Anyone Know About The PA Convention?

by Sunspot 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Jrjr...

I don't know too much about this convention other than everyone I have ever heard that attended RAVED about it! I'll let someone who has been there give you more info than I can! LOL!

Sue...

It sure sounds as if you are another candidate for attendance! This is SO terrific!

Hubby just asked me how in the world do I plan on finding Grace/Mouthy in a convention full of people.....somehow I don't think this is a problem.....I am THAT determined to meet her, haha! I'm sure we can work something out. She has been truly an inspiration to me for the longest time. (stop blushing, Grace! )

Now *I* am ready to begin packing......and I have no idea of what they wear there or what to bring along!.....I haven't worn a skirt or a dress since I stopped going to "the meetings", seven years ago! LOL!

hugs,

Annie

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    What convention?

It's some sort of Christian Convention if I'm not mistaken.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh Now your going to get it!!! I can talk on THIS subject ALL DAY.

First forget the dress & getting dolled up.None of that goes on> we dress in jeans ,slacks, what ever you want....I spend my time in slacks. & How will you find Mouthy??? Ask ANYONE there !!! FOR GRACE -or as I kiddingly call myself UNDESERVED KINDNESS!!!they all know me. Especially at the desk....I am as Mouthy there as I am here. But I always ( for all those years)sit in the 3rd seat on the left at the very back by the door... If you go you will LOVE it......Thank God for the one that is paying the way....I have taken new ones every year -paying the way!!!! & This is where I say you cant outgive GOD!!!! I have been blessed in SO many ways. First because the ones I took are now out of bondage. Which makes it nice for me considering how many I took into Bondage with me. But let me warn you -everyone there are NOt all believing the same way. we Think independently...And we love them all whatever they are. Many of the Amish sometimes go.they live Very near where that terrible shooting occured. One year I sat next to a wonderful Catholic Priest,,,Who told me he went there because he could feel the love.... I sit next to a guy that has gone there for over 25 years doesnt believe _ but goes because he says he too feels the love. . We open by going around the gathering by introducing ourselves. One year a fellow introduced himself from Bethel.... Had started doubting. He told us he had been calling on a man for over two years to get him to renew his subscription again ,Could never find him home but imagine he said I just found him here.....Laughter from all..
    Oh Annie I am so excited to see you ....... I get giddy when i am there ......Take some warm sweaters encase it is cold. If you dont like the topic you can always walk aoutside. I stay for all of it.Only because I love it. May not agree with ALL that is said. But I dont have to....O.K. if you want any more info let me know It is mostly ex JW testimonies. Sorry to ramble

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    If you dont like the topic you can always walk aoutside. I stay for all of it.Only because I love it. May not agree with ALL that is said. But I dont have to....O.K. if you want any more info let me know It is mostly ex JW testimonies. Sorry to ramble

I take it that nobody follows you around with signs telling you to "BE QUIET", "PLEASE KEEP MOVING", "GET BACK TO THE AUDITORIUM , (FOOL)".....as we used to see at the WTS conventions, LOL!

I appreciated what you said that you "didn't HAVE to agree with everything said", which gives a great sense of freedom. It sounds like being at a smorgasboard---you can pick out what you like and leave the rest for somebody else who likes it more! I am MOST interested in the exJW testimonies. It all sounds quite promising.

I am glad to hear I don't need to go dig out my skirts to see what still fits....I am much more comfortable in slacks.........and don't worry about rambling...I am enjoying every WORD of all this! And thanks for all your input AND your great enthusiasm!

hugs,

Annie

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I am going! It will be the first time.

I can't wait!!! (for ya'll to make fun of my accent .. lol)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I can't wait!!! (for ya'll to make fun of my accent .. lol)

Hi Renee (Sorry---I forgot the rest of your name )

How FUN! Another face from JWD!

I moved from MA to NY and shortly after moved to the deep backwoods and mountains of WVa.....you can IMAGINE how MY accent got picked on! Hard to beat a combination Kennedy-type accent mixed with a hillbilly twang we all developed!

You'll have to stand on a chair and keep shouting in "Mississippian" for me to find you, hahaha! This is gonna be SOOOOO terrific! Thanks for lettng us know you're going to be there!

hugs,

Annie

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

I go everyyear. Gave my testimoney a couple years ago.

this is the program:

http://www.pfo.org/2006xjwconv.pdf

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

GREAT, Ellderwho!

Another JWD face to look for!

hugs,

Annie

edited to add: And thanks for the program! I'll be looking at it later on this evening!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I'll be there, Lord willing and the crick don't rise...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit