Anyone Know About The PA Convention?

by Sunspot 121 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

bump

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

OOps My dear girl....You dont know me.

Maybe so----but I think I have a pretty good idea of years of reading your posts!

That didnt hurt at all.

Thank heavens!!!!!

Please dont get the idea I am a sweet old lady I am NOT....

I beg to differ......you're a pussycat , and please don't think that your sweet and thoughtful behavior means I think your a wimp!----Quite the opposite---you have a strong side I admire!!!

I dont hurt easily....I should have offered it privately,but my motive was if there was others who would like to go & they knew I would help this LITTLE bit- they might respond & ask for help.

SEE? You just proved my point! You have a heart of gold that you can't HIDE!! You had not only MY interest at heart---but others too. HOW can anyone fault you for that?

I should be the one apoligising to you....

Not in the least! You meant well every step of the way on this!

God I hoped you slept well.

Once I got this off my chest I did! I couldn't shrug it off thinking I might have hurt your feelings. You were lovingly offering to help me, I didn't want you be left in a bind financially because of me----and I was trying to let you know that.

Not as a JW (where this seldom happened), but since I have been out of the WTS I have been told that sometimes I can be a bit headstrong when accepting help from others. I will senselessly struggle to do things my own way rather than being gracious and accepting kindness from others who truly would like to help. I got that creepy feeling when I thought I had gone and "done it again".

Your going to be SO disappointed when you met me everyone is.

I hardly think so! Not for a second, Grace! Actually I feel the same about myself, I'm always afraid of not measuring up to people's expectations!

Wow---a psychologist would sure have a blast with all this, huh? Hahaha! Anyway, I'm glad it has all been straightened out. I feel ever so much better!

hugs,

Annie

• mouthy
    mouthy

I feel ever so much better!

hugs

,ME TOO (((HUGS)) Thanks !!!!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Ironclaw,

I tried to call RoseMary this morning to get directions for you.....she won't be home until this evening...MY hubby is off today and I may possibly even not be home until late...

So, I GOOGLED the map and directions for you from Syracuse NY to Ringgold PA....and tried to put the link to the whole thing onto your PM....it completely froze my computer (twice) so I won't try doing that again!

I didn't want you to think I forgot about you.....but I don't know what else to do to help! Sorry!

hugs,

Annie

• fish
    fish

Seems very bizarre that the great majority of people who are X-JWs no longer believe the bible is God's inspired word and many dont even believe in God any longer. And these people are going to be discussing and studying the bible during this convention?? LOL!!! I almost want to attend just for the laughs.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    And these people are going to be discussing and studying the bible during this convention?? LOL!!! I almost want to attend just for the laughs.

Well, Fish.....for one thing....people who attend these conventions are there because they WANT TO BE and not because they are expected to BE ! It makes a tremendous difference!

They aren't arrogantly told that "Jehovah has planned this" OR that he has prepared the entire program coming from "the platform" and EACH AND EVERY BREATHING JW must attend or have a watertight excuse as to why he didn't show up!

Of course....you DO REALIZE, that the WTS assemblies and conventions are merely thinly disguised excuses reasons for getting the contributions UP, from the poor JWs who HAVE TO attend! The pleas for $$$$ at every one of these assemblies are shameless. The WTS is shameless.

Then again....people can get up, freely come and go, and converse with others, walk around in or outdoors (from what I have been told), and can also dress casually----so uncomfortable high heels, panty hose or anything else we don't care to dress up in as the WTS demands. The attendees and their enjoyment are the primary focus of these conventions....

YOU may find this hard to believe....but LOTS of exJWs ENJOY reading (and discussing) the bible without blindly following WTS direction and interpretation.

The WTS doesn't give a rat's fanny whether a JW is broke, exhausted, tired OR totally uncomfortable, or stuck in a seat that a mountian goat would not climb up high enough to sit in---BUT---the WTS just insists the JWs BE there no matter what! I had 30 years of dragging 5-6 kids up and down cement stairs in high heels to the bathrooms or changing rooms to keep a baby or toddler quiet.....

and I have sat up with the pigeons in the sections that were the highest in the stadium because I couldn't get seats for my whole "WTS-approved dressed-up in meeting clothes" family anywhere else in the entire stadium....every year, plenty of seating went unused on the ground floor....being "saved" for people that never sat there....

...and the many years we had sat directly in the hot summer sun and got bad sunburns at the outdoor stadiums....

while doling out saved-up pennies to make sure we had enough $$$ for the meals....after traveling across one or two states to GET there because NO JW ever misses an assembly....

I never made the Yearbook because I didn't drag myself or my kids through shark-infested waters....

Did the WTS ever care about OUR comfort????

Oh yeah---you should know...there is no one walking around with SIGNS telling you where you should be or, to be quiet, or anything else of that nature that the controlling WTS is yet demanding of you at a WTS convention!

It is human nature (I'm sure you have heard of it) to enjoy being around others who have the same feelings, beliefs and experiences as you do...and this convention gives people the opportunity to do that. In beautiful surroundings. In comfort.

If you find that funny and feel it's a laughing matter.....then I think this says more about YOU than it does about those who are going to this convention.

Maybe you should attend.....you might just find that you like it.

Annie

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Seems very bizarre that the great majority of people who are X-JWs no longer believe the bible is God's inspired word and many dont even believe in God any longer. And these people are going to be discussing and studying the bible during this convention?? LOL!!! I almost want to attend just for the laughs. Where exactly do you get your "statistics" regarding what EXJWS believe? And what makes you think that people who dont believe in the Bible any more GO to that convention which is clearly called Witnesses Now for CHRIST at a place called Blue Mountain CHRISTIAN Retreat? If somebody had a problem with the Bible theyd have no excuse for walking into this convention EYES WIDE OPEN and bitching because it was a Christian faith based program. "Gosh Joan Cetnar...I thought this was a get together for agnostics and athiests? YOU TRICKED ME!" Anybody who goes there who doesnt like the program is free to leave. Personally, Im sick of being around people who wont allow me to live my life, believe what I want to without ABUSING me for it, and catagorizing, labeling and dismissing me just because I dont believe the way THEY do. Keep your mockery and your snide remarks at home please. We had enough of that crap as JWs.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Anybody who goes there who doesnt like the program is free to leave. Personally, Im sick of being around people who wont allow me to live my life, believe what I want to without ABUSING me for it, and catagorizing, labeling and dismissing me just because I dont believe the way THEY do. Keep your mockery and your snide remarks at home please. We had enough of that crap as JWs.

You GO girl!!!

There seems to be some people who are just so unhappy with their lives that they have to uhhh....spread their WTSpretend good news supercrap around to make themselves feel better! When they see others, former JWs, being happy and being MORE exuberant, joyous and excited than we EVER were about a mandatory boring WTS assembly.....they just can't stand it! They are to be pitied.

Maybe he realizes that he's not as "honest-hearted" as he'd like to believe he is, and that the pretend religion Witchtower Babble & Trick Sassiety....isn't what it is cracked up to be. We've all been there and we understand his frustration and disappointment.

hugs,

Annie

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Fish...............

Do you know what the letters WNFJ means?

Well......if you can comprehend the "simple" things.........it means WITNESSES NOW FOR JESUS.

Now why would anyone who doesn't put their trust in Jesus even go there. Possibly to create a scene like some do at the WT conventions?

If you don't believe then why do you comment about it?

HappyDad

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The lady who is taking me was here and says that we will be heading to PA on FRIDAY not Saturday!!!! YAY!!!! I have an extra DAY down there!!!! She brought pictures of the cabin and other stuff and I showed her the pictures that Loves took with the cemetary and everything.....

She didn't have a program yet, so I emailed her the one from this thread (was it Dawn again that posted that? I forgot now) so she's up to speed on the speakers, etc.

There are five of us going down in the same car for the convention, all staying together, and all were at my son's cookout in late September. One of them is the grandson of what used to be a very good friend of mine for the whole time I was a JW. This boy's Mom used to ride her bike over here to hang out with my oldest daughter when they were in their early teens. What a small world!!!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit