How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Armchair Travelers,

Are you all set for the adventure of a lifetime, to the fabled and mysterious Burma (known today as Myanmar)? American tourists start out on an art expedition that will take them to the true Shangri-La and eventually to the jungles of Burma. But mystery, intrigue and death cut a wide swath across the pathway of the travelers, who wish only to soak up the rich cultural heritage and perhaps make a little statement about the benefits of the American way of life. Sidetracked by a harmless but intent, recluse jungle tribe, the unknowing "guests" plunge into a survival of the fittest contest they never bargained for. Let's just say that, in strange and unfamiliar surroundings, there's going to be culture shock. If they survive the elements, SLORC, malaria and the Nats (no, NOT gnats), will the American travelers be the wiser and stronger for it?

The images are haunting, the characters are flawed yet nevertheless sympathetic, and Ms. Tan's writing style is delightfully idiosyncratic! A mythical holy man tells his followers that each day he has pledged to save a hundred lives. He elects to save fish from drowning, and as success is added to further success in his rescue operation, he buys more nets that he might save ever more. It is evil to take lives, but it is noble to save them.

Have you already read this captivating foray into the steamy jungles that hide and protect the Karen tribe? Do you believe miracles can happen in the middle of nowhere? If you haven't yet read SAVING FISH FROM DROWNING, I highly recommend that you get it, plop into your favorite armchair, and settle in for a wondrous journey that will undoubtedly enchant you. Nowadays happy endings seem impossible, yet....

For the love of a good read,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

We are all facing a similar struggle. In effect, the struggle to wrest ourselves free from the ties that bind and gag (thanks, Erma!) becomes an out-and-out fight. I'm speaking of us versus them. If there were simply an honorable way to exit the cult. I don't particularly wish to fight - you know, I'd rather switch than fight. Good Friend I were just discussing this - we have no intention whatsoever of entering their little chamber of horrors (aka "back room").

Do your worst.

Has JWD toughened us up?

I believe so ...

CC

• compound complex
    compound complex

Is Compound Complex afraid of Virginia Wolf? (Clam - 2 February 2007) A woolly baa would be ...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

It's time to move on. You ask where I'm heading? I have an idea but it's not set in stone.

I've never felt so free as I do at this point in my life.

He who gives up essential liberty for temporary safety deserves neither liberty nor safety. I believe I no longer require a safety net that, in the case of so many of us, was actually a trap. Those who promised us freedom are, themselves, slaves.

So, do I deserve my newly acquired liberty?

I hope so ...

C

• compound complex
    compound complex

Not in Vain

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
    I shall not live in vain:
    If I can ease one life the aching,
    Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin
    Unto his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.

Emily Dickinson

• compound complex
    compound complex

One year ago, yesterday:

Dayly, I have JWD open the whole day in the background at my office... I check it form time to time
    Caballo Sentado ******************************************************** Where are you, CS?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Daily ...

CC

• compound complex
    compound complex

MUSIC
    CLASSICAL, ROMANTIC & MODERN
    BY
    EAGLEFIELD HULL

TO
    MY WIFE

WHOSE LACK OF INTEREST IN THIS BOOK HAS
    BEEN MY CONSTANT DESPAIR

I have known wives who shared their husbands' interests and, as teams, accomplished so much. Of course, it can be vice versa. The goose and the gander.........

CC

*************************** 15 February 2007 ********************************

• 5go
    5go

too much.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

And on that note...........

Thread taken 'off topic' is being locked.

CoCo: Please note Posting Guideline #10: Posting an off-topic comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit