but hey, its all part of the psychosis of addiction.

I average about 5 post a day and rising - the counselling hasnt helped any, the withdrawals get worse and the voices get louder!

Gary

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dino, 15 January 2007, wrote:

Wow, good question min.

I used to live on this site especially back in the go-go years of JWD awhile back. I used to keep up with every poster while not posting much at all. The day I may make jedi will certainly be an accomplishment!

Nowadays I notice posters that have 5000 posts under their belt and I dont even recognize their name.

To answer your question, I come here about twice a week if that. I never log in either. I have my password written down so as not to forget it as I dont use it frequently enough to stay in my memory.

I certainly havent cast off my ex-jw brethren, instead I have been consumed by a satisfying life. Whilst not having an advanced degree, I have risen to the position of CMO of a large company. My immediate family has come out of the spiritual North Korea called the WT and I spend most of my off hours enjoying them very much. Back in the early 90's I left a very good job to "reach out" again and be a good example of theocratic headship for my family. Makes me gag to this day. It took me years to get back career wise to where I was, but I am grateful to be where I am now.

Dino

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I continue to remind myself to breathe and to get out of bed everyday. One day I won't have to remind myself.

I sure miss Maggie.

Sam

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I daresay that I've attained to a higher level of awareness. One, due to any number of internal (a bit of undigested cheese) or external (opinionated, pushy folk) forces, recoils (unwittingly?) at what one commonly perceives as ugly.

Who's to say? Beauty is in ...

There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion. - Sir Francis Bacon

Thanks, Sir.

W.S.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Truthsetsonefree, 14 January 2007, wrote: My obsession with this board fluctuates depending on workload. But I can't stay away. I've been posting for 1.5 years, been reading probably double that and I still find it therapeutic. I think the obsession many have spoken of is the quenching of a thirst and a hunger to sort out our JW experience. And I know my experience is not yet over.

tsof

• compound complex
    compound complex

I have been slacking, didn't make the top ten for the week, I guess I will be on here late tonight to make it up.

Philip

Put it in prayer, brother.

Never:

Those of Revelation? Perhaps the bubonic? Pharaoh's pestilences? Moses' maladies? If avoidance is that which you truly desire, why do you assume to approach so close to the edge of the pit, whereupon all hapless souls tumbling inexorably into the eternal chasm shall discover eternal weeping and gnashing of teeth?

Certainly I can count upon you for a plausible response.

CoCo

You're hurting me with your wit, you evil apostate CoCo! LOL! From Never, 2 August 2007

• compound complex
    compound complex

I want to sleep and sleep, though it is midday and the rest of the world is doing its thing with no knowledge of what ails me. Clarissa has declared to her daughter that her busyness amounts to triviality. But she is only truly alive when she is with Richard. Yes, he is dying of AIDS; there is understandable tension as she fusses over his health, inwardly denying the outcome she knows is so certain, yet putting on a happy face.

Richard sees right through the facade; he knows her so well. She loves him. What should she do differently? Louis Watters, Richard's former signifother, drops in early for the party and throws her for a loop. Suddenly, the delicate balance between a composed and calm exterior and the disquiet that lies beneath is shattered. She is not free from this man - Richard. But Louis walked away years before and declares his love of freedom; he has, it would seem, no regrets. He asks Clarissa if she thinks him ridiculous after revealing a new twist in his San Francisco-life ...

Clarissa and Louis and Richard: I may not choose your society, no, you may never become those with whom I share; yet, you none of you is neither ridiculous nor your life one of meaningless triviality. You do have reason to extract and savor every precious moment possible from your inevitable and necessary existence. Our paths may never cross. Nevertheless, I do need you....

+++++ Inspired by "The Hours" and Meryl Streep; Virginia Woolf's MRS. DALLOWAY, too. +++++

18 January 2007

• compound complex
    compound complex

What do you think of this letter, from a daughter to her father? It is in reference to the death of her father's sister, her aunt:

"We are terribly saddened by the death of your cherished sister, our dear aunt; but our sorrow at losing her is as nothing compared to our concern for your sake, because your suffering will be all the greater, Sire, as truly you have no one else left in your world, now that she, who could not have been more precious to you, has departed, and therefore we can only imagine how you sustain the severity of such a sudden and completely unexpected blow. And while I tell you that we share deeply in your grief, you would do well to draw even greater comfort from contemplating the general state of human misery, since we are all of us here on Earth like strangers and wayfarers...."

Those are the words of Sister Maria Celeste, written to her father, Galileo Galilei, from San Mateo in Arcetri, 10 May 1623. - GALILEO'S DAUGHTER, Dava Sobel, pp. 3, 4.

What a dear child she must have been! Of Galileo's three children, she alone was his confidante and reflected his intelligence. She proved herself a very sensible and hard-working individual, on behalf of the Church and her father. What an inspiration she is, to this very day.

+++++ 23 January 2007 +++++

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit