Anyone Know About The PA Convention?

by Sunspot 121 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

One of my favorite times there was when David Reed, Joan, Duane Magnani and ....Lori McGregor were speaking. They had a fabulous program! God I learned a lot. My memory for names is bad but there was one brother who used to be an elder if not a CO and he was HYSTERICAL to listen to...like pee in your pants funny! And there was the time they filmed the Ankerberg show there! They had live musical groups, singers, guitars, sing alongs...I really had a great time every year. I loved that the audience could comment and participate and it was easy and from the heart...no rote OUTLINES and cold presentations of worn out subjects. I think I will try to get my mother in law to go with me next year. She was just DAd in Jan of this year for the second time and she is out for good...but she is a VERY deeply Christian lady who loves the bible and I think she would really enjoy that weekend.

Give us a recap when you guys get back ok? :)

Loves

• mouthy
    mouthy

Ankerberg show there!

Yes I was there that year also. . It is such a great place for me....It was David that helped me come free with his "Comments from the Friends"Some one sent me a subscription.If you send me your address -I could send you a copy of the tapes.......

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

No thanks Mouthy...you are a sweet heart. I would like your synopsis tho when you return so take good notes! :)

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I'll see what I can do....and I'll PM you when I find out anything!

hugs,

Annie

Thanks Annie, I got the directions. I will only be able to go on Saturday. See ya there.

The Claw

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thanks Annie, I got the directions. I will only be able to go on Saturday. See ya there.

How wonderful to hear!

I am all packed.....picked some last minute things up at WalMart, so now I'm all ready and waiting to hit the road!!!

Right now .....I'm not nervous about the "introduction" part of the program where we speak into a mike and tell about ourselves....but the actual day it happens it will most likely be another story altogether, haha!

Do people bring bibles and notebooks, etc? Are we supposed to follow along and read scriptures from the talks? DO they even have talks with scriptures read???

Can we bring a drink into the auditorium in a small insulated bag? Are beverages allowed?

Anyone want to tell us newbies what to expect?

hugs,

Annie......who, if ya haven't guessed by now ......is a serious "hugger"! So watch out!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

All you people who are going better find me and say hi!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Do people bring bibles and notebooks, etc?Yes I take my bible & note book to take any thing I want to rememeber Are we supposed to follow along and read scriptures from the talks?No!!! DO they even have talks with scriptures read??? NO

Can we bring a drink into the auditorium in a small insulated bag? No food or drinks aloud in the roomAre beverages allowed?NO

Anyone want to tell us newbies what to expect?There are free baby sitters. & Young kids can go with person of the Blue Mountains care.

hugs,

• mouthy
    mouthy

Neon!! I am sitting in the back on the left as you enter third seat ..... Come give me a hug PLEASE!!!!(((HUG))

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit