How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Had my nap, dinner and a "bathe," as say the British, well, in the flicks, anyway. Hadda lotta thoughts pass thru the skull of late, but someone mentioned jealousy. Recall thinking about being a victim of jealousy, a la Bette Midler and Barb Hershey in "Beaches." They were jealous of each other, but none was the wiser. What a waste of energy. Well, had my share of rottenness to the bones. Goes both ways. We all want what the other fella's got - his brains, his looks, his girl friend, his money......... Are you ever envious, Dear Diary? Like you want a leather cover or more pages, maybe? Do you wanna be published???.....No way, Jose'! You're not makin' a peep 'bout what goes down from pen to parchment. You are sworn to secrecy! I'll chain you to a post if you get outta hand!

C...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I would send it if I were you. During the humiliation of d/f an lack of association the indoctrination is at its weakest. There is always a chance you might make a difference.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I'm back again after ANOTHER nap and my fix of Manuel de Falla's "El Amor Brujo." Ah, Love the Magician! Love is like the will-o-the-wisp, fades and is gone. Why I am feeling this way? The fire burns, the river rumbles, but the waters do not put out the fire! Oh, de Falla and that flamenco music and dance make me passionate about getting home, DD! I miss Espana so much. The crackling heat of those intense summer days in the city square, the vast rolling lawn spreading its verdure before the Villa Montalvo. The cypress trees, twisting their gnarled arms skyward toward the azure skies. I am so homesick, Dear Diary, that I must not allow Senor Falla to beckon me further to what I have left behind...and lost...forever? I better leave off Recuidos de la Alhambra...too much.........
    Maybe, though, Dear Diary, it's all good now! So much that is good has crossed my path. Unc Gary and Honest Abe said something about thinking very carefully about what you are about to say, especially what you put on paper. But what if your first thoughts were totally spontaneous and out of love? Scully said that apathy, not hate, is the opposite of love. Did I recall that correctly, DD? Surely you'd remember that...you're the one with the memory. If the dear, little puppy that loves you so much wets on your foot, are you going to kick him? I think NOT! You'll pick the little drip up and give him a big hug. Never be afraid of spontaneity. I will not live my life in fear! WT facts are not reliable but I sure'd go along with jw-facts.

C...

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

My obsession with this board fluctuates depending on workload. But I can't stay away. I've been posting for 1.5 years, been reading probably double that and I still find it therapeutic. I think the obsession many have spoken of is the quenching of a thirst and a hunger to sort out our JW experience. And I know my experience is not yet over.

tsof

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Is it wrong, DD, to be true to one's self...you know what I mean...to thine ownself be true? Why is it so blasted difficult getting to believe in oneself? Doing your own thing - like being a musician or an artist - is demonized because it diverts attention from God. Do you feel that way, DD? Independent thought, creative license...Is every man who aspires to something greater than himself setting out to build a tower reaching to the heavens? Well, the truth sets one free, Dear Diary! Stepping to the beat of a different drummer, being a maverick, doesn't consign me to the realm of the godless, does it? Why is obsession, no - let's say PASSION - so reprehensible, when I personally choose my own path toward humanity and God? St. Francis declared humility and service toward one's fellow the recipe for joy. Do you find it curious, Dear Diary, that one who was about to give up on life and love, got ambushed and assaulted by apostates, and actually acquired an affirmation, an achievement? It's a whole new life out there and I'm goin' for it! Are you with me, Dear Diary? There's a new leather jacket in it for you!

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Good night. Some parting words from "El Amor Brujo" -

I am the fire in which you burn,
    I am the wind in which you sigh,
    I am the sea in which you are shipwrecked.

The new day is breaking,
    Sing out, you bells, sing out!
    For my glory has returned.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Were you calling me? Thought I heard something go bump...in the night. Oh, well. Always can use a glassah20. No cafe yet. Leaded, for tomorrow's coma. Oh...it is tomorrow. Just glanced over at Carlos Ruiz Zafon's THE SHADOW OF THE WIND. A great read, DD, about the cemetery of forgotten books. Young Daniel is treated by his book-vendor dad to a prize page-turner, nestled away in the stacks of a labyrinthine book cemetery. Word gets around of what would seem a mere, random selection of a dusty, musty old tome; arise from sleep literary daemons, who scurry about to hook or crook the book. It is a compelling tale, DD. Do you ever get the urge to get out and, maybe, join a book club or go to the library and rub spines with fellow signatures? We'll make a day of it soon, and look up some errata data.
    Back to the sheets, DD. Never meant to emerge....

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Am waking to "The Ride of the Valkyries," by Richard Wagner. Oscar Levant tried once to talk a police officer out of giving him a speeding ticket. He reasoned with the police officer, 'How can you NOT speed when listening to the conclusion of Beethoven's 7th?' Well, NPR commentator, MJ, said the same of the Maidens of Odin. Guess they couldn't get the slain warriors to Valhalla soon enough.
    Saddam Hussein's brother executed [today?]. Head severed during hanging...HOW in the world? Observer said it was an act of God!
    What's in the works for us today, DD? I have to look into ST/FC hologram doc's comment about borg implants causing minor skin irritation. He mentioned an analgesic cream that's available for it... It might help. Be back.

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

The leaded from 7:00 a.m. put me to sleep; I am so hung over........I'll be back. Need more of the same. Give me time, DD. A nice, brisk walk should do it... NO WAY!

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I know you lead a somewhat sheltered life, but information is power. Your cousins, whose pages are NOT blank, give me lots of food for thought. I've been telling you lately how it isn't so much what is "truth," but what is correct information. Well, then, I guess if we can somehow get our facts straight, that would lead us to some version of the truth of a matter. U_B wrote this and got me to thinking how honesty and integrity are an individual's identifying characteristics - or they are not. DD, what do you think of Thomas Jefferson's immortal words?:

"Truth is great and will prevail if left to herself. She is the proper and sufficient antagonist to error, and has nothing to fear from the conflict, unless, by human interposition, disarmed of her natural weapons, free argument and debate; errors ceasing to be dangerous when it is free to contradict them." - Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom

Chew on this for a bit; back atcha later on...........

C...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit