How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Off and running - takes me forever to get out the door. Have a window-dressing job to do. Wish me luck. Display last year brought in new customer who liked what he saw & spent $XXXXXX ! They like my work and pay me double what I was going to ask. I always say Jehovah provides. Provable or not, whoever ends up my true benefactor, I still feel the need to thank Him. DD, I still continue to believe 'let God be true though every man be found a liar.' That may end up the remaining vestige of the past 40 years. I need your input, but later. Gotta run. Mum's the word, OK? I know you don't get out all that much and your pages'd never flip out on me. I trust you that much.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Back from window dressing job. Hard enuf getting myself dressed and out the door. Prices marked down after Xmas. Hey, DD - d'ya think a thousand bucks off a sculpture will matter to the average joe? I dunno. Seems the rich folk are always looking for a steal of a deal, though. Our best pieces went to the newest and swankiest eatery in town. Eleegaant! Run by an old friend. Get back to ya, DD. Hungry again - so what's new? Back atcha after dinner. Won't lock you up - yet! Local news said valley temps in 20s, lower in foothills tonight, lower still Sat. nite........

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Dinner - un fait accompli! Have to decide between "Friday Night at the Opera," with Sean Bianco or "Nemesis," avec Jean-luc Picard. Well, I'll at least get the intro to FNATO cuz I cannot miss the prelude from "Cavalleria Rusticana," by Mascagni. So mellifluous, the melody. Too bad his later works never matched CR for popularity....Ah, the way of the artist! Do we not suffer for our art? Yeah, right. Get on with life, Dude!
    Got some reading material to share with you later, DD. Remember William Riker, from Holy City, California? JFR wannabe. D'ya think he might've been influenced - like 'birds of a feather flock together'? Think on it. They were somewhat contemporaneous. Both wackos. See ya'...

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Was I ever torn! Deeply engrossed in the "Reformed Watchtower" for Sunday when "Turandot" came on NPR. I am NOT a multi-tasker. Wanted to tell you about Sean's introductory comments. Puccini died before he completed the work. Died from complications from surgery for throat cancer. Premiered at La Scala, I think, April 1926. Arturo Toscannini was conducting and at the point where Pucinni had stopped writing, AT laid down the baton and turned to the audience - words about the death of a great composer - couldn't really catch it all as my mind was really on LOVE per the WT. Audience was stunned. [the opera must have been complete - it was the premier. P's son chose Franco Alfano to flesh out some 36 pages of sketches. But Sean said there were 23 "sheets"? I don't know for sure whether Toscannini had the completed score when he returned the next night to La Scala. Stands to reason he actually did but wanted to dramatize where the great one had ceased his writing.] "Turandot" means Daughter of Turan. While the singers pronounce the "t" at the end of the princess' name, language experts say NAY! - dot is an abbreviation for daughter - Turando.........
    DD ----- you are obsessive! wheedling all this trivia outa me when I have a ton of other things to do! Gimme a break. I sometimes feel chained to you. Don't get me wrong; I am rather fond of you. I just feel, oh, I don't know...I feel...wedded, YES! Wedded to you! But I led you into it. It's reciprocity, I guess. Sorry. I'm gonna check with Minimus and see if he can prescribe me something stronger than BAYER.
    I need a bubble bath. I do love you, DD. You know me so well.

C...

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

................How sad!..............................No one here seems to have a life! ................LOL

Have fun kids.........

• sexyk
    sexyk

I'll go on here before I go to bed and maybe once when I wake up, just to read some active topics. I'll type a couple posts each day too.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Feel better now - and notatal cross! Sorry, DD, about that little episode. I really do feel I have a life, and I'm sharing it with you. When so much that was near and dear has been ripped away, the small, otherwise unrecognized details of daily life at once take on an entirely new meaning. You understand, don't you, Dear Diary? You are wise. You are old. You remember dear old Antoine, don't you? He once told me - if only I could remember his very words ------ oh, yes! ------ L'essentiel est invisible aux yeux; on ne voit qu'avec le coeur. I wish I could locate his letter. Must have gotten lost on the airmail night flight. The eyes cannot see what is important; only with the heart may one see. My life is at a turning point, but I have by bearings and I'm moving forward. You will stay with me, won't you, Dear Diary?

C...

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I'd be here more often if I knew there would be regular entires in CoCo's diary, now I'm wondering what tomorrow will bring...
    I'm totally diggin it. ;)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I had to turn off "Nemesis" and come back to you, DD. Jean-Luc Picard is the obvious philanthropic - even philandroidopic - hero of the flick. But his younger, evil-twin clone is the very antithesis of all that is good and pure and righteous! Oh, at such a time as this, I do get nostalgic for when I was with my sweetie Ann, back in the Islands. I so miss Ann 'n tropics! Some day I'll get back there, but I don't Know If Morrow it'll be or far into the future. What is it I do do, Dear Diary, when destiny doesn't deal delightfully during depressing downturns? Good night, sweet prints!

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

It's 5:30 a.m. and down to 60 degrees inside an' if I really wanted a wake-up call I'd go outside and see if it hit freezin.......... Oh man! 25 degrees! Let a faucet trickle all night. About 15 some years ago - do you remember, DD? - entire state froze. Rain puddles iced over 10 days solid. Need come coffee. Fresh pot toady...today. Be back and tell you my plans. C.P.E. Bach's Fourth Hamburg(?) Symphony playing on NPR. Missed "Nessun Dorma" from conclusion of "Turandot" last night - a fave. Ping, Pang, Pong - Sean said were the comic relief in an otherwise heavy-duty tale. I gotta see if I can get a CD of it. Wish I could cash in my mass of CDs at the bank. Coffee - what is your favorite? Unleaded'll do nicely, thank you very much. Back soon, Dear Diary...Trumpet Overture from "The Indian Queen," by Henry Purcell started. A family(?) of four outstanding trumpet players in his day; alota scores produced for trumpet due to huge popularity..... Coffee! Winton Marsalis performed, English Chamber Orchestra. "The Hebrides Overture" by Felix M. Bartoldy, really got seasick. Fingal's Cave aka. I really need to go.....

C...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit